I always had good experience with the hotel. Very friendly staff, neat, clean and a quiet hotel. I always really enjoyed staying here. I much appreciate the many facilities they offer. The pool bar was always a great place to hang out.
Lately, however, because of the airlines it has become a very busy hotel and the focus has shifted to servicing these airlines. Good for the hotel, but less so for the casual business traveler. Food has very much improved, and certainly the morning coffee, but overall, the service offered by the hotel has decreased. The rooms given are not up to the standard as they were before and the service is less prompt and much less personal.
It could very well be temporary. The hotel is very old and undergoing, much needed renovations. The rooms that you get as a business traveller are cleands, the beds are good, but everything is old, you see chips off the walls and/or door posts, wardrobe doors fall out of their hinges, chains on the bedroom door not well screwed on or show marks of forced entries, not giving a safe feeling etc. Bathrooms are in similar state. Often not everything is working as it should be and water from the taps is generally orange/yellowish probably from the old pipings. The fire alarm tends to go off quite regularly, which is a bit annoying when this happens after 10 p.m . Credit card machines behind the front desk don't always work and the ATM machines in the lobby are often out of order. It makes it difficult to pay.
Food is good, but if not ordering buffet and thus ordering a la carte, it can take ages. Last time we waited for over one and a half hours for a simple steak and fries. Same if you would like to have some repairs done in the room, it needs many reminders to the front desk. In general the front desk is not working efficiently. If the evening before you indicate a problem, it doesn't seem to be communicated to staff taking on the morning shift. It's more about inefficiency then unwillingness, so I have good hope that it might improve as I do much appreciate the hotel itself and what it is offering for the price it asks.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Festac Lagos Hotel
- Golden Tulip Festac Lagos Hotel Lagos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Tulip Festac Lagos, Hotel & Conference Centre is located in one of the most dynamic trade and business districts in Lagos, situated at half an hour's drive from Lagos International and Domestic Airports, and has easy access to Apapa commercial harbour and industrial areas as well as to other business districts such as Ikeja, Victoria Island, Ikoyi and others.The hotel is designed to provide guests with various business and leisure facilities, complimented by international service standards and local gracious hospitality.The Golden Tulip Festac Lagos is a new 471 guest room property The hotel is located in one of the most dynamic trade and business districts of the city of Lagos. Half an hour’s drive from central business districts and the airport, the Golden Tulip Festac Lagos is located near the Badagry Highway which leads travellers by road from Lagos to the neighbouring Republic of Benin. The hotel is set on a 7 hectare site and features beautifully landscaped Tropical Gardens, 471 rooms, a variety of restaurants and bars, the largest and most flexible conference and banquet facility in Lagos, a Gym and wellness centre, tennis courts, squash courts, a bank and shops.Construction Date 2009 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Golden Tulip Festac Lagos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.