TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Review of InterContinental LAGOS

Save Saved
You added InterContinental LAGOS to your Saves list
InterContinental LAGOS
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kofo Abayomi Street | Plot 52, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 25% Off Room Rates!
Ranked #13 of 68 hotels in Lagos
Arkansas, United States
“Extremely Satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I would have to say I was extremely satisfied with this hotel in Lagos, probably by far the nicest hotel in Lagos. The rooms were very nice, staff was very accommodating and the food was really good as well. The hotel is only 3 months old as of the time of my stay (September 2013) and they were still working on the upper floors.

I was there on a Saturday night and hung around all day Sunday waiting on my 1130 departure from the airport. I was able to rest comfortably on the couches. They have a really nice looking business center on the 21st floor but it was closed on Sunday. Would have been nice to be able to get access to this to print our boarding passes but we were eventually able to get this done at the front desk. This room looked very nice for a quite area to work or rest. I was going to use the pool and exercise facility but never did.

The Chinese restaurant was very good as was the food in the main floor restaurant. One of the people in our party asked for a steak even though though the grill was "closed" and they were very accommodating. I don't remember the names of the restaurants but there was an Italian one as well we didn't have time to try.

I was very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MarcNigeria, Manager at InterContinental LAGOS, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Jason L,

Thank you for your very pleasant comments and review of Intercontinental Lagos. I am glad to know you had a memorable stay with our multifaceted amenities and services rendering. I will relate your comments to our Chinese chef.

For your information, on the 21st floor is our club lounge and it will open to guests next week. I hope you will have more time on your next visit to try out all other outlets that you could not visit during this stay. Hope to welcome you soon again at the Intercontinental Lagos. Best regard,

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel claim to be five star but certainly acts like a one star.
Unlike all five star intercontinentals where guests are treated like royalties, this one disrespects women. Just because you are a woman who has come to visit a friend who's lodged there, you get treated like you a prostitute.
First you have to report to the front desk if you want to visit a friend who is lodged there, then the front desk person will phone someone, who will phone the guest to confirm if he/she wants to really see you before you are allowed in and God forbids if the guest is sleeping or in the shower, you will stand at the front desk till he answers his phone.
This is an outrageous act. The other day, I had to stand there as a lunatic because they claimed my friend couldn't be reach. I had to phone my friend on his cell phone and he said he was never contacted by the front desk and we later found out his intercom was bad!!!
I was livid and still am.
Will never recommend this hotel to anyone, don't care if it's the new kid on the block!!!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
MarcNigeria, Manager at InterContinental LAGOS, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Ggee3,

We very much appreciate your review as this helps us improve our services again and again. We are sorry you feel this way from the treatment you received from our front office staff on your last visit and we would like to sincerely apologise for the fact that we were unable to contact your friend while you were waiting in our lobby.

However, I am confident that you will agree on the fact that security in hotels is of major concern and we do have strict policies for connecting phone calls, issuing room key cards or allowing visitors in respect of our guests’ privacy and comfort.

Once again, please accept our apologies; I hope we will be able to meet you soon to clarify further our security policies. Warm regards,
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

very will located hotel in the business center of Victoria Island in Lagos , all team smiling and have fresh look , the room is nice and have all traveller requiremnets , The check in process still very slow but they have good team to manage the customer expectation , personaly I was lucky to have the Duty manager Ijema Ugamah taking care of some issues I was facing and she walked with all the way to my room and she made sure that all done and prepared as I have asked for. I am very proud of this team and how far they can go to keep a customer happy.
I know the hotel is new and they are at soft opening stage but they are in the right direction for a great customer experiance

Room Tip: The room at 7th floor is very good and you can select see view
Dear Samer S,

Thank you for your very positive review of our hotel. It is our desire and objective to offer our guests at your side service, assisting whenever we can to ensure they have an enjoyable stay.

Our management team is addressing the issues militating against speedy response to check in and out as we understand that our guests’ time is very valuable. We strive for our guests comfort and provide the best experience possible always. Regards,
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The new Intercontinental on VI is a very impressive and stylish hotel with all amenities and a great location. Staff and service are excellent, gym and pool areas are clean and very well operated, and the restaurants and bars are all very good with excellent service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MarcNigeria, Manager at InterContinental LAGOS, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear David H,

Thank you for taking out the time to send your very nice review of our hotel. Our guests are special and we always want to treat them to the best of our ability and give our best services while they stay with us. I am pleased to see that you are well impressed and that you did enjoy your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you soon again. Warm regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I recently traveled to Nigeria for work and decided to try the newly opened intercontinental hotel. I usually stay at another international brand hotel in Lagos which is very good too. For a new hotel, The Intercontinental Hotel Lagos did not disappoint. The service is good, the rooms are clean... The restaurants are very impressive. The Italian Restaurant in particular was very good, it has amazing food (the fillet steak was to die for) the Chinese restaurant was not bad either.
Thanks to a few people that made my stay memorable in the hotel. Lola (concierge) was amazing - thank you! Mohammed (front office manager) very polite and helpful, always there when you need anything. Not forgetting The Exec chef Austen - thank you for the hospitality. Will definitely come back...

Room Tip: I always recommend higher floors in a hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Shux4e,

Thank you for your very pleasant comments and review of Intercontinental Lagos. We are glad to know we did meet your expectation as we strive to deliver the best possible experience to our distinguished guests.
I will relate your comments to my colleagues Lola, Mohammed, Austen and our Italian and Chinese kitchen colleagues and will encourage them to continue with what they are doing well to create great hotels guests love.
We look forward to your staying with us soon again. With my very best regards,
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Really nice hotel, the service excellent , free wifi although strangely does not work in the restaurant, excellent gymnasium. Only gripe is the hotel lifts are automated and got confused a couple of times and with the power outages do not seem to be on emergency power. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Wayne,

Thank you for your review of our hotel as this helps us know what we are doing well and what to improve upon. I can assure you that we take your comments very seriously because having our guests comfortable is our top priority at the Intercontinental Lagos.

We are sorry about the unpleasant experience you had with our wifi not functioning properly at the restaurant you visited; our IT team have looked into this. Aside the elevators been on emergency power, we are also working on having them on UPS.

By your next visit, these issues would have been resolved as we want you to have a memorable stay with us in a great hotel guests love! I look forward to welcoming you again at the Intercontinental Lagos. Regards,
Mombasa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is the newest hotel on Victoria Island. I have just spent the weekend here and have no complaints. There are snagging issues but thats a given considering the hotel has only just opened so everything is completely new and settling.

The food is excellent though pricy. The restaurant and bar staff are particularly well trained by local standards and the general experience has been very good.

The rooms are big and the bathrooms very nice. The internet is probably the fastest I have experienced in Nigeria. The views from the full glass windows in all the rooms is excellent.

Location - its central Victoria Island which makes it convenient for working round VI and Ikoyi.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MarcNigeria, Manager at InterContinental LAGOS, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Cosmos,

Thanks for your pleasant comments and review of our hotel. I am delighted to know you were pleased with the services of our restaurants and bar staff. Also with our rooms and high speed internet services.

Please accept our regrets of the shortfalls in some aspects of our deliverables. My team and I are working very hard to see to it that everything works perfectly because we know you deserve the best.

I look forward to your next visit and promise we would have improved on those areas of concern at your arrival.

Regards,

Been to InterContinental LAGOS? Share your experiences!