TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“ibis Lagos Airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Lagos Airport

You added Ibis Lagos Airport to your Saves list
Ibis Lagos Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Murtala Mohamed Intl Airport Road | Ajao Estate, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Lagos
Lagos, Nigeria
“ibis Lagos Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

As a matter of fact it is in a good location with respect to the local and international airport. Security around the premises not bad, cameras could be extended along the corridors, entrance double door could be changed to auto remote doors even the one that leads to the pool from the bar. Thank God the mosquitoes have been dealt with as compared to when it started. Kitchen staff is very good, I give them that, the food is very good. The rooms oh my God could be better finished, poor finishing, good items but bad wood finishing and paint in the room/ bathroom area.
Reception desk, very good staff but don't look too happy working, if your staff is not happy then management should step in. IBIS is a chain hotel, I have always visited in Cameroon, Morocco, Malabo all around Africa please lets us see same standard.
The idea of the ATM cash point inside the premises is welcome, please let it be for the customers only, not public.
It could be better but not totally bad place for now, there is room for improvement. I still use it, I will be there tomorrow.
No shuttle bus to and fro the airport, could do with shuttle buses. What happens when you have more than 3 bags? No one to assist you to your rooms.
I think it's a bit expensive for what it is right now but if improved not bad.
Wilson - Baker

Room Tip: Rooms in front are okay with views to the car park and road but back rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Richard_robaix, Front Office Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Mr. Wilson,

It was a great pleasure reading your post and chatting with you in person. We appreciate your business and loyalty over the years.

Please be assured that I have communicated your comments to all department heads and you will see more changes. I am sure you already noticed some changes during your last stay.

Thank you again and I hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,

Ibis Lagos Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Turkish first
Benin City, Nigeria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hotels are usually very expensive in Nigeria, could not fathom what was in this Hotel to warrant a $200+ a night fee. The rooms are small, the rug dirty, we had to change rooms to find one that didn't have án odour. The place will fall apart in a year if not give a face lift.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard_robaix, Front Office Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please accept my apologies for the situation you experienced. All Ibis rooms around the world are of the same size. I have communicated the stain on the rug and odor to our Housekeeping department. Please be assured that this is not a common situation.

Your experience with us was less than exceptional and for that I offer my deepest apologies. I hope you will give us the chance to make it up to you during your next visit. Please contact me directly at h6708-fo@accor.com.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel within six months. It is very convenient from the international airport. The team of staff there are very friendly, they always try to help whatever the situation. It has easy access to all parts of Lagos, unlike if you stay on the Island where access to mainland lagos is dependent on the traffic on the three main bridges. I would recommend it to anyone from Europe because of their customer service attitude. There is one area of improvement I would like to suggest and that is the car service I requested did not arrive until after 30 minutes I cleared immigration. I did not like waiting around at the airport. Otherwise it's a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Few months ago I stayed on 2nd floor, this visit I stayed on the 1st floor. I preferred the second f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear AndyA875,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us.

I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful; your feedback will be communicated with our team. I apologize on behalf of our car service department. Please be assured that I have corrected the situation.

Thank you for staying at Ibis Lagos Airport and I look forward to your next visit.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The good thing about Ibis is that you generally get the corporate offering. In this case it was almost there and considering the Nigeria effect it is OK. Its not too far from the airport (about N3000 by taxi).
Layout and reception was as you would expect - the rooms were not so good. Grubby round the door handles and stained carpets but clean bed linen and towels in the bathroom. The rate for the Ibis is $150 which in most places would be over the top but is average for a hotel in Lagos.
Breakfast was really good!! A real bonus and a good way to start the day.
Would I stay again - perhaps
Did I 'enjoy' my stay - not really
Recommend - if you are passing through, then yes

Do bear in mind that hotel service levels in Nigeria and maintenance quality are subterranean. Set your expectations at 'disaster' and you will be OK

Dear Keith1955,

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for the condition of the room you stayed. We always look for areas that needs improvement and ways that we can be better. We are currently focusing on stains and other maintenance issues noticed.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you soon.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Yes, this hotel is in Nigeria, but that's no excuse for letting the rooms go into disrepair. In my room there were stains on the carpet, the TV was really small and the bathroom smelled moldy. Service in the restaurant was inattentive and the food was expensive and mediocre. The hotel is very close to the airport, which is its primary advantage. If not for that, I would have spent another $100 for the Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear FlySeeFly,

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your comment.

