TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Very good hotel with good value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bon Voyage

You added Hotel Bon Voyage to your Saves list
Hotel Bon Voyage
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   57A, A.J Marinho Drive | off Ajose Adeogun St, Victoria Island, Lagos 101241, Nigeria   |
Ranked #34 of 117 Hotels in Lagos
Cairo, Egypt
“Very good hotel with good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

the hotel is nice, sea front, the area is a little bit crowded as it is near some buildings that are under construction, it is a little bit far from the center of Victoria Island. the rooms are clean and spacious with good air condition. the internet is very fast. the breakfast is good with variety of food and egg station. the staff are friendly and there is a drop off service to the airport and other places.
unfortunately the last 2 days, we faced some unpleasant things. the first thing is the power cut off, the power cut about 20 to 30 times and of course when it took so long to come back the internet goes also. the second thing is the tap water, i opened the tap of the shower to take a bath but unfortunately i found the water was in brown color. but this did happen in the last day only.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lagos, Nigeria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Disappointing is putting what happened on February 14, 2014 mildly! They ran a Promo for a Valentine's Day buffet which they clearly could not handle. As early as 8.30pm they did not have any more food; it was so bad their 'chef' was scrapping crumbs/leftovers from the trays and serving. Please, for goodness sakes it is a buffet not a secondary school dining hall. The hotel refused to give several couples a refund.
We also did not get the room we asked for, but we let that pass, our night was already ruined. The smell that enveloped the Hotel was something else; we managed to sleep and were out by first light. Complaining at the front desk was another mistake on the morning of the 15th. The attendant was rude to say the least. A friend who also slept over told us the breakfast was no different and was complimentary for only 1 person (On a Valentine’s Day promo? seriously?)
In summary and my advice: Hotel Bon Voyage clearly cannot cope with ‘deals’. Please stick to serving full paying customers and don’t tarnish the reputation of the brand name. The brand needs more promoters than detractors.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
sprakash1, General Manager at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Sir / Ma'am,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Hotel Bon Voyage . I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

It is always disappointing to hear of our failures and particularly embarrassing for myself to learn that our people failed to deliver on this occasion. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused you. I had personally taken up with my team in regards to the issues pointed by you and rest assured that the issues are given highest priority.

Regards,
Prakash
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My family and I spent the valentine's night there, we had read other reviews on trip advisor, so our expectation was kind of high. The staff were friendly and professional. We had paid for a deluxe room with lagoon view, but am positive we dnt get that instead we go a swimming pool view instead! I asked a staff and she said this was the lagoon view. Totally different from d picture. The rooms need proper maintenance the paint on the wall were peeling off and the bathroom tiles needed more white seal. The towels and robe look worn out. I have to say the small chop we had was lovely (besides the tasteless springrolls). Then the TV dnt have as many channels.the hotel is in a nice location. Oh how could I forget the smell on the corridors. I think the hotel needs to get some plug in air freshners.

• Stayed February 2014
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed several days on business and enjoyed my stay very much. Every interaction with the staff was pleasant and there was nothing they weren't willing and able to help with. I can recommend Hotel Bon Voyage to anyone!

Stayed January 2014
Ravenna, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

In Lagos for meetings my company book a room in Bon Voyage.
Quite good welcome but very good room service. Considering that I am italian I can say good dinner and breakfast as well.
They only have to put more attention in details not very well maintened.
Good experience to repeat

• Stayed January 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The rooms are clean, and it's a nice set up. Very nice poolside area, with a gym in a roundavel right next to the pool. Also a cute fountain. Well maintained gardens.

It's not a posh place, but rather a cute small place to stay at. Staff are polite, service is good. In an overpriced city, you definitely get value for money here. I recommend it.

It is kind of hard to find, and the receptionists don't give good directions, so use google maps!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I recently spent 4 weeks on business in Lagos staying at the Bon Voyage Hotel. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the food, whilst not gourmet, was adequate. However, what stood out for me was the hotel staff. They were always cheerful, friendly and helpful, like so many of the Nigerian people The staff always had a smile, which looked genuine compared to the frozen plastic smiles in so many other places. I would like to thank each and every one of the staff who looked after my colleagues and I.

Room Tip: Avoid the side close to the buiding site.