TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Review of Welcome Centre Hotels

Save Saved
You added Welcome Centre Hotels to your Saves list
Welcome Centre Hotels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   70 International Airport Road | Ikeja, Lagos PMB 4147, Nigeria   |
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Lagos
Denton, Texas, United States
“I stay here several times a month”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The best thing going for the WCH is the fantastic staff! I'm an American so you can guess right away that I'm a bit of a spoiled traveler.. :-\ But, that aside, I like the WCH because it's an independent, quirky, accommodating, and nice hotel. While it's not "posh" like some of the big international chains, it has some nice amenities like a nice big garden area, tennis court, racquetball court, sand volleyball court, nice outdoor lap pool with a diving board, bar area with table tennis, foosball, a fitness center. So, I enjoy all of the opportunities to unwind from work at this hotel. I always try to be completely honest with trip advisor reviews so: Feedback I've given the management, who have been very receptive, are that the beds are a bit too hard in my opinion, the bathroom fixtures in some rooms are in a bit of a state of disrepair (i.e. light fixtures without covers, bent or slightly mis-functioning sink/shower/tub faucets, or poor wifi signal and reliability), and I would prefer that the swimming pool was kept in a bit better shape as far as water and tile cleanliness. I say that with very high standards for pool cleanliness, though, and am in that pool swimming happily every day that I've stayed at the WCH. I'll continue swimming as long as the state of the pool doesn't deteriorate additionally. So, admitting to having very high hotel standards because I'm used to Hiltons, Intercontinentals, Marriotts, International Sheratons, etc.. , I really like the WCH for it's family run charm, general cleanliness, plenty of diversionary amenities, and fantastic staff. I really can't compliment the staff enough. From Management to the Porters at the door, they're great!

Room Tip: The windows are single pane so the jets departing from Murtallah Airport fly right over during the d...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

WelcomeCentre, Director of Sales at Welcome Centre Hotels, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thanks Daniel B, for your measured feedback. I'm glad you like our hotel and I'm happier still that you have pointed out to us other areas we can further improve on ourselves and give better service to our guests. I will look into replacing any worn out light fittings in the bathrooms promptly. Please can you take myself or any member of our staff on your next visit with you to the pool area, we like your feedback first hand to sprucing up the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Warm reception from staff. Neat environment. Wide variety of food and drinks. Proximity to the Local and International airport. Perfect for travellers. Spacious and has comfy rooms.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for your kind words. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to do our utmost to give the best possible service to our customers.
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Good facilities and friendly staff.
Very close to the international airport and about 10minutes drive to the local airport. Food is wonderful with a lot of varieties. Recreational and outdoor facilities are excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

WelcomeCentre, Director of Sales at Welcome Centre Hotels, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Sir,
With gratitude for your kind words, we look forward to your next visit. We will continue our utmost to improve our services which we hope you will also notice on future visits.
Many thanks
Jeff
Kinshasa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I want to start out by Agreeing with Jerry. The reviews mentioned by the two travellers, in my opinion, are totally false. This is a beautiful hotel and well managed by a very professional and friendly staff. I stayed for three days and totally enjoyed my stay. Air-conditioning works perfectly. There are frequent power cuts but not a minute passes before the generator is activated. The food served in the restaurant is very tasty. The positives which I appreciated :
The pool is very clean and well - maintained.
The restaurant serves complimentary starters and the breakfast is varied and changes every day
Rooms are well-maintained by house keeping and the overall hotel is cleaned beyond perfection
Staff is very helpful.
Location is good close to the airport
Internet speed is good

A few suggestions :
Lighting in the rooms can be increased
Toilet showers would be appreciated
Better hangers in the cupboard
A mini bar in the fridge would be nice

I would highly recommend this hotel to visitors coming to Lagos.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
WelcomeCentre, Director of Sales at Welcome Centre Hotels, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thanks Ramseskinshasa,
For your feedback as we value your patronage and your constructive feedback. We are glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to your return. We will work on the feedback you have given us and we will make changes where possible as we always look for ways to please our guests.
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have been coming to this hotel for over a year and I must disagree with some of the reviewers below. The hotel is located conveniently near the airport(s) and is of good quality. The hotel is a typical business hotel. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families with young children, but that's a persons own opinion.

When I enter I am greeted with a smile, the check-in is done within minutes. The menu offers a taste of the Nigerian kitchen (Peppersoup!) and continental dishes. The portions are exactly right seized and of good quality.
There are several bars, where one could zip a cold one. The upstairs bar (Otto's bar) has a balcony from where one the hectic of Lagos can see. The hotel is used by varioius airlines and companies, so for the single traveler there is always someone to talk to or to meet. The staff are friendly and doing there best to make my stay as comfortable as it can be. There are power outages, but obviously this is not the fault of the hotel... T.I.A (This Is Africa). The hotel has generators; They take time to start up, but one will never be without electricity longer than a minute.

The location of the hotel is somewhat far from downtown Lagos, which doesn't make it ideal when one has business on i.e Victoria Island. The traffic can be quite the challenge in Lagos and could easily lead to hours stuck in traffic.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thanks Jerry M,
For your constructive and timely feedback. We appreciate your patronage and your feedback. Please always let us know, on future visits to our hotel, what ways we can further improve our services and move to 5* review in your perception.
Many thanks
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have to agree with the review from Rosemary Bun. We were based in Lagos together for business and our employer chose the hotel, so we had no choice but to endure the poor service and problems for weeks on end. The response by the Welcome Center Hotel Management shown below Rosemary's review is typical of the type of service we received. Rather than fix the problems, they would give excuses, and none of the complaints were correctly addressed. The internet was terrible, regardless of how much bandwidth is supposedly available. None of Rosemary's complaints are spurious. I truly hope that if we are based in Lagos again, our company will choose a hotel that is more caring towards the guests.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hi T-bone (such a cool review name),
Apologies that you still had issues with the internet on your second visit. I assure you that we not only take your feedback seriously but we also act decisively on it. After reading your second (I must add to my utter dismay) I immediately summoned our ISP down to our hotel, and showed them both of your feedbacks before reading them the riot act. They proceeded to conduct thorough diagnostics work on the hotel radio dish and their HQ transmitters. They then carried out a servicing on the equipment; replacing some boards in the process to optimize the internet signal. In addition, based on your feedback, I am happy to admit we have now upgraded the internet bandwidth up from 3mbps to 5mbps whilst maintaining our back up 2mbps supply in the hotel lobby. Once again, we apologize we let you down, thanks for the feedback....because of your candour we were able to improve our service to the benefit of all our guests. I hope you feel the same way on your next visit and you tell us on tripadvisor how it went.

Been to Welcome Centre Hotels? Share your experiences!