“I hardly ever write a review...But this was so bad!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Good for: Scenic view
Description: Vegetarian restaurant serving delicious breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Great pastas, curries, stirfries. Beach Dining with a wonderful view of the Maderas volcano. Connect to our wifi with your laptop/tablet/phone while enjoying a great coffee or glass of wine. And don't miss our famous batidos!
“I hardly ever write a review...But this was so bad!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We visited this restaurant as it was vegetarian and had great views. Not a great selection of food on the menu and ever less to offer on the drinks.
I ordered the stew, which looked like dirty washing up water, two tiny rolls which wouldn't look out of place on a long haul flight. The stew was tasteless and I'm not sure how I was expected to eat it with a folk.
My friend had the curry which was better than my dishwater.
Chocolate cake to follow which was small, tasteless and very dry. A lukewarm coffee, which was the worst I'd tasted in a long time.
And to finish it off, we were overcharged. I couldn't even be bothered to argue about it, which is unusual for me, but by this point I needed to get out of there.
Do yourselves a favour give this place a miss!

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Bilzen, Belgium
“Do yourself a favour and eat somewhere else!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stopped here on our way to Ojo de Agua and decided to eat here because of the beachside location. We ordered a banana and a chocolate smoothie, which were both very nice. For lunch I had the hummus and my boyfriend the stew. The food was terrible! The hummus was tasteless and the stew was more of a soup. The homemade bread was not existing and they just cut a bun into little pieces and served that.
I first told the waiter that I didn't like the food (I have never before complained about any food - but this was too bad!), but then the manager came and asked what was wrong. I said the hummus was tasteless and she became rude and asked me how I would make a hummus then?! She then mentioned all the ingredients and said I was the very first customer to complain about the food (read other reviews!). Then I said, ok I understand, but the portion (half a bun) was very small for a lunch and the bread was not homemade. She admitted the bread was different and said that it was no lunch, but an appitizer. Then why is it under the 'lunch and dinner' section of the menu and is it the same price as other lunches?! In the end she was very rude, didn't offer to have some more bread or anything and didn't give a discount. The food was bad, but the service and attitude of the manager even worse!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Broome, Australia
“Average food, below average service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

We can here after a day of riding around to the waterfalls etc in early Jan and we're not impressed. Firstly after standing around for 5 mins we had to ask for a menu for drinks etc, then it took ages to get the drink even though there were 3 staff and only 5 people in the place. The smoothie was average, the chocolate cake was very dry and crumbly and we didn't finish it. Then it took another 5 mins to bring the bill, and another 5 for change (even less people here by now.
A shame given the lack of vegetarian options around and the fact that they are situated in an incredible location on the waterfront

Visited January 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food, great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We thought the breakfast was good, We ate there several days, though we are not vegetarian.

We liked the fruit smoothies,too.

The service was a bit slow but we loved sitting there. It was vacation. I wouldn't describe the staff as friendly but they didn;t speak English and we don't speak Spanish.

We liked it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saskatoon, Canada
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I really wanted to like this place as it is a cute place set overlooking playa Santa Domingo. However I must give it my worst rating ever. There were two young persons as wait staff mostly interested in texting while we waited for a menu. There were only three people there yet they mixed up our orders and forgot the pancakes I asked for. Our coffees sat on the counter for several minutes before being served lukewarm and without the milk we ordered that eventually came cold. Ended up waiting over an hour for very disappointing pancakes. During this time our server seemed to be eating her breakfast. Actually only one was served. Have really never done such a negative review of a restaurant but unfortunately this place deserves it.