TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Review of Planet One Hotel and Wellness

Save Saved
You added Planet One Hotel and Wellness to your Saves list
Planet One Hotel and Wellness
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5, Mobolaji Bank - Anthony Way | Maryland, Lagos, Nigeria (Formerly Planet One Hotel Aimede)   |
Ranked #24 of 71 hotels in Lagos
Zürich
“Very nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days as I attended a wedding which was at a venue nearby. During the stay the staff was really nice, polite and helped me with everything I asked for. In addition, the room was clean and tidy as well as comfortable. The kitchen was good with a wide variety of different cuisines. Highly recommend this one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I traveled from Ekpoma in Edo State on the 1st of sept. 2013 to lagos for a week long training programme and pondered on were to lodge at. Though familiar with some old Hotel names, I later decided to lodge at Planet One Hotels, and was easily located by my cab man. From the moment i highlighted with my luggage at the Hotel premises i witnessed a shocking experience of my life! Not only was i given a homely welcome at the reception, their numerous rooms and choice of facilities were very classy and were offered at an affordable rate to meet the needs of people of different taste and class. It also have a good lighting system. Their meals are very delicious too. I took out time to observe the various workers on a daily bases and they all seem to be very good at what they do and worked with passion. Services at their gymnasium, indoor swimming pool, internet system e.t.c. were offered free of charge and the entire system is clean and very fine too. I will urge every traveller to try and have a feel of Planet one wonderful services without regrets.

• Stayed September 2013
San Carlos City (iam from Scotland moved here 5 years ago)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a small well run/looked after hotel, staff are excellent and very friendly they know how to look after you,
The room I was in was excellent, spacious/clean and had the most wonderful shower/sauna all in one enjoyed that, also had a large balcony very good, a plus point for me was it was a smoking room, not many around now,(I still enjoy a cig )security was good no problems, If your ever in Lagos I recommend this hotel, a very peaceful nice place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I spent the weekend in lagos on the mainland, where I stayed at planet one! Their rooms and interior takes you out of nigeria, very classy and traditional. The value and quality of the food both chinese and indian was superb! The room was well funished and beutiful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to have a well relaxing and stress free stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Swiss
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Have been staying at an other hotel in Ikeja before. The Planet One has proofed to be a clean, friendly and quiet place to stay. I would recommend it to all that have to stay in this area. Given the context and the quality and prices of other hotels, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Do not take room 143
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Somerset, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Was here for almost 2 weeks for my wedding, even in the executive rooms, plumbing for bathroom heater and refrigerator was very poor. sometimes the toilet wouldn't flush, we kept changing rooms due to flooding. i was amazed that throughout the 2 weeks of my stay non of the top managers found the time to even come apologize or give us a concession, when i used the gym we had to pay for water.
Another very embarrassing situation was how me and my wife kept getting embarrassed at breakfast, when one of the staff shows and says "food is only free for one" , then when i complained it was a double occupancy room they came back and apologised. only for the whole drama to play out again the next day. i had to personlly request the food manager, he grudgingly came and affirmed, but it didnt stop. the one bright spot i experienced were the staff, who were mostly nice , courteous and pofessional. the gym guy, the front desk manager and the guys in the kitchen. the problems we had i could clearly se was above them. feel i should have bagged a free night for all my troubles and 2 week stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
reservation p, General Manager at Planet One Hotel and Wellness, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Efe,
Our entire team joins me in thanking you for taking the time to post your valuable comments.
I have shared your feedback with regards to the issues on maintenance and F & B service with the team and would like to assure you that we have initiated training based on your feedback. We thank you for bringing this to our notice in order to benchmark our service levels.
We are also glad to note that feedback such as yours that go on to motivate our staff to perform to the highest standards.
Once again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Lagos.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Hi friends and my travel mates, I am back with my Nigeria experience.
I came for Nigeria for the first time in life. And was too scared after reading the blogs on various travel forums and the bad experience mentioned on those forums. PLEASE BELIEVE ME IT’S A LIE.

I had never seen such a beautiful place like Lagos-Nigeria. I was on a business trip. I stayed in Nigeria for more than a month. Choosing a hotel was the most difficult thing. Because I wanted a decent, safe and very good place after having a negative mindset about Nigeria review by others on various forums.

But I am surprised to have found happiness in its true form at Planet-1 Hospitality. I strongly recommend it to every one who wish to visit Lagos-Nigeria (be for business, family, or short term vacation).Planet-1 is the name every household remembers, the most happening place in Nigeria. The man who created Planet-1 hats of to him, for making a dream in reality by giving a shape called as Planet-1 where everyone can feel and be with happiness.

Happiness is the essence at Planet-1. A lovely place with enchanting atmosphere with essence of nature in every element apart from the astonishing hospitality experience at Planet-1 is beyond comparison. Staffs are so pleasant, polite, and very good. Always there to attend. You come once, and you will find Planet-1 as your second home. Its feels bad when you go back to your country. This is personally what I felt.

The vision of Planet-1 is true in its every aspect. Happiness will always be beyond expectation. The food they serve Continental, Chinese, & African Cusines. I fell in love with Jowl of Rice and with goat meat. And Please don’t forget to taste Yam along with sauce. For all kind of food lovers, please be prepared to let your taste bud feel the essence from your soul.

The rooms are amazingly spacious, very much clean. Its truly an experience beyond five stars. And for bar goers, there is a haven called as the Bamboo Bar. I spend most of my evening there listening to the music (from hip hop to soul touching music).

I had been traveling since past 2 years internationally, and I never ever expected such a place exist on earth, with a astonishing touch of nature in every aspect from hotel rooms, hotel lobby and the natural pleasing attitude of front office, bar guys, kitchen staffs. I am falling short of words.

Its truly said, when we spend more time and we explore more aspect of the vicinity. I stayed in Planet-1 for more than 30 days at stretch..And the experience can never be explained in the words. It’s truly god’s country where nature resides in every aspect which I realized during my stay at Planet-1. I would like to show my gratitude and thanks from bottom of my heart to Planet-1 for making me feel the real aspect of nature in true sense with their out of the world hospitality nature. Any time I go Lagos, it goes without saying,

I will be again going to Planet-1. Friends see it , feel it and tell the world about it. This place need to exposed to all travelers like me who comes to Lagos for business trip and personal trips. I personally feel they are quite reasonably charged compared to the service and hospitality you get..Its more than value for every penny paid.

Room Tip: Just book you rooms online and surprise yourself..Because I am sharing my personal experience. Plane...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
planetonehotel, General Manager at Planet One Hotel and Wellness, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Mr. Linilchandra,
Thank you for your time and sharing your experience. We very much enjoyed having you as our guest at Planet One and do appreciate your valuable comments which are vital for us to make it our constant effort to improve our service in order to meet, and where ever possible to surpass, your expectations of what make a great experience.
Thank you once again for your appreciation and looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Been to Planet One Hotel and Wellness? Share your experiences!