It is very disappointing to hear that your stay at Ibis Lagos Airport was not pleasant. Please accept my apology and give us a second chance.

I can be reached at h6708-fo@accor.com.

Deepest Apologies,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for my short trip for a board meeting in Lagos. My room ( 251) was on the 2nd floor with poor view. The rooms were neat and serviceable. The air conditioning was good. The major advantage of this hotel is it's proximity to the airport (local and international). The meals were nice with a wide variety of African and continental cousine. However the service is slow. You need to order for your meals especially breakfast one hour ahead of time. while the rooms are neat the corridors and walkways require a little more attention. The environment is difficult and noisy. This hotel is average in it's quality of service.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with an external view not a view of the hotel court yard.
Dear Andrew,

We appreciate your comment and thank you for staying at Ibis Lagos Airport. We are currently upgrading our rooms and we will pay more attention to our walkways.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your return.

yola
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have read some of the other reviews and decided to book here for an overnight business stay. The hotel is very conveniently located close to the airport - if you are just transiting through Lagos, this is a plus due to the normal Lagos traffic (which is hectic at the best of times). Don't be fooled by travel times quoted between hotel and airport - it is totally unpredictable in Lagos.

The room rates are very reasonable compared to others in Nigeria.The room rate included breakfast.

Yes the rooms are not very big, but I don't mind if it is just for transit purposes. The room was clean and very comfortable - I had a good night's rest after about 6 hours on the road. The bed and pillows was designed for weary travelers. Staff were friendly and the restaurant was good (according to Nigeria standards). That means the food was not spectacular, but it was very acceptable to my western palette. The restaurant caters for both local Nigeria tastes as well as western dishes. They had a fixed price buffet that included both Nigerian and western dishes for dinner. The breakfast however was the highlight for me - a wide variety buffet expected from any high class hotel. I cannot fault the breakfast at all - in actual fact I rate it as absolutely great.

Two little things bothered me however about the stay: There was not bottled water in the room (this is an absolute must in all African hotels due to the quality of local water) and also no form of milk to go with the coffee and tea supplied in the rooms. These two things are really such low cost little items that would have made a difference to my overall impression of my stay.

The bigger issue that bothered me was the musty smell on the 4th floor (I don't know about the other floors). I noticed this when I got out of the lift on the 4th floor. The smell that met me was one of wet musty carpets. It was only the next morning that I discovered the cause of this - the ceiling in the passage outside the rooms on the 4th floor is rotten and dripping water in places and is covered in black mold! I have been told that renovations are still on the go and that this was an issue that will be addressed during this process. I was also told that the problem exist only on the 4th floor, but I did not confirm this myself.

Overall - this hotel has huge potential and will become a regular for me, but not until the little issues and the big issue of the black mold has been rectified. I hope this will be done soon - the convenient location near the airport is definitely an attraction for me (I dislike heavy traffic).

Room Tip: I took a room not facing the road as suggested by others - i.e. overlooking the pool. It was not noi...
Dear RenaldoRheeder,

Your comment is greatly appreciated. I am glad you know how horrible traffic can be in Nigeria. Staying with us eliminates the traffic stress to and from the airport.

We are currently fixing the dripping water problem from our cooling system. Thank you again for your comment and we hope to see you again.

Ibis Lagos Airport

Been to Ibis Lagos Airport? Share your experiences!