TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Offers & Announcements
$404 (USD)
Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Lagos
Durban, South Africa
“Best place to stay in Lagos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I came with low expectations with all the “Lagos hotel stories” I’ve been hearing. To my surprise this is a very good business hotel! I stayed for 2 weeks.

The room is spacious and well-kept with adequate lighting, efficient air-conditioning, modern furniture, flat screen TV with sufficient satellite channels and very efficient wifi. I had a peaceful sleep, no noise from outside could be heard. The bathroom is also well-kept. The hotel has a good fitness center which is best visited in the early afternoon when other guests are still out. The only complaint I have is that they do not have small weights for women.

In-room dining is good. The restaurant also serves good food but I opted for in-room dining most of the time. The food is always tasty but with some minor inconsistencies on presentation, which is negligible.

The service is also very good. The staff are always accommodating. One problem I encountered is that the card machine does not process new Mastercard cards with PIN and had to do transactions manually, unfortunately not all staff are aware of manual transactions and they made me call my bank to sort it out. I told them I had been using the card in Lagos with no problem except at the hotel. I had to call for a manager to sort it out and it was resolved quickly.

One Friday afternoon when I got back to the hotel, there was a hand-written note from the general manager saying "Enjoy the weekend" and a small bottle of whisky, a thoughful gesture done for guests.

The hotel takes security seriously. Each floor had a security person which made me feel safe during my stay.

I noticed a lot of power cuts in Lagos but the hotel managed to make it short with alternate power source. I will definitely stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ssih, Manager at Southern Sun Ikoyi, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Sir,

We want to say a big thank you for choosing to spend time with us, we are glad we were able to meet your expectations.

We are committed to quality service delivery as you have already experienced. You cant get it better anywhere.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Lagos.

On behalf of Managemnt and Staff of this great hotel, wishing well in all your endeavours.

Warm regards
Udeme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

In the last one year, I have organised about three business events at Southern Sun Ikoyi, Lagos and I am amazed at their consistency in delivering superb customer service. The staff are friendly and efficient. My guests love the food. The events manager(Joyce) is very approachable and so helpful. One of the reasons why I have decided to stick with SS hotel is because they take the burden off you in terms of event organisation... and who wouldnt want that (*winks*).

The location, secure environment, comfortable rooms and adequate amenities is another key factor for me, as most of my stay in guest are foreigners who are concerned with high quality hotels and security. For me, my room had an fantastic view of the environ and the room service was good. Infact, I have secured the date for my next event.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ssih, Manager at Southern Sun Ikoyi, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear StarAM,

We at Southern Sun Ikoyi Hotel say a big thank you for your feedback on the quality service you received on your last conference held here.

We want to assure you of our dedication to continued quaility service delivery as we look forward to welcoming you back on the next conference. Please feel free to let us know how we can further take the load off you.

We wish you well in all your endeavours.

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

It's a simply ok building (risk: your aircondition could be quite noisy!) - but the rooms are clean and there is not something not to like. Hotel location is convenient - close to business district but not too far from airport either. The big difference is the service: probably one of the best I have seen. Breakfast and dinner at the restaurant were very nice also.

ssih, Manager at Southern Sun Ikoyi, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Auteur,

We appreciate your comments and contributions and we are glad you experienced the five star service we are known for.

Consistency is the key as we assure you of that on your next visit to Lagos.

Warm regards
Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

In my view the best service you going to get in Lagos. Hotel is a little tired versus the new arrivals but was ahead in terms of service. Mark the GM can solve any problem!
Hotel transfers can be added to your room bill saving the hassle of paying in cash.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ssih, Manager at Southern Sun Ikoyi, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Hesham,

Quality service delivery is what we believe in and stand for. We are glad you gave us a chance to express same to you. We appreciate your comments as we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The security staff (at the front entrance) and the restaurant staff were the best at the hotel. They were pleasant and offered good service. Room was clean and adequate. A good place to stay. It's a pity I did not have enough spare time to enjoy the spa or a good swim.

Room Tip: Best service at the restaurant and the door security.
ssih, Manager at Southern Sun Ikoyi, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Jane,

We want to appreciate you for taking out time to comment on your recent stay with us. Your comments and your visit are of great value and we are glad we were able to meet your satisfcation.

We are committed to quality service delivery and we promise to consolidate on your previous experience.

We look forward to welcoming back to the hotel on your next visit as we make you feel at home away from home.

We wish you well in all your endeavours.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I lived in Nigeria for many years and this was my first trip back since over 2 years. My expectation in regards to the hotel were not too high and I was mentally prepared for another one of these hardship trips... I got it all wrong!

The SoutherSun Hotel is clean, friendly and well run. The restaurant food is great and I really enjoyed the pepper soup which I had been missing.

ssih, Manager at Southern Sun Ikoyi, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Sascha,

Of course, "no wahala", thats what we are all about. To wow you and make you feel at home. We are so glad we were able to change your perspective about hotels in Lagos, and indeed Nigeria.

We are committed to quality service as we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. With respect to your comfort, nothing is too much for us to do.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I was very nervous travelling to Nigeria alone. After 1 night in the hotel, I felt so comfortable and really started to enjoy my trip. It's clean and the people are really friendly, everything works. Free wifi :)
Food is very expensive but you get big portion. I still feel its over priced.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ssih, Manager at Southern Sun Ikoyi, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Lynne,

We want to appreciate you for taking out time to comment on your experience with us and we are so glad that we made your stay so comfortable.

We are commited to continued quality service as we assure you of the same experience and more, on your next visit to this part of the world.

Udeme

Been to Southern Sun Ikoyi? Share your experiences!