TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“"Small but nice"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Hotel

Avenue Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lagos
Avenue Hotel
11, Musa Yar Adua St | Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Ranked #33 of 71 hotels in Lagos
Coventry
“"Small but nice"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The staff are first class all very friendly and helpful, they cant do enough for u, anything u ask for its not a problem for them.The location is safe and perfect, far enough from the strip to get away from the hustle and bustle of Lagos but close enough (5 minute walk) to get to, enjoy evening meals and drinks, shopping malls, nightclubs,and banks! I have to say that I have never ever stayed in such a nice, well run, immaculately kept haven. Although there was some renovations going on at the pool and Gym it was no problem and never obtrusive. the weather was fantastic, couple of short bursts of rain but nothing really, but it did make the landscape so nice and green, The Rooms and bathroom were spotless, Excellent Wi-Fi facility throughout the whole of the hotel, including your hotel room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Chester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

When you consider that the other option for Europeans is the Radisson Blu at +$400 per night, this is an acceptable alternative.
It is typically African in standard and service but is perfectly OK.
The water was off for one day but they have a good Generator so when the power goes, it never is off for too long.
Staff are lovely and friendly and the rooms were serviced daily.
I did have a small complaint about the fact that the Mozzies were let into my room by open windows, courtesy of the cleaner, but after i complained, the manager then instructed them to de-bug my room and the smell of the spray they used was extremely strong and made all my clothes in the wardrobe smell.
If I go again, I will take my own insect spray I think.
All in all, not a bad little guesthouse and I would consider when I go back again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mavenue, Director of Sales at Avenue Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you sir for your comments and also for choosing to stay at the Avenue Hotel. We are always happy to get feedback from guests.
Ive had a chat with our team mates (who have the job of looking after the guests rooms) &
you will be happy to know that they have come up with a new bug spray brand that has a lighter after-fragrance which is now used as standard in the hotel!
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, and will look forward to welcoming you back again whenever you are in town.

We love to hear from all our guests as we believe that your comments drive us to sustain our services and help make us an alternative, affordable oasis of comfort among the larger, more expensive big name brands out there.
We wish you a happy rest of year in your business travels!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great value for money. The staff are so welcoming and professional. The price was amazing and my room was beautiful. I did have a problem with my TV but the staff tried to fix it. I had a great time. i would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at the Avenue Hotel, your comments drive change and we are happy for feedback.
We have upgraded the breakfast menus wonderfully and we now have a wider range of sections for your enjoyment including, Healty breakfast section, Full English sections, Fruits only section, Continental section, Nigerian Sections and also we even increased the brands of tea we carry to include green teas and more!

We look forward to hosting you again when you may be in Lagos next time!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

I stay at this wonderful place in March 2011 for 5 days after finding them on facebook. The Place is noise proof so you cant hear the generator. The pepper goat is to die for, i had it every night.............lol The staff were so friendly and helpful, they found someone to tie my heap wrap for a wedding. They could not do enough. They have a bar and have various special night. The Avenue is near a nail bar, supermarket and it is safe.
My only bad point is they try and serve you same breakfast every day but just tell them you want some diffrent and they will offer you yam, plantain etc.
It a best kept serect of Victoria Island, Stay there. I will be back in xmas

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I visit my partner in Lagos and have stayed at The Avenue Hotel three times. It was a reasonably priced hotel, in comparison to alternatives in Lagos, and you get excellent value for money.

Nigeria doesn't seem to have a huge amount of tourists, but I found that the staff were switched on, polite and attentive to all my needs. The hotel is also located in a central location and you feel safe and relaxed at all times. Max, the owner, takes a deep personal interest and is keen to make sure his guests have a lovely stay.

We have had three lovely stays and would highly recommend The Avenue to anyone visiting Lagos.

Roger

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011 via mobile

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Really good location too. We have stayed here a few times, and I'm sure we will be back!

• Stayed October 2011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Superb location, right in the heart of Victoria Island, and fantastic value for money. The staff are keen to please and it is also good to see Max, the Avenue’s very genial owner, often around to make sure that customers are happy. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet and well run hotel in Lagos - a good place to work and hold meetings during the day and very vibrant and great for food and drinks in the evening.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Avenue Hotel? Share your experiences!