TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Overnight transit” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Lagos Airport

You added Ibis Lagos Airport to your Saves list
Ibis Lagos Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Murtala Mohamed Intl Airport Road | Ajao Estate, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Special Offer
ibis advance saver
Ranked #21 of 110 Hotels in Lagos
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Overnight transit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I do however need to highlight the menu, which for my 3rd visit on the trot still does not have items available and when I enquired was informed its to expensive to buy in!!! I commented then why are these items still on the menu to which I was given a smile and no answer.

The Ibis Hotel has a good name and must endeavour to keep this by addressing these smaller issues to return to the standard shown during my first visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Key Biscayne, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Ibis (Accor) is a good solution for overnight stays in Lagos.
Rooms are very small but clean, adequate, the wifi works well.
Front desk is very friendly and efficient, service is professional, buffet is good quality.
The gym does not exist yet (unless two treadmills in a small storage room can be called a gym)
They have transportation to and from airport.
They even answer emails and you can reserve via email.
After the chaos of Lagos airport it is a welcome change.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Peter_DeBondt, Front Office Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Cobocon,

We appreciate your comment and thank you for staying at Ibis Lagos Airport.
I am glad that you found our employees friendly and efficient. Please understand that the gym is one of the upgrades we have on our to-do list. We will upgrade it very soon.

Thank you again for staying at Ibis Lagos Airport and we look forward to your next visit.

Inverness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have used this Hotel on numerous occasions now, its Location for transit is great and the staff there more than happy to help with all needs. The security at the gate is welcomed and keeps unwanted revellers away. The rooms are adequate and generally value for money, the tea/coffee facilities once again do not have milk and when requested none available!!

I do however need to highlight the menu, Which for my 3rd visit on the trot still does not have items available and when I enquired was informed its to expensive to buy in!!! I commented then why are these items still on the menu to which I was given a smile and no answer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter_DeBondt, Front Office Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Mr. Mark,

Your comment and loyalty is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the replies you got from our employees at the restaurant.

Please understand that we do not have milk in our rooms due health reasons. You can consider both issues fixed since we have ordered the milk and new menus.

chicago, illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

First time in Nigeria, Very nice hotel, enjoyed the food, internet service and pool area. Staff were very professional and nice, Very close to the airport, cabs outside. Would not advise anyone to travel alone. Loved Nigeria but it is not for the faint of heart. Lots of business people were there. We did have some issues with the rooms could use major cleaning, and odor in the hallways. But overall enjoyed our visit. The photos on the website are true to the hotel. Would return.

Room Tip: Make sure rooms are clean before you unpack.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Richard_robaix, Front Office Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear letsgo02,

Thank you for staying with us. It is good to know that you enjoyed your first visit to Nigeria, our food, internet service and pool area.

I apologize for the condition of the room you stayed. We always look for areas that need improvement and ways that we can be better. We currently have fragrance machines to prevent odor in our hallways and we will pay close attention to our rooms.

Thank you again for your comment and we hope to see you again.

Kind Regards,

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

It was my first stay at Ibis Lagos Airport and everything worked perfectly fine. The communication prior to my stay in terms of booking the room and arranging pick-up from the airport was friendly and straight forward. On arrival check-in was welcoming, quick and easy. My room was on the 1st floor overlooking the pool, so no noise from the road at all.
Breakfast from 4.30am until 12pm is a generous period of time, but better go before 10am if you fancy scrambled or fried eggs, bacon and sausages because they are absolutely yummy and therefore most likely finished by then.
I stayed for 10 days and throughout this time the staff was friendly and always helpful when there were questions or issues, i.e. telecommunication problems with my devices, transport or arrangement of local currency. I also got many valuable hints and advices about which areas to see and what to consider for doing business in Nigeria. Housekeeping was carried out properly and always with a smile, and the pool area was a great place to relax in the evening after a long day on the road.

The location of the hotel is perfect for trips all over Lagos and local shops are around for daily needs, i.e. water, snacks, tobacco etc. There are also decent restaurants and small pubs close by to experience local food and drinks which I enjoyed very much.

Thanks to Richard, Adhiraj, Temi, Azeez, Patience, Happiness, Ope, Jasper and their fellow colleagues for creating a family atmosphere and always being open for a chat and a laugh. That's not something you experience much often. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Richard_robaix, Front Office Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Arne,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us. It was great meeting and accommodating you.

I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Your feedback will be communicated to our team.

Thank you for staying at Ibis Lagos Airport and I look forward to your next visit.

Lagos, Nigeria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

As a matter of fact it is in a good location with respect to the local and international airport. Security around the premises not bad, cameras could be extended along the corridors, entrance double door could be changed to auto remote doors even the one that leads to the pool from the bar. Thank God the mosquitoes have been dealt with as compared to when it started. Kitchen staff is very good, I give them that, the food is very good. The rooms oh my God could be better finished, poor finishing, good items but bad wood finishing and paint in the room/ bathroom area.
Reception desk, very good staff but don't look too happy working, if your staff is not happy then management should step in. IBIS is a chain hotel, I have always visited in Cameroon, Morocco, Malabo all around Africa please lets us see same standard.
The idea of the ATM cash point inside the premises is welcome, please let it be for the customers only, not public.
It could be better but not totally bad place for now, there is room for improvement. I still use it, I will be there tomorrow.
No shuttle bus to and fro the airport, could do with shuttle buses. What happens when you have more than 3 bags? No one to assist you to your rooms.
I think it's a bit expensive for what it is right now but if improved not bad.
Wilson - Baker

Room Tip: Rooms in front are okay with views to the car park and road but back rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Wilson,

It was a great pleasure reading your post and chatting with you in person. We appreciate your business and loyalty over the years.

Please be assured that I have communicated your comments to all department heads and you will see more changes. I am sure you already noticed some changes during your last stay.

Thank you again and I hope to see you soon.

Ibis Lagos Airport

Been to Ibis Lagos Airport? Share your experiences!