TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Lagos
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Clean, tasty Africal meals and a few continental dishes but i'd suggest, go there for the African food. I love their Seafood-Okro, delish!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lagos, Nigeria
“Nigerian dishes at its best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Most "high end" restaurants in Lagos are just expensive without any value. This is not the case with Yellow Chili; they blew me away with the quality of food they serve. In my stay in Lagos between July and August this year (+ my family's stay till mid Sept) we always had our local Nigeria meals here and always we were delighted with the quality of the food.
The Okra soup for me was the best although my wife (who is a super cook herself) will argue otherwise and chose the Egusi soup. Whichever you chose as long as you want to eat real good Nigerian meal in Lagos make your way to Yellow Chili, you wont regret it!

Note - If you will be buying takeaways always make sure you go through your pack before you leave else you stand a big risk of having your food being short served.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lagos, Nigeria
“Very good to taste real african food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I would have never imagine I would visit this place. I had never been into a local food restaurant, and oh my, it was so nice!
The atmosphere : First impression is a very clean place, typical African, with a nice wooden tables and chairs, simple cutleries, placemats. I had okra seafood plate, and it was so delicious, pig prawns, fresh and really fresh okro. I had barely finished my plate, as the portion size is really big. I could not eat anything for the rest of the day, so full I was. I highly recommend it to all expat if you feel like tasting good Nigerian food in a real African atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very Tasty - Best African Food in Lagos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The two Yellow Chili restuarants in Lagos (one in VI the other in Ikeja) serve very tasty West African food at good prices. For the business traveler with the remotest bit of adventure in them the restuarants are a great intro to the region's cusine, and a refreshing alternative to the familiar and hugely overpriced fare on offer at the international hotels. Best to go with a local as many dishes need some explaining! The menu is also a little hard to follow as many meals have a number of options. Personal favourites: Seafood okro - a little spicy - huge Tiger prawns with okra, served with some starch (yam or semovita etc); goat meat curry - not spicy - served with rice; spicy chicken wings - a starter; jollof rice fiesta - spicy local rice with seafood. Meal for two circa N10-12,000 (USD 60-70) including drinks.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Real Lagos style traditional food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We went there with friends and the food was amazing especially the okra srew with seafood! Yummy and Yummier when eating with hands! Yes!
we saw a rat next to us while eatong but i dont care! it was good! hey this is Africa hey it happen!
A must try! love that it is a cool relax place.

• Visited August 2013