TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Review of Hotel Bon Voyage

Save Saved
You added Hotel Bon Voyage to your Saves list
Hotel Bon Voyage
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   57A, A.J Marinho Drive | off Ajose Adeogun St, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Ranked #14 of 73 hotels in Lagos
Brisbane, Australia
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Bon Voyage on a recent visit to Lagos and was pleasantly surprised. I had moved from some disasterous accommodation after 1 night and the Bon Voyage was very comfortable. The very friendly staff upgraded my room to an ocean view and were helpful and courteous throughout my 3 week stay. The food is good and the location is convenient - right in the middle of Victoria Island close to bars and restaurants. I will definitely stay at HBV if I return to Lagos.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are very nice - and much bigger.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HotelBonVoyage, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Nick,

On behalf of the entire staff and management of Hotel Bon Boyage, we thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave us a review. We noticed that we scored low in some of your assessments and we will continue to work on these areas to maintain the high standard and consistency we benchmark ourselves on. We look forward to welcoming you back.

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My NGO/non-profit organization hosted a 15-person meeting here. The hotel was identified for its quality and positive reviews and selected for the reasonable prices we were quoted and the responsiveness of management during the process. Very comfortable, beautiful hotel on Victoria Island. Clean, comfortable rooms, fully-equipped conference facilities, excellent restaurant with complementary buffet breakfast, buffet lunches and dinners, as well as a la carte entrees. Beautiful ocean-side pool and pool bar (with food service) that are both open late: perfect for relaxing after long days. Excellent hotel for business and some additional relaxation. But even more noticeable was the care and attention that every single staff member places on ensuring their guests' satisfaction. The manager, sales and marketing executive, events coordinator, restaurant manager, wait staff, front desk staff, and hotel staff will all go out of their way to welcome you as a friend and ensure that your needs are met, even during the busiest parts of the day. Very competent staff, making Hotel Bon Voyage a very confident choice for work or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an encouraging review. We were delighted to host your group at Hotel Bon Voyage and it was such a pleasure to serve you. We shared your review with the entire staff of the hotel to let them know that the hard work they put in does get noticed and appreciated by our guests and this really did make them smile.

We look forward to your future visit to Lagos.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on business. It was referred to me by another business associate who previously stayed there. To be honest, this hotel surpassed my expectations as a business traveler. Upon my arrival in Lagos, I was promptly retrieved from the airport even after being delayed well over an hour because my luggage wasn't available on the carousel. When I exited the airport, the hotel representative was standing there front and center. During my stay at the hotel, I was always greeted with the highest level of hospitality. Not one staff member passed by me without greeting me with welcoming words and a warm Nigerian smile. ...and the food was EXCELLENT!!! As a small American business owner I definitely recommend this hotel for business travel to Lagos.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HotelBonVoyage, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. The entire team at Hotel Bon Voyage are very glad that we contributed in making your stay with us an excellent experience. We are pleased you enjoyed the food and we'll continue to strive to maintain the very high standard we set ourself as we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Lagos.
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff were courteous during booking and check in. The hotel was a little hard to locate by local taxi cabs but it turned out to be a true beauty. The landscaping is lovely, rooms are nice with comfortable bed and linens however there was a very offensive odor in the room when we first checked it. We had to open the windows even after an air freshener was used. The pool view rooms are stunning and you get to appreciate nature in its element. The food was good, fair selection and all in all, it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the poolside bar. For the hotel, kindly make sure that the room is well v...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelBonVoyage, General Manager at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad your check in was smooth but really regret the offensive odour you had to deal with. This was as a result of recent maintenance work that was carried out to solve a problem caused by the construction next door. We regret the inconvenience caused and hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Hotel Bon Voyage.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I travel to Lagos frequently and wanted a hotel that is quiet and reserved on my recent trip. I found this hotel suited my requirements. I was impressed by its ambiance and found the staff members warm and friendly.
I will definatly used this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HotelBonVoyage, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Michisasa,

Thank you for staying with us on your last visit to Lagos. We are glad that you enjoyed the ambiance of Hotel Bon Voyage as we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Lagos.
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

When working abroad it is not always easy as one's day tends to be office to hotel to office. I can truly say that the staff at the Hotel Bon Voyage in Lagos made it seem like I was going home, and not to a hotel. The staff are the most friendly of any place I have visited and they certainly make the challenges of working in Lagos a pleasure. The food is great, the pool is so beautiful with the beach back drop. I would not stay anywhere other than here while working in Lagos. A cold Star Beer at the end of a day outside by the pool can not be beat!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the end caps ... they are bigger and very comfortable!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HotelBonVoyage, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Bon Voyage, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Mary,

We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience with us on your last visit. Your words are very encouraging to members of our team and we will continue to strive to exceed your expectations. We hope to see you again very soon.
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I would personally like to thank the management and staff at the Hotel Bon Voyage for making my stay so pleasant and comfortable.
The rooms were Clean Tidy and the service was flawless.
The staff ensured that we were taken care of professionally from the moment we arrived. Would like to thank Especially Mr. Prakash and Ms.Yemisi for their Hospitality. I would highly recommend this hotel in Lagos and will be sure that other also will enjoy the stay.

Cheers
Simon

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter"
Dear Simon,

It's with great pleasure that we thank you for your review. We have also passed on your appreciation message to the members of staff especially those you highlighted. We are indeed sorry about the slight noise from the construction next door and we have had a word with them to start slightly later in the mornings and finish slightly earlier in the evenings. We have been assured of their full understanding and cooperation. We will also endeavour to improve the speed of service and can assure you that you will see a marked difference on your next visit. We look forward to seeing you with us again soon.

Been to Hotel Bon Voyage? Share your experiences!