TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“Wonderful client relations!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Citilodge Hotel Lagos

You added Citilodge Hotel Lagos to your Saves list
Citilodge Hotel Lagos
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Goshen Estate Road | Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Offers & Announcements
$110 (USD)
Ranked #14 of 81 Hotels in Lagos
“Wonderful client relations!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I spent one week at Citilodge during a recent visit to Lagos and although it was obvious that some maintenance needed to be done to bring out the best from the available facilities in the hotel, the quality of their food, the courtesy of the staff and the excellent customer relationship skill of the GM (a Zimbabwean)overshadowed whatever facility challenge I observed...plus a mini charokee during dinner! I have used the standard of food I ate during my stay at Citilodge to judge all the hotels I have stayed in ever since!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Isdore M, General Manager at Citilodge Hotel Lagos, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Obaro A

I would like to express our sincere gratitude to you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay at CITILODGE Hotel. The team and I were delighted to have you as our guest.

We are encouraged to hear that your experience with us was hospitable and you really enjoyed the sumptuous meals our restaurant serve. We acknowledge with delight your comments , and the team and I again will strive further to ensure that only the highest standard is maintained for you and all our valued guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back at CITILODGE Hotel for another great and hospitable experience and be assured of our attention at all times.

Isdore. Mujati
Genaral Manager

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

i did spent one week in the hotel, my experience was very nice, the staffs were very nice and very kind they make you feel you have not leave your home comfort. The room is very spacious, the Air conditional is perfectly okay. the bed is well laid and spacious, the compound is very neat. I hope to recommend my friends. I know they will never regret going there.

Room Tip: I am very sure that all there rooms will be good like the one stayed
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
olufemi t, Manager at Citilodge Hotel Lagos, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Samson,

I would like to thank you very much for taking time to review your recent stay in our hotel.

Indeed, we are humbled to learn that you enjoyed your stay. It was our pleasure to have you with us and to be of good service to you. We thank you for your comment as it assist us in keeping on improving and providing only the best of product and services to valued guests like you.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Nigeria.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I got to know about Citilodge Hotel through my boss who resides in Lagos and my experience during my one week of stay was a fantastic one. Great Location, good reception, clean and very spacious room, highly professional staff, wonderful restaurant with nice food and reasonable prices. I like the swimming pool, very clean. Keep it up !

Room Tip: Rooms that face the swimming pool are lively.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
olufemi t, Manager at Citilodge Hotel Lagos, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Olumide,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay in our hotel.

Indeed the team and I are humbled to learn that you enjoyed your stay. It was our pleasure to have you with us and to be of good service to you. We thank you for your very positive comments as they assist us in keeping on improving in providing only the best of product and services to valued guests like you.

We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Nigeria.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I recently spent 2 days on business in Lagos staying at CITILODGE Hotel. It has a nice location, the garden at the entrance make the hotel look greatly. The swimming pool/Gym is good.
The rooms are clean and spacious with good air condition. The internet is very fast. The breakfast is good with variety of food as complimentary.
Every interaction with the staff was pleasant and there was nothing they weren't willing and able to help with. I can recommend CITILODGE Hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy that you had a nice time at CITILODGE.
Our promise to you is that we shall exceed your expectation when next we have the opportunity to serve you.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had used Citilodge several times in the past and was quick to recommend to friends and family. Decent room size, good value, courteous staff, great location. I have stayed there several times in the past. My recent visit however reveals the place is falling apart. Maintenance is poor, it took several hours to get a room key (I had to keep going to the reception to request someone let me in to my room with their one copy of the master key, EVERYTIME I left my room). Rattling air conditioning systems didn't make sleeping very easy. My shower had no pressure and I had to shower in a different vacant room. Several other things went wrong in my very short and disappointing stay (particularly disappointing given that I saw the hotel in a much better state in the past)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
olufemi t, Manager at Citilodge Hotel Lagos, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Mr Babajide,
Thank you for your observation which clearly shows your disappointment despite your loyalty to CITILODGE.
As you have observed rightly, it is not in our character to provide substandard services and please be assured that steps have been taken to correct the negative observations. We had a challenge with the key cards as our suppliers did not deliver the ones ordered as they in turn depend on the foreign manufacturers. The somewhat good news is that that they have promised to supply us the cards before 10th June 2014. Further more the air conditioners are being overhauled and some will have to be totally replaced. We have now installed additional pressure pumps and the taps now flow freely.
We promise that your next visit to the hotel will be a memorable one.
My apologies please.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Rooms and hotel are in ok condition. One can tell that maintenance and upkeep are poor and is reflected in quality of rooms and hotel. Staff hospitality and treatment of guests (there were 5 of us) was disrespectful. Example: Water pressure in room was very poor (not good enough to wash hair) and reception staff told me that "you should just manage with it". When I asked to use a shower in a different room but again the staff member insisted that I manage and that I lucked out when I moved rooms (making a disrespectful and insinuating comment about having moved into a room with my friend). She offered I use a bucket to shower but the staff never came with it. When my male friend asked to use a separate room to shower he was granted the request.
Staff also made bizarre requests to pay for the room in advance with cash. Felt very uncomfortable and disrespected by such poor service.

• Stayed May 2014
olufemi t, Manager at Citilodge Hotel Lagos, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Mec2204,
Thank you for your comments and observations.
Unfortunately, the lady that attended to you is a new recruit and it is clear to us that she cannot fit into Citilodge team. I have personally had cause to draw her attention to some unacceptable behaviours which do not gel with our culture at Citilodge. We are now left with no choice, than to allow her to go look for less demanding jobs. You will observe from previous reviews that top notch customer service is our selling point and we cannot afford to slide back.
Please be assured that the behaviour exhibited when you were, is not in our character and I promise that next time you have cause to be in Nigeria you will have a totally different impression. My apologies please.
Stella Aluko,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

When we visited Citilodge in 2013 it was just average and still trying to get its act together but this last trip to the hotel has been an eye opener. I am going to be encouraging people from the UK to patronise the hotel because of the great improvements I noticed when we visited again for 3 weeks in January. The customer service is Excellent, the bed sheets very clean and white and the environment very neat. The rooms are of good good sizes. The location is perfect for movement around the island and even to the mainland and staff generally VERY friendly and CARING. I recommend this hotel to a Business traveller and to holiday makers. Bimbo Folayan (Chairman, Central Association of Nigerians in the UK)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Isdore M, Manager at Citilodge Hotel Lagos, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear abimbola70

Indeed the team and myself, we are humbled to learn that you enjoyed your stay. It was our pleasure to have you with us and to be of good service to you. We thank you for your very positive comments as they assist us in keeping on improving in providing only the best of product and services to valued guests like you.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Nigeria.

Isdore

Been to Citilodge Hotel Lagos? Share your experiences!