TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Lagos
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great leisure facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Tried the leisure facilities and have to admit they are the best in Victoria Island.
The staff are very friendly and attentive. The slides are great for the kids and the Olympic sized swimming pool is perfect for adults who want to swim away the festive calories.
The food is good, with a Lebanese touch, shawarma and hommous were good, only the sandwich was a little oily but taste was good.The cocktails are heavily priced and quite small in size but didn't grumble as they were made to perfection.
The area is well spaced with a nice little mini golf area is there as well as a trampoline and fitness area for adult who want to exercise.
The only challenge is a membership must be taken out in order to use the facilities. This i find a little frustrating as due to most people's hectic lifestyles in Lagos we cant always utilize such commitments to join such clubs.
Anyway a great experience and i'll be back..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
david_kliegl, General Manager at The Federal Palace Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Stan t
Thank you for your review of the leisure facilities at the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino and your kind words about the Pool Club. The Pool Club enjoys a prime location on the side of the Atlantic and offers a most relaxing environment after a hard day’s work in Lagos. As a resident of the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino, access to the Pool Club is offered complimentary. Access for non-residents is limited by membership.
General Manager Nigeria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Benin City, Nigeria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is my second time here with my family, enjoyed it so much the first time my kids wanted to come back. However this time around they were very disappointed the children's pool was not working which really killed their fun. We complained was told they were working on it, but till we left it didn't work. The breakfast is great but on boxing day (26th December), I don't know what happened I guess they were not ready for the crowd, the staff looked so disorganized and there was no food to eat. The buffet to be specific on Christmas day evening I wanted pasta and cream sauce, when I went there, there was pasta but no sauce, when my wife asked the chef, he said it was finished for the day. When we were paying we complained to the server who immediately went to report the matter to someone behind the bar, and the guy went out to the kitchen or so and within 5minutes or less when we were exiting the restaurant the server came running to us that the sauce was now ready to come back. The service is great, but I guess the management needs to pay more attention and try resolve issues as it happens. Example there is no reason the children's pool should be be closed for days without repairing it, Christmas holidays shouldn't be an excuse such a big hotel should have in-house staff or company to do maintenance. Overall this was a disappointing stay for us.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jude I
Thank you for your review. We were disappointed to read about your unhappiness regarding the baby pool, particularly as we have no record of the non-availability of the baby pool. In addition 26 December is traditionally one of our peak attendance days and consequently the Pool Club receives our full management attention. Perhaps you would like to contact me directly so that we may further investigate your complaint.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The entire staff at the Federal Palace were friendly and accomodating. Very good customer service. It turned out to be a relaxing nice weekend getaway. Will stay here again.

My only complaints are the room service and ironing: food delivery took a while and there are no irons or ironing boards in the room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jenms27
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Federal Palace Hotel & Casino. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. Your comment regarding the provision of an iron and ironing board has been noted. We deem this to this to be a safety risk in an environment where emergency services are limited and severely restricted by the gridlock traffic, which Lagos has become famous for. We do offer an express ironing service and we guarantee your ironing back to you in 30 minutes. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Federal Palace Hotel when next you are visiting Lagos.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The rooms are nice and spacious. The breakfast buffet is well laid out. Specially like the Chinese spread of stir fried noodles.
The only improvement that I would like to see in the room, is the provision of having Iron and Iron board so that business travelers like me can get the clothes ironed out before leaving for the day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Havaki
Thank you for your review after your December stay at the Federal Palace Hotel. We are glad that you found the hotel services and facilities to your liking. As hotel focused on business travellers, we understand the importance of fast reliable internet and have invested heavily in infrastructure and staff to ensure just that. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Federal Palace on your next visit to Lagos.
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

In November 2013 I spent 3 nights at the Federal Palace Hotel. I visit Lagos regularly for work and stayed in two other hotels before. Of the three hotels this is the best. Very pleasant staff, an excellent breakfast, small but very practical rooms, free and fast Wifi, located near my work location (important for me, but not for everybody :-)). I will certainly be back here on my next visits to Lagos

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
david_kliegl, General Manager at The Federal Palace Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Hayaki
Thank you for completing a Tripadvisor review following your recent stay at the Federal Palace Hotel. We were delighted to read your ratings of the hotel and the service, particularly the quality of the breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Federal palace on your next visit to Lagos.
Sandton, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending a week at Federal Palace during the month of October 2013. I only have compliments for both the staff and the management. The rooms are spacious and are beautifully maintained. Excellent free wifi, with great speed and quality. I was able to work from the hotel with no issues. The food, excellent quality and variety, both in room dining as well as the restaurant on property. I often ordered room service and it came quickly, and always with a smile. The hotel environment is very quiet and the personnel very friendly and competent. As a female traveling on her own, I felt 100% safe all the time. The pool area is spectacular, fantastic pools and seating area, as well as the gym which is well equipped. Overall wonderful experience, and I would recommend Federal Palace to everyone traveling to Lagos for business or on holiday.

Room Tip: Sea facing room is my first choice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chene M
Thank you for completing a Tripadvisor review following your recent stay at the Federal Palace Hotel, and for your very complimentary comments.
We are particularly pleased that not only have you found our facilities, food and service at a high level of quality, but you have also enjoyed the feeling of safety and being secure as a female traveller.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Federal Palace on your next visit to Lagos.
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the federal for 5 nights at the end of September 2013 and we have stayed there over the years.
To sum it up.
Room 8/10 facilities 9/10 service 8/10
Overall it was the a wonderful relaxing time we really like the federal, but for a while the food has been very disappointing because of that we have thought of going to another hotel, I retried the food to see if it had improved but it had not. Such a lack of flavour really below average, so I rate it a 4/10. The breakfast is still good, I give it 7/10
So I hope the food improves, because it's a shame to have such lovely facilities and yet you never want to eat there.

Room Tip: If it's a long stay it's nice to have a sea facing room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Caladoc
Please accept my apologies for the disappointing food. We would like to discuss the food issues in more detail, as your review comment was very generic. Please would you be so kind as to email me with the details of the poor meals experienced; david.kliegl@suninternational.com.
General Manager Nigeria

Been to The Federal Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!