TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

““Very good hotel with good value for money”” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Citilodge Hotel Lagos

You added Citilodge Hotel Lagos to your Saves list
Citilodge Hotel Lagos
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Goshen Estate Road | Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Special Rate
$110 (USD)
Ranked #15 of 73 Hotels in Lagos
Abuja, Nigeria
““Very good hotel with good value for money””
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I recently spent 2 days on business in Lagos staying at CITILODGE Hotel. It has a nice location, the garden at the entrance make the hotel look greatly. The swimming pool/Gym is good.
The rooms are clean and spacious with good air condition. The internet is very fast. The breakfast is good with variety of food as complimentary.
Every interaction with the staff was pleasant and there was nothing they weren't willing and able to help with. I can recommend CITILODGE Hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
olufemi t, Manager at Citilodge Hotel Lagos, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy that you had a nice time at CITILODGE.
Our promise to you is that we shall exceed your expectation when next we have the opportunity to serve you.
Stella Aluko

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had used Citilodge several times in the past and was quick to recommend to friends and family. Decent room size, good value, courteous staff, great location. I have stayed there several times in the past. My recent visit however reveals the place is falling apart. Maintenance is poor, it took several hours to get a room key (I had to keep going to the reception to request someone let me in to my room with their one copy of the master key, EVERYTIME I left my room). Rattling air conditioning systems didn't make sleeping very easy. My shower had no pressure and I had to shower in a different vacant room. Several other things went wrong in my very short and disappointing stay (particularly disappointing given that I saw the hotel in a much better state in the past)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
olufemi t, Manager at Citilodge Hotel Lagos, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Mr Babajide,
Thank you for your observation which clearly shows your disappointment despite your loyalty to CITILODGE.
As you have observed rightly, it is not in our character to provide substandard services and please be assured that steps have been taken to correct the negative observations. We had a challenge with the key cards as our suppliers did not deliver the ones ordered as they in turn depend on the foreign manufacturers. The somewhat good news is that that they have promised to supply us the cards before 10th June 2014. Further more the air conditioners are being overhauled and some will have to be totally replaced. We have now installed additional pressure pumps and the taps now flow freely.
We promise that your next visit to the hotel will be a memorable one.
My apologies please.

Stella Aluko
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Rooms and hotel are in ok condition. One can tell that maintenance and upkeep are poor and is reflected in quality of rooms and hotel. Staff hospitality and treatment of guests (there were 5 of us) was disrespectful. Example: Water pressure in room was very poor (not good enough to wash hair) and reception staff told me that "you should just manage with it". When I asked to use a shower in a different room but again the staff member insisted that I manage and that I lucked out when I moved rooms (making a disrespectful and insinuating comment about having moved into a room with my friend). She offered I use a bucket to shower but the staff never came with it. When my male friend asked to use a separate room to shower he was granted the request.
Staff also made bizarre requests to pay for the room in advance with cash. Felt very uncomfortable and disrespected by such poor service.

• Stayed May 2014
olufemi t, Manager at Citilodge Hotel Lagos, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Mec2204,
Thank you for your comments and observations.
Unfortunately, the lady that attended to you is a new recruit and it is clear to us that she cannot fit into Citilodge team. I have personally had cause to draw her attention to some unacceptable behaviours which do not gel with our culture at Citilodge. We are now left with no choice, than to allow her to go look for less demanding jobs. You will observe from previous reviews that top notch customer service is our selling point and we cannot afford to slide back.
Please be assured that the behaviour exhibited when you were, is not in our character and I promise that next time you have cause to be in Nigeria you will have a totally different impression. My apologies please.
Stella Aluko,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

When we visited Citilodge in 2013 it was just average and still trying to get its act together but this last trip to the hotel has been an eye opener. I am going to be encouraging people from the UK to patronise the hotel because of the great improvements I noticed when we visited again for 3 weeks in January. The customer service is Excellent, the bed sheets very clean and white and the environment very neat. The rooms are of good good sizes. The location is perfect for movement around the island and even to the mainland and staff generally VERY friendly and CARING. I recommend this hotel to a Business traveller and to holiday makers. Bimbo Folayan (Chairman, Central Association of Nigerians in the UK)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Isdore M, Manager at Citilodge Hotel Lagos, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear abimbola70

I would like to thank you very much for taking time to review your recent stay in our hotel.

Indeed the team and myself, we are humbled to learn that you enjoyed your stay. It was our pleasure to have you with us and to be of good service to you. We thank you for your very positive comments as they assist us in keeping on improving in providing only the best of product and services to valued guests like you.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Nigeria.

Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Warm friendly welcome when you first arrive and that stays throughout your stay. All the staff including reception, house keeping and security care about you and your stay and offer a really friendly service. The hotel is very clean and well equipped. The food is excellent and offers a real taste of Nigeria. The pool is clean and wonderful to swim in and relax. The hotel is in a safe area of Lagos and is an ideal base to explore the city. Taxis are very helpful and a good price can be fixed before you start you day exploring. Hotel cope's well with the power cuts and happy to resolve any issue to make your stay memorable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Isdore M, Manager at Citilodge Hotel Lagos, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Richard S

We would like to thank you so much for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay at CITILODGE Hotel.

Indeed the whole team and I are greatful to your very positive comments which are invaluable in helping us to maintain and more importantly improve our offering to all our valued guests.

We are glad that our products and services met your expectations and made your stay as comfortable as possible.

We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Lagos and be assured of our attention at all times.

Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Lagos is quite a stressful place to be especially when you have meetings and you get stuck in unpredictable traffic, after a day like this the best if not the ONLY thing you need is a stress-free, quite, friendly environment, I highly recommend CitiLodge Hotel, if you know what I mean.
Neat rooms, respectful, caring and friendly staff and to top it all very moderate costs considering their location.
Once I am in Lagos again, CitiLodge is my 1st choice, cheers to them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Isdore M, Manager at Citilodge Hotel Lagos, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear King D

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Nigeria.

Sincerely

Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I thought the room was quite nice with TV and fridge. Fairly clean and good house keeping. The bad side was the electricity kept going off (around 50-60 times during the 8 days I was there). that needs to be sorted and other bad thing was church with band directly above our room bashing out drums late at night and early morning. Air conditioning good and staff and security also good but no access by road so have to walk into hotel from road.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Isdore M, Manager at Citilodge Hotel Lagos, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear alana 124

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at our Hotel. It was encouraging to note your compliments on the quality of our rooms, level of cleanliness, quality of the air-conditioning as well as the professionalism and hospitality you received from our staff during your stay. The team and I take great pride and encouragement for such positive comments and we thank you.

We also noted your comments on the issue of accessibility to the hotel during your stay, kindly be assured that this was because or the new road construction that was taking place at that time. Kindly note that this has been finished and the hotel now has direct access to the main road as the road has been opened. The hotel looked on the power cuts and that is the reason why power is always restored immediately there is a power outage.

We take pride in continuous improvement and we will strive further to excel in providing only the highest standards of product and service to valued guest like you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and be assured of our attention at all times.

Isdore

Been to Citilodge Hotel Lagos? Share your experiences!