TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery
Goychay, Azerbaijan
“Just excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I can only say god things about this place. It is a cut above everything in Lagos.

It becomes clear that significant funding has gone towards interior decration and the architecture. The end result is a brilliant ambience in a contemporary setting.

The food is excellent and I was very impressed with the variety. From Tex Mex to Salads to Oriental to Suya, there's something for everyone and the desserts are excellent. I was quite impressed with the waiting staff and both the waiting time and the portions of the meals were adequate.

Though this seems more like a lunch and business meeting restaurant, I think it would also be great for dinner. I look forward to going back the next time I'm in Lagos.

If you want somewhere welcoming, refreshing and safe, then this is where I happily recommend

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
  • Korean first
“Wow...What a disappointment.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I'm still seated at my table writing this review, it's freshly baked. Having heard that the desserts here were stellar, I was looking forward to a good experience. I walked in and was met with the sleek glass design which only further served to raise my hopes. The staff were polite, professional and helpful but bad food is bad food. I ordered some sort of apple pie selection that was meant to be served warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream, I love apple pie so I was eager to taste it. The order comes and it looks good. I bite into it and the apple pie beneath the ice cream was frozen solid! Colder than the ice cream on top. I send it back to the kitchen where they do something to it and bring it back to me. I taste it again and it is now a flash heated apple ice cube. I had to send the dish and all my regard for this establishment back to the kitchen. Life is already hard enough without throwing egregious dessert into the mix. Buyer beware

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
RoyalLagos, General Manager at Chocolat Royal, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Kika1309, Thank you for taking the time to rate our outlet. we regret the unfortunate incident that happened. The incident was reported to management and the kitchen did a mistake - the tart was indeed undercooked. do rest assured that we have taken corrective measures. we hope that you will visit our restaurant another time. Mistakes do happen and we are sorry. Best regards
Dublin, Ireland
“Beware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

i have previously visited their VI shop and did a review on that,particularly irritating the way their staff keep asking for tips.Anyway this time i went to their outlet in the palms shopping mall,Lekki cos i and my husband wanted to take in a movie at the genesis cinema adjacent to it.I asked for a selection of cookies which the sales boy boxed up,i paid and we left.We didnt like the movie playing at the time so we decided to drive down to silverbird galleria and see what was showing.
When we entered the car,i decided to open up my box of cookies and take a nibble;as soon as i opened the box,what did i see?A BIG FAT BLACK FLY!the fly was so fat and sluggish it didnt even bother to fly off!it must have been feeding fat inside chocolat royal and had grown too lazy to fly away!.I hurriedly closed the box and returned to the shop where the lady on seeing the fly,offered to change the cookie for me!I declined and insisted on getting my money back.Afterall what's the guarantee that the rest of the cookies hadn't been contaminated?

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Dear Touristbee2013, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We regret that such an incident happened. Please rest assured that we strive to keep the quality and freshness of our daily fresh products. Having said that, we do live and work in a tropical country and such situations with insects do sometimes happen. We apologize again, and hope you will visit our outlets again - we will be glad to offer you a tour of our kitchens - we probably have the cleanest kitchen compared to all other eateries in Nigeria. Warm regards
Houston, Texas
“Best meal I had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Of course, this was my only meal outside of our camp. But, it came highly recommended and the menu was extensive enough to satisfy everyone. I really enjoyed the food and while it wasn't what I would have gotten at home, it was delicious.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lagos
“Keep them coming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Lovely place, wonderful chocolates, cookies and all. Its a must visit always. My children so so love it too.

Visited September 2013