“Priceless memories.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chez les Habitants

You added Chez les Habitants to your Saves list
Chez les Habitants
Tiharien About 5km Road Taouz | Ahmed amraoui Erg chebbi, Merzouga 52202, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
Lunch for free
Ranked #40 of 62 Merzouga B&B and Inns
Japan
“Priceless memories.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I had a dream to go to the Sahara desert from my younger years. And at last I made it. Everything was more than expected.

Ahmed listens to what his guests really want to do in the desert and makes a plan.

Breathtaking scenery of the great Erg chebbi dunes, camel ride and trekking to the border town, wonderful nights in the tent in the dunes, sound of wind, silence, stars, sometimes sandstorms...
Every moment was priceless.

But best of all, the days in Chez les Habitants with Ahmed and his family. I can never thank you enough. I'll be back. I always hope you all are happy.

And also thank you very very much to whom I met in Chez les Habitants and tent in the dunes. Wonderful berber people and travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

女一人旅で利用しました。以前宿泊された方の話を聞いてはいたのですが、やはり砂漠で一人は不安でした。しかし本当に居心地が良くて、前日夜入り、Said君とマンツーマンの2泊3日の砂漠ツアー(アルジェリアとの国境付近まで行きました)、翌日追加でホテルに1泊滞在しました。

ラクダ、ベルベルピザ、星空の下のテント...イメージしてた砂漠体験がそのまま現実となりました。メルズーガ発着バスの送迎、熱いシャワー、綺麗な部屋は申し分ありません。でもそれ以上にAhmed氏のホスピタリティに心動かされました!!ホテル滞在の際には家族と一緒に食事をしたので、ベルベル人家族を直に知ることができました。優しくてとても楽しい家族です。

夜に出歩くとメルズーガの街の明かりが煌々としているのが見えますが、このティハリエ村は直ぐ隣村にも関わらず夜は静まり返っています。遥々遠くまで来るのですから、喧騒から離れて是非砂漠を独り占めして下さい!また来ます!

I was organized 2 nights 3 days trekking in the desert and I stayed 2 nights at the hotel. I am a woman traveling alone, so I was a little worry about staying in the desert. But everything was sooooo great!! Camel riding, Berber dishes, sleeping in the tent under the stars.. These are what I expected in advance. Picking me up at the bus stop in Merzouga, hot shower, clean room are nice. But more, I was impressed in Ahmed's hospitality! I ate dishes with his family, so I could feel the natural Berber life. They are very kind, funny and amazing!!
In the night, I saw brilliant light of Merzouga. But at Tiharien here, it's very quiet and dark. Don't be hurry in your trip and feel your slow emotion with them!!

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The guest house was exactly what we needed after a full days worth of travel to get to Merzouga. Ahmed met us at the train station and took us to the guest house to be greeted by his wonderful family and generous much needed meal. The facilities were fantastic and had everything we could possibly want, including internet access. Breakfasts in the morning were also fantastic. It also gave my friends and I to meet other fellow travelers and to hear their stories. If you're going to be in Merzouga, don't pass up the opportunity to stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Castelldefels, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I am grateful for being able to experience the beauty of the Merzouga and the desert during my trip. However as an experienced traveler I know, It would not be the same if I would choose different place and people. Ahmed and his family made this staying so much more memorable and made me feel like a part of their family. The place he created with so much passion, welcomes travelers with the genuine hospitality. I was traveling alone and was amazed how welcoming the whole family was. You know and feel that It's not just a business, it's sharing their life and culture. Rooms are cozy, you have all you need - comfortable bed, big shower with hot water, toilet seat ( not so common in other places ;), and space to hang out. My favorite spots were tents outside, very cozy and great place to hang out and have night long conversations! I used to have a breakfast there and The food ...ohhh!!! its home made, delicious and for sure you will never be hungry :) every day we were eating together with his family and it was a soul feeding experience too! Location is spectacular , you can see Erg Chebbi sand dunes from there and go for a walk there to just lay down on the sand in the night and see magnificent sky.
Whenever you are traveling alone or with the group, Ahmed will organize you the trip of your dreams to the dunes according to your own wish list and will make sure the stay memorable. I was more into meditation and quiet experience then 4x4 adventures on the desert but you can get whatever you came there for. Ahmed is a fantastic guide and flexible to your needs. If you want to experience this area, you must stay in this place. You will never regret and have a time of your life! Thank you one more time for having me, I can not wait to be back soon!

• Stayed March 2014
Tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

It was great experience at Chez les Habitants with Ahmed Amraoui family. I stayed 3 nights with them. The Shower room is large and comfortable. The clean room and sahara tent room are plenty. Their Berber Tajine and Couscuos, Pizza, Breakfast and mint tea were so delicious. Their hospitality is really great!!!

Ahmed Amraoui(He is wearing blue turban and blue clothing.)is very great guy. His father Hassan has clear eyes. His mother Fatima is understanding mom. His grand father is very strong man. His sisters and brothers are very kindly. Anyway, Thank you so much the great experience in Merzouga.

You must book on your schedule with this great B&B and their desert tour!!! :)))

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The people are nice, warm and welcoming. The food is amazing, probably the best breakfast and the best tajin I had in Morocco! Ahmed and his family are wonderfull hosts who make you feel comfortable and at home.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Chez les Habitants was a lovely home after trekking through the desert with Ahmed. Washing away the sand in the clean showers felt great, and afterwards we sat down in a tent filled with cushions to eat some lovely Berber pizza and look at some photos we had made. The tent even had WiFi so some of us could check the results of their examinations.

When Ahmed saw we had a flat tire before leaving, he got in the car with us to bring us to a mechanic who could fix it up for us. When he noticed afterwards that we still had a bit of time left, he even took us to a neighbouring village to watch the beautiful music played by descendants of nomads from Mali. He truly went out of his way to make the stay as pleasurable as possible for us, and his family did the same.

We have already planned to return to Ahmed some day.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Chez les Habitants? Share your experiences!