“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 75 activities in Merzouga
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Cameltrekking Merzouga is a Nomadic family dedicated to organize trips throughout Morocco, formed by a highly trained professional team, native guides with a high level of experience in this area and experts familiar with the customs and culture of their country.
Athens, Greece
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Me and my friends (8 people in total) booked a one night trip to the desert via email. The communication was easy and the responses came really fast. When the day finally arrived to meet in the desert, we were greeted in a small inn and waited there until our trip with the camel. The camel riding, the sandboarding, the overnight stay in the desert camp, it was all amazing (although if you're a frequent snowboarder you'll find sand a bit too dull- still, try it, if only for the experience!). Every detail, from our dinner till the slight postponing of our return trip (because we wanted to try sandboarding again in the morning) was great and we all had the best of times! We will be returning and you really shouldn't miss the opportunity to experience desert like this.

Visited April 2014

Stamford, Connecticut
23 attraction reviews
“What Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We booked an overnight camel safari with Camel Trekking Merzouga for four adults. They were really nice and allowed us to depart earlier than usual so we could see the sunset from Erg Chebbi. Our guide was quiet but very kind. We hiked to the top for sunset and then rode the camels a short distance to our Berber camp. There were 5 other travelers there with several other guides and helpers. We were served tea on our arrival, followed by a Moroccan dinner of tagine, bread, and fresh fruit for desert. The guides played the drums and we all had a great time. There was about a quarter moon that night, but it was enough to see.

This is an experience you won't forget. It isn't posh by any stretch. Toilets are "behind any dune." The Berber tents are warm and comfortable enough for the night. We took pictures of the stars and chatted and generally had a great time.

The trip with this group also includes a room that you can put your gear in while you are on the trek. It also gives you use of the shower facilitie (shared bath style).

It was a fun experience and I'm really glad we decided to go out of our way to do the trek.

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“MERZOUGA TOURS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We are two couple from london ,we just back from our trip in merzouga desert,i recommend so much this village ( Merzouga ) to everyone ,this was undoubtedly the highlight of my tour in merzouga Morocco. CAMELTREKKING MERZOUGA They made us feel welcome, provided a room for us to rest in during the day before our overnight desert trip with camel ride is experience unforgettable. The desert dunes were beautiful and this company is definitely the one to explore them with. I cannot say a ingle bad thing about the whole experience.

Thank you Hassan & aziz and all team ( CAMELTREKKING MERZOUGA ) !

Visited April 2013
Lahore, Pakistan
“africaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! :D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

aziz thank you so much for this beautiful experience. We had such a good time in merzouga when we spend the night in desert & ride the camels thanks also to " BOB my camel " and we are so happy that we booked the trip with you.

Visited March 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Sahara desert - the epic moment in Morocco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Seriously, words just can't describe how stunning of the Sahara desert, which really gave me a marvelous experience in my very first desert journey!

My friend and I stayed in Morocco about six days by the end of January 2013, and we joined the 3D2N Sahara desert camel trekking tour. On the 2nd day of the tour, after hours and hours of travel, we finally got to the "desert zone"! We walked towards the desert direction and saw there are some camels lying down and waiting for us already, this was so mind-blowing me as I was going to get my adventure started! The camels are very calm, cute and not smell at all.....really beautiful animals. My beautiful camel (#2825) stood up after I getting on it that made me feel like on the top of the world, which is really crazy! The whole ride was about 40mins, you can feel the movement of every step the camel walking on the sands, so amazing! The temperature was perfect, not too hot or too cold. What could be better than watching sunset and camel riding with hair blowing in the breeze??? There is no doubt, this is the best place to watch sunset :)

After the camel trekking, we got to walk across the sand dunes to our tent. This definitely not an easy task, especially if you don't really do sport and with each step sinking deep into the sand. The sky gets dark very quickly, the last 20mins walk was almost in the dark, tough but I was so glad I made it through to the tent in the end, my big achievement :) Before dinner, we gathered together drinking Moroccan mint tea (I am in love with this.) and culture sharing in a tent, this is super nice and warm to have a hot cup of mint tea when the desert is pretty chilling at night. I really appreciate the part of sharing stories with others from the tour especially from the tour guides, to understand the living style of Berber people, this experience is so unique!

Of course, watching the starts in the Sahara is one of the wonderful things, the sky is totally dark without light pollution but with the shining uncountable stars only, this is the real starry night!

The next morning, what I meant was very early morning like 5ish. It’s still so dark everywhere, with the big drop of temperature, maybe minus something?! Just Freezing…………! We started hurry packing even we were only half awake; but got to be quick. We got on our lovely camels again for the last part of our journey – watching the sunrise over the sand dunes. The moment is so touching; this is when you see the Sun appears to rise from the horizon in the Sahara where without seeing the ends, just like the infinite possibilities of the new beginning in life, isn’t it? I can’t help but had my tearful eyes opened to witness the most amazing sunrise ever!

The tour took us half of the Morocco trip but definitely worthwhile and I am so glad that we joined this, especially the tour guides are very professional, from the whole organization to providing in-depth knowledge about the Sahara environment. This is all new to us – two Asian girls exploring the completely different culture of North Africa, traveling is always the way of seeing world and also to connect people from all over the world, it’s such an experience I will always treasure and just can’t wait to go back one day! :)

Visited January 2013