TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

You added The Federal Palace Hotel to your Saves list
The Federal Palace Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 - 8 Ahmadu Bello Way, Lagos, Nigeria   |
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Lagos
“Federal Palace Hotel...Home away from away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Form point of arrival, my 2 nights stay at Federal Palace...it was a relaxing experiencing.
Despite that it was a business trip, I was so relaxed as the environment gave the right ambience. From the receptionist at arrival and the waiters that attended to me...I was totally Impressed at their politeness.

FPH comes highly recommended by me for any traveler or tourist.

G.A

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

So, with a mixture of regret and relief, I bid farewell to the Federal Palace. I've spent maybe 20 or 30 nights here over the past few years, but after my most recent trip, I'm calling time now. On the regret side, the staff are friendly and cheerful. They've been consistently the positive side of the property. The relief is that I won't have to face the very sub-standard evening buffet again, the run-down exterior and public areas, the super-noisy aircon in the rooms, and I won't have to wonder why the owners don't swing the priority pendulum just a bit back from the casino where it lies, to the hotel, where it's needed. Net - competition's now strong and present, but in my view the Federal Palace, very sadly, is neither.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

They cut out the water with no warning what so ever. Want me to take a bath with a bucket of water. They call them self a 5star hotel and this is what you get after paying a fortune to stay here. Food takes forever to serve and once it arrives the food is cold. Really a bad experience and they should drop there star rating to a 3 star...

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We recently held the first India Education Fair at FPH and our overall experience at FPH was satisfying and we would recommend others to use the venue for their business meetings/seminars. The staff were very cordial and the food served was excellent.---Vijay Kumar, STPL Nigeria

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Federal Palace and held our business reviews in their conference facilitates.

Rooms are spacious and clean. Bathrooms need a bit if attention to upgrade things a little.

Reception and communal areas are nice wide open spaces, something that's nice to have when you are in Lagos for a few days, with the grass in the front, that leads to the water (harbour entrance), making you feel like you are not in this exceptionally built up city.

Food has been enjoyable.

The conference area is well situated and while our room has no windows and is a little stuffy as a result, we have been comfortable and happy.

• Stayed May 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

From the day we set out to hold my niece's wedding reception at FPH, we were amazed at the helpfulness of FPH staff... nothing was too much for them to accommodate for us.
They worked tirelessly to ensure we got everything we asked for. The food was superb, beautifully laid out and hot! The waiters and waitresses immaculately turned out and they served us to the very end (and the reception, which started at 1.30pm went on till 11pm)! The marquee was spotless and nice and cool! I really cannot rate it any higher in my mind or in this review. FPH, you did us proud, thank you so much.
For ANYONE who wants a small, intimate, wedding in Lagos, in a lovely setting, with good food and good service AND chilled champagne, FPH is the place I'd strongly recommend!
I can also recommend the pool area... Superb!!!

Room Tip: Unfortunately, I didn't get to sleep in the honeymoon suit ;)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
david_kliegl, General Manager at The Federal Palace Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Mr WorldtravellerJ

Thank you for posting a review of the Federal Palace Hotel & casino following your recent stay.

We were delighted to read that found the hotel and the facilities on offer to your liking. There are power points located next to the bed which power the bedside table lamps. We would be happy to provide adaptor plugs should you require power for additional devices.

Your comment regarding the “lady friends” is noted. I would like to assure you that we have an excellent surveillance departments and that the “friends” are closely monitored as any solicitation is totally unacceptable to us.

Thank you for your recommendation, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino when next you are visiting Lagos.

Kind regards

David Kliegl
General Manager Nigeria
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I was a bit worried when I was told that I will be staying in this hotel. This was because I usually see the tall run down building from the outside. But I was suprised to see a new hotel building within the compound when I arrived. I spent 5 days in the Hotel during an exhibition within the hotel and I must say it is definately one of the top 5 hotels in Lagos. The room was clean, well decorated and spacious. The Pool and garden area is awesome and can get quite busy in the weekend as it's a popular attaction for children. The negative things about the hotel is that it only has one restaurant which I think is inadequate for such a big hotel, also the one or two 'lady friends' who came be found hanging out in thee bar on weekday nights and the lack of power sockets next to the bed(All the sockets in my room were around the Tv and and working table). There are also a variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

I will highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Victoria Island.

Room Tip: All rooms are non smoking, ask for a room close to the elevator if you need to smoke as there is a b...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr WorldtravellerJ

Thank you for posting a review of the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino following your recent stay.

Kind regards