TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

“very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Welcome Centre Hotel

Expedia.com Orbitz.com
Welcome Centre Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   70 International Airport Road | Ikeja, Lagos PMB 4147, Nigeria   |
Ranked #11 of 68 hotels in Lagos
Toronto, Canada
“very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice while on a visit to Lagos from Toronto, Canada. I am highly impress, the security in the hotel was really tight. The restaurant was good and it's buffer. The rooms were quite nice, clean and cozy. The staffs were very nice and make you feel at home. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I have always stayed on the second floor, but i guess higher floors will be better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you need to use the internet for your stay, go somewhere else. The internet in this hotel is painfully slow at best, and usually does not work at all. If you don't need to use the internet and would like to be a short drive from the airport, this hotel will suffice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
WelcomeCentre, Director of Sales at Welcome Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Sorry you had a less than satisfactory internet experience. I apologise and I can assure you that during the period of your stay, we experienced a service down from our ISP. The Hotel's internet operates at a 3mbps/3mbps dedicated bandwidth. It is fully complimentary with the rooms. We also have a back up 2mbps/2mbps running in our lobby. I'm sorry you weren't able to use the lobby back up for whatever reason. And yes I'm responding to this review using the hotel's internet :) I assure you your next visit will be lightening quick. (do see other guest reviews and their appreciation of our hotel's internet speed and robustness)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Staff here was friendly & most welcoming. This was Best hotel I’ve stayed in a while! I travel a bit & this was my 1st trip to Lagos. I LOVED the surroundings & the service my newly wedded husband & myself received while here. My husband tried to take me other places in Lagos but I barely wanted to leave hotel grounds as I was content with the hotel amenities alone. I’d refer anyone to stay here during their visit to Lagos as I plan to return in Oct. 2013. It is centrally close to airport & many other attractions. The grounds are glorious and well kept. I felt comfortable & safe my entire weeks stay. Thank you Mr. Kingsley & the rest of the hotel staff for making my 1st experience in Lagos a pleasant one & allowing our wedding & honey moon stay to be of much ease & pleasure! Mr & Mrs J. Afolabi

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear you had a great stay. All the best in your marriage and we look forward to seeing you again.
Warri, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Location,
The main reason I consider this hotel is the closeness to the domestic or international airports. It is fantastic transferring to any of the airports from the Hotel especially when you do not have time on your side but be prepared for the meandering route to the Hotel from the airports especially at night and high traffic.

Rooms
Until I used the deluxe room after several stays in this hotel, I had concluded that the rooms were musty and too stuffed with furniture that make movement around the room very clumsy.
Having a better quality of stay in this hotel starts with the deluxe room type found to be more spacious and fresh. My review is based on the deluxe room.

Sleep Quality
Beds are comfortable but the noise from activities in the corridors definitely interrupts sleep. The hotel could consider an overlay to the floor finish of the corridors to absolve the noise from movement of trolleys and people during check in/out.

Restaurant
Although the buffet is not very elaborate, the standard is good as they are able to cater for both national and international requirements. The restaurant offers better service than most around the area.

Bathrooms
I love the relaxing high sprout shower irrespective of the room type and floor you are in. The bathrooms have been well maintained over the years. Please keep it up.

Front Staff
They are somewhat helpful.

Please pay attention to the not so dependable internet service which is supposed to be complimentary.

Room Tip: *Try the deluxe room type if you can, for more comfort *Be prepared for the meandering route to th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in close proximity to the airport and has an inviting lobby and access to public computers. Breakfast buffet, if one can call it breakfast, considering it usually has more lunch items on it then breakfast type food and is quite spartan in selection, was included in the room price, but as Nigeria goes, not bad. I would agree with another reviewer that the the room has a strange odor. It seems to eminate from the air conditioning system and is most likely an old or dirty filter. Not so bad that I must leave the room (206), but an annoyance and yes, good luck getting a to e to change it or look into it. They had no record of my reservation even after I produced an email confirmation, so if you have one, take it with you. One of their advertised bars never seemed to be open, and if you like pizza, don't order the one from the hotel restaurant, I did and it was now a mistake, keep to the hamburgers. Hotel staff assistance is hit of miss, it just depends on who you are talking to. In the grand scheme of things, I can think of worse places to stay in the Lagos are and a few better ones, but of course you'll pay for that privilege. This place strikes a bancd between a decently clean room, ok rate and the ability to get a bite to eat if your hungry.

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Right next to the airport but you wouldn't realise this when you get there, this is a really well-run, modern and pretty luxurious hotel. The thing that impressed me most was that the hotel does not over charge so it is very reasonable too. I enjoyed many good swims in the large pool and there is a relaxing garden too. The room I was in was extremely clean and quiet and I ate in the restaurant and bar and both were good. They do a very good 'Champmans' if you want a refreshing drink. Cool place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Severn, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I were in Lagos for 10 days. We did not stay at this hotel but we definitely regretted that we did. During the middle of our stay, my husband and I wanted to check this hotel out to see if we could stay here the next time since the hotel where we were staying was prepaid. The hotel was really nice and when we asked them if we could see some rooms, they were very happy to show us their hotel rooms. The staff member even when beyond and showed us more of the hotel then we asked for. Now that is service. When we got in to the rooms we shocked at how nice and large the rooms were (even the standard room). They also had suites available that were nice as well. For the people who are exercise buffs, they have a nice exercise room and a 9 feet deep pool to use. They also have a nice garden to walk through and a little concert area. It was a great tour and after the manager gave us a small parting gift of a nice calendar. Their customer service is excellent! They also have free wifi and a buffet breakfast included in the price. Please check this out!

Room Tip: Pick a room that is not near the main street that goes to the airport.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Welcome Centre Hotel? Share your experiences!