TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   | Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Ranked #1 of 115 Hotels in Lagos
“Pure Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My visit to the Wheatbaker Hotels with my family was amazing. We enjoy every mionute of it. Every thing about the hotel was Pure Class. My Child almost did not want to leave, my Wife who is a conservative was sure she will be back there soon. I am more than impresssed by the place. Keep up the good and quality work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Torrynno

On behalf of the Team and I, thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review.

We are all very encouraged that your family visit was enjoyable and we will strive to improve and maintain this standard.

We hope you will choose to visit us again soon.

Simon Grindrod

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lagos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel stands out as an oasis of delight in a desert of mediocrity. The welcome, the ambiance, the quality of decor help ensure that from arrival to departure the customer is King. New hotels come and go - the Wheatbaker remains a clear head and shoulders above the 'also rans'. Room 205 was that good it could have been in a hotel anywhere. The hustle and bustle of Lagos life disappeared for a night and a day. Most welcome.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear CEO G

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

The Team and I value all feedback, positive or otherwise, as this helps us to maintain and improve our Service to our valued Guests.

We hope you will choose to visit us again in the future.

london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed before, shortly after it opened and was impressed, returned last week and standards have dropped. Please let me expand, as I know the GM reviews TA - check in fast which was great, shown to the room G04 and immediately upon entering it was evident that the room smelt musty and put this down to the aircon system. Complained straight away to be told that the hotel was full and couldnt move rooms, although I doubted this as never saw many people in restaurant, bar, lobbies or at breakfast during my 2 day stay. It was only after I left and filled out the feedback form did I get an email advising that they would investigate and look to resolve. Shame this couldn't have been done the next morning. Regarding bar food, I was with 3 colleagues and we all ordered club sandwiches but they took over an hour to arrive, despite numerous requests about status of order, each time we were told they were on the way. They were good when they eventually arrived. Staff in the bar were a little slow to take orders.
Shame they couldn't have found a solution to the musty aircon or offered an alternative room - will give the new intercontinental a try when I return next year as it looks impressive.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor room 4
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Middlegam

I extend to you the apologies of the Team and myself that we did not deliver our usual perfect stay and will contact you privately to see how we can make amends and hopefully redeem ourselves!

In the interim, I shall investigate exactly why these lapses occurred and revert in detail forthwith.

We take any dissatisfaction on the part of any of our Guests very seriously.

Once again, our heartfelt apologies that you were not 100% satisfied with your experience on this occasion.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I always look forward to going to the Wheatbaker Lagos the ambiance of the whole place is relaxing, the cuisine is scrumptious, the staff are extremely friendly, courteous and always ready to assist. The location is very nice and quiet too.Thank you Laide, Harris, Zam etc and of course your wonderful GM for always being there. Please let the chef know I'll be back very soon.
Coming from Naija this hotel comes highly recommended....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Linakay

Thank you very much for your kind review of your experience of The Wheatbaker, Lagos.

The Team and I are grateful for your encouragement and hope you will visit us again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

One thing that struck me about this hotel is the decor..very modern,very bright,lots of white!I stayed here for two nights with hubby and must say it was a pleasant experience.Our room sparkled,and the bathroom was well appointed.The staff was professional and ready to assist when needed.I am impressed with the attentiveness to guests' comfort,especially the way they called our room to inquire if we were enjoying our stay,and when i mentioned that the room WiFi didn't work properly,the desk officer assured us the problem would be fixed immediately;true to her words,it was.In fact the hotel called our room again to confirm;very nice!
The steak i had there is one of the best i have ever had,and i have sampled a lot of steak all over the globe.The only downside is that the pool is tiny;looked more like a big jacuzzi than an actual pool.Also this hotel is very pricy...nice ambiance,striking decor,good service but way overpriced.
All in all,very good hotel,would recommend it if you have a fat wallet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon G, General Manager at The Wheatbaker, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Touristbee2013

Thank you for your very informative review of The Wheatbaker, Lagos. I am pleased your found our design and interiors to be interesting and innovative.

As a Boutique hotel in a very large City, we have had to face the challenge of maximizing use of available space and in this regard I do understand your point about our pool. It is quite pleasant but certainly not of Olympic proportions!

Equally your comment regarding prices is noted. Sadly you may find that costs of operating a hotel aspiring to a high standard in a city like Lagos are significant across the board. We do try to remain competitive relative to other hotels in the area.

I do, however, hope you feel we offered service and quality in return.

With our very best wishes

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business in May and was very impressed with the service, rooms and food!
The best part was the Nespresso in the room!!!
The converence facilities are also very good.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone anytime

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Freben S

Thank you for taking time to review The Wheatbaker, Lagos. We are grateful for both your patronage and kind observations.

We will be sure to keep our Nespresso machines and complimentary coffee pods in plentiful supply should you choose to stay with us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Unfortunately, I didnt stay over at the hotel. I took my wife there for our anniversary dinner but boy, did I wish I was staying.

I had made reservations earlier in the day and when I arrived with my queen, we were well received and were shown to our table.
Staff made us really feel at home. Food was really delicious and service was first class. Somehow, they found out it was our anniversary and the staff suprised us with an elegantly decorated cake.They also took pictures of us two lovebirds.
Now, to the basics. Food was really good with great atmosphere. Price was steep but then good things don't come cheap. If you want to treat that special someone to a different experience, you won't go wrong here.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Deyuze

The Wheatbaker Team and I were thrilled to learn that we had helped to make your Anniversary special for you and your wife.

It is indeed the small touches that make the difference between a good experience and a great experience.

I hope your positive experience in our Grill Room restaurant will cause you to come back and stay with us sometime.

Once again, many thanks for taking the trouble to comment.