TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Plot 8, Fatai Arobieke St | Off Admiralty Rd, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Ranked #44 of 341 Lagos B&B and Inns
“HORRIBLE HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was about my worst hotel visit ever! There was no towel in my room and when I called, I was told the Towels were being washed and I never got it till I checked out angrily. The bedsheet had rust stains from the rusty buttons on it, the A/c didn't work properly.

Very unsatisfactory stay and I won't recommend this place

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have now stayed at the Maple Cottage over half-a-dozen times and always appreciate the warm welcome and friendly service. The bar provides a thriving socialising venue in the evenings and the kitchen serves good food at reasonable prices.

I would recommend Maple Cottage to anyone traveling to Lagos on business but on a budget. The hotel rates in general on Victria Island can be extremely high and not great value, but Maple Cottage is a welcome exception to the rule.

Room Tip: One can usually negotiate a 10% discount from the published room rate :)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

To describe Maple Cottage as a guesthouse would be an understatement to say the least……….. but that’s what it’s called !
From day one I was greeted with smiles from the fabulous staff and was treated with first-rate service. I often forgot I was not in a five star hotel. But with the décor and service who would blame me!
The owner Chris with his trademark laugh and hospitality would often be seen mingling with guests and making them feel completely at home.
The lounge/bar for me was fabulous on so many different levels during the day it served as a meeting and networking hub, Aptly named the “Buda lounge” and at night it transformed into a stylish chilled out unique atmosphere.
Apart from the wonderful room service, it also housed a lovely restaurant were I felt comfortable having meetings too. You get the feel of unrestrained glamour and minimalist chic, with Chefs capable of producing immensely satisfying first class Western and African dishes.
On the whole, this was one of the best places I have been too. I strongly recommend it *****

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

My wife and I just returned to California after a three weeks stay at the Maple Cottage while we visited families. It was wonderful in every way. Our room was elegant and quiet (we were given a free upgrade), the staff was friendly and very professional, the M bar was the perfect V Island setting for breakfast and lunch, and the location was perfect for our purposes. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

Travelled with Colleagues from work and we all stayed there.
The rooms are clean and cozy, friendly staff and DELICIOUS MEALS!!!
We were a group of 11 staying for 1week and it was wonderful of the hotel management to organize Breakfast and Dinner buffet just for us.
This was really delicious and we all looked foward to the meals, that most of us rarely had lunch at lunch at work.
Meanwhile, the Cocktails are Delicious that I always tried a different one every night because it was impossible to stick with one.
5 of us are going back for another conference in August and guess where we,ll be staying???

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

I found this hotel on recommendation from friends in Toronto. This hotel is a true boutique hotel. Verry classy. The ambience and decor is impressive. I loved the restaurant, the chef knows how to put it together. Full english breakfast was truely satisfying.
The rooms were extremely clean and beautiful. Beds also very comfortable. Was here for business so the constant wi-fi internet service was a big relief.
i recommend this hotel and i can assure you, that you would not be disappointed.
One added bonus is the M-lounge which is the coolest place you can find to have a good time!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Maple Cottage? Share your experiences!