TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Ranked #1 of 73 Hotels in Lagos
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A really good option in Lagos, better than the competition on virtually every measure. It's smaller, the rooms are better equipped the bar feels more relaxed the staff appear to care more and the restaurant whilst far from cheap, where is in Lagos, is very good.

Stayed June 2014
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear David H

The Wheatbaker Team and I are grateful for your review and are pleased you found our hotel to be of a satisfactory standard.

We do hope you will choose to visit us again in the future.

Simon Grindrod

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Whether you are seeking a weekend respit from the everyday grind, or traveling to Lagos for business, The Wheatbaker is a very lovely establishment. The rooms are very modern and elegant, and the staff are top notch. I thoroughly enjoyed dinner there, and I must say, my hostess for the evening...can't exactly remember her name..though I think it was Shalewah...was the most exquisite creature I have ever met. Her demeanor and attention to patrons was magnificent!! She should have her own class of impeccable customer service. I would go back there just to have her serve me again and again. Overall, I would absolutely recommend The Wheatbaker as a great place to stay in Lagos, Nigeria.
F. Paul
International Coffee Distributor

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear HOT4JAVA

Thank you very much for providing your observations of your recent visit to The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and will strive to ensure we maintain the highest level of Service and Quality in all that we do.

The Team and I hope you will choose to stay with us again if you visit Lagos in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Excellent experience in Lagos.. The hotel is in a very good shape with excellent services. Well secured and very clean. Room space and cleanliness were above my expectations.
The room is a bit expensive and their were noise near my room at 4 AM (probably caused by floor security).

Stayed July 2014
Dear Mohamed H

Thank you for your observations following your stay at The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

The Team and I are grateful to you for taking the time to give us your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. However, We have reiterated the importance of maintaining silence on our guest corridors in order to preserve our discreet and serene environment.

We hope you will return to us if you visit Lagos again.

Venice, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Second time in this hotel in a few months.
It is really a pleasure to come back and to appreciate the consistency of the hospitality service provided.
Great staff, perfect and professional management ready to answer to all client's needs.
Good interiors, perfect status of maintenance and cleaning.
Don't miss it if you are in Lagos.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Sid_italy

On behalf of The Wheatbaker Team, may I thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel.

We are pleased that you have found our standards of service to be satisfactory during your stays and we know that this requires daily commitment to ensure that valued Guests such as yourself return again in the future.

I am grateful for your continued patronage and invite you to contact me personally should there be anything you require from us during your next visit to Lagos.

Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The Wheatbaker is my first choice for my coffee meetings (the best cappuccino in town!!!); for the many lifestyle and art events which I put up in Lagos ; and most importantly for my valued personal retreats (staycations I like to call them) which I indulge in from time to time when I leave my home in Lagos and check in to The Wheatbaker for peace, sleep and some pamper time.

From the Nespresso machines to the silky bath robes in the rooms; from the most courteous staff in the country to the fantastic conference facilities ; from the best spaghetti Arrabiata I have had outside of Florence to the beautiful art-infused decor...The Wheatbaker is definitely my favorite hotel in Nigeria and I dare say one of my favorites in the world.

It is not cheap but it is definitely worth every Naira!!!

Keep the standard high guys!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Ugoma A

Thank you for your comments about our hotel, we are pleased you have chosen us as your home away from home.

We know that Lagosians have many choices as to where to go for meetings and social events and we are proud you have chosen us.

Consider yourself one of the Wheatbaker Family!

Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

In general, an Awesome stay

The food is the most impressive out of the 50+ hotels I've stayed at around Africa

the service was always above & Beyond what you expect & is a 1st world experience, especially when staying in Nigeria

Room Tip: Always choose 3rd floor or Higher (if possible) this stops or drastically reduces the odds of any l...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Moorzinio

Thank you very much for your review of your stay at The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

We all very much appreciate the time you have taken to provide your observations and your patronage is invaluable to us.

Please be assured that we will always strive to deliver the very best service we can to every individual Guest, without whom we would not be here.

Thanks again

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Extremely well run hotel, with excellent staff and a great location. A smaller hotel where you feel safe and welcome, where everything works, and attention to detail is admirable. Tastefully decorated and with food and beverage quality you would expect from a hotel managed by a high end South African group.

Room Tip: First floor, rear facing room quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Barewa

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback.

We are encouraged to learn that you found our service to be of the standard you require and please accept our assurances that The Wheatbaker Team and I will always strive to deliver this consistently to every one of our individual Guests.

We hope you will choose us again for your next stay!

Simon Grindrod

Been to The Wheatbaker? Share your experiences!