Stayed at the Radisson for 2 nights from the 31st December 2011 to the 2nd February 2012.
We asked for a Standard Room with 2 beds as we were 2 adults and 3 kids. On checking in we were told there were no double bed rooms available and even suggested the kids could sleep on the floor with a duvet. I gave them a piece of my mind about that and it seemed to wake them up. After a 2 hour wait, I was upgraded to a lagoon facing executive double room and was asked to pay half the price on my intial bill for the entire stay. Not bad for compensation I must say.
The hotel has a very good buffet and breakfast was very filling. Room also had lots of space for the kids to run around. The kids also enjoyed playing in the kiddies pool and the hotel made a fair attempt to entertain them on new years day. The bar at the Lagoon was quite refreshing and was quite a good place to hang out in the evening.
Some areas I think the hotel needs some improvement is the pricing for the buffet meals particularly dinner. Was quite pricey. The also need to take out the rug in the hallway to the rooms. They are so filthy its amazing a hotel 6 months old doesn't ecen seem to want to do anything about it. I will suggest they change it to marble tiles.
On the whole, our stay was nice and a breath of fresh air staying away from home for a couple of days.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos Hotel Lagos
- Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Lagos, Nigeria, Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, is a stunning masterpiece styled by famous Swedish hospitality designer, Christian Lundwall. The Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria is nestled along the Lagos Lagoon on Victoria Island in the midst of the business district and banking area. This Lagos hotel has 170 air-conditioned rooms, including 8 unique and opulently furnished suites, offering both stunning city and lagoon views. The Voyage buffet-style restaurant serves a range of eclectic, international cuisine and local dishes, while overlooking the Lagos Lagoon. The View bar lounge is ideal for snacks and drinks, and perfect for a Classic Cocktail as the sun sets.Providing jetty access, the Surface Bar and Grill on the terrace offers outdoor dining overlooking the lagoon. Guests enjoy free access to the hotel fitness area, complete with cardiovascular gym, massage room, outdoor infinity swimming pool, and steam room.The hotel boasts two upscale boardrooms and four spacious meeting rooms, all offering natural light as well as all the modern, audiovisual equipment expected of a World Class Hotel. All you need for a successful stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Rezidor, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.