“Incredible Trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 98 Activities in Merzouga
More attraction details
Owner description: Desert Tours Morocco is a family company based in our home village of Merzouga, Morocco. We are of Imazighn Kabilat-Ait-ata origin and employ local people to guide you on both short and long routes and alternative road trips, often to areas less travelled by tourists visiting Morocco. We offer routes through the desert and mountains, camel treks through the dunes and 4x4 tours immersing you in the ancient culture of the Berber people and traditions.
Calgary, Canada
“Incredible Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We traveled Marrakesh-Ouarzazate-Merzouga-Zagora-Agadir-Essaouira. Mobarike came recommended to us from a friend and lived up to the claims of being organized, professional, incredibly friendly (and fun), multi-lingual, and being dedicated to ensuring we had a great trip. We had total flexibility to visit both touristy and very isolated places at our own pace. Mobarike's advice throughout the trip was invaluable and make the trip a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Highly recommended!

Visited January 2014

Halifax, Canada
“Morocco Desert Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Desert Tours Morocco efficiently arranged a great 9-day Marrakech-Merzouga-Fez-Marrakech trip specifically for us, including gorge/river valley and desert hikes. We were very pleased with all car/driver, auberge/food, local guide, etc. arrangements. Highly recommended - Mbarek and his company/associates were a real find!

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“A great way to visit the desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

There are a lot of options for visiting Merzouga but I believe this is the best one. You really have the freedom to design your own experience based on what you want to see and how much time you have. Mobarek is really genuine and friendly and accommodating. I came here first with my sister for three days. We didn't have the budget to do a full tour where you get picked up from a different city, so Mobarek gave us information about which bus to take to arrive in Merzouga on our own and picked us up from the bus stop to bring us to the auberge. We had a great experience. When I wanted to return to Merzouga a few months later for a photographic research project I was doing for a class in Rabat, Mobarek was willing to help me with that and took me around to see other things in the area, including the market in Rissani. I was really grateful for his help and glad that he was willing to converse and share his culture with me.

Visited March 2012