“Best experience in Morroco” 5 of 5 stars

Affiliate website
Ranked #3 of 17 Asilah B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Guangzhou, China
“Best experience in Morroco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Asilah was the last top of my trip and I stayed at Christina's house for 2 nights, by the time I arrived there after various experience with Moroccan hotels, I almost did not believe a hotel like this exist. This is a very stylish house with both modern and Moroccan elements. You will not feel like you are in a hotel at all. It's one of those home stay experiences after which you will call your husband and say "hey, we need to redecorate our whole house."

I stayed in a single room with shared bathroom, but the bathroom was beyond my expectation. It was nowhere near the shared bathroom I experienced in my travel history. It's clean, well organized, and I enjoyed my shower as much as I would at home. It has a fully equipped kitchen to make everything you feel like and enjoy your meal in the small garden. The delicious breakfast is set on the second floor's dinning area and the coffee was good!

I was worried about finding the place at the time of booking, but shortly after I confirmed the booking, Christina sent me an email with a well illustrated map showing not only the location of the place but also everything else in Asilah. I didn't even need to take a taxi and just walked to the place without any problem, and for the first time, I walked around in town without my Lonely Planet because the map Christina sent was much better.

Final note: Female solo traveller friendly, English friendly. I paid 150DH for a single room, and it far exceeded what I paid for 150dh or even more elsewhere in Morocco.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I enjoyed staying at Christina's house and thought it was very good value. The ambiance was casual and friendly and I was made to feel very welcome which I particularly enjoyed since I travel by myself. The accommodations are simple but with the Moroccan twist using local materials. The owner is charming and speaks English and Swedish beautifully. She was a good source of information which allowed for a more enjoyable experience in Asilah. The best part of the stay is the roof top terrace where one can have breakfast consisting of local baked goods. The location allows for experiencing a real neighborhood with its shops, markets and cafes. It is a short walk to the medina.

Room Tip: there are 2 floors in the building, the upper floors are brighter but near the common areas. The bot...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed here for a night. The place is homely and the owner is a really nice lady who gave us good advice on where to eat and what to do in Asilah the next day. Bed, breakfast, bathrooms, communication beforehand etc were all good. The only downside might be, that when you arrive for the first time, the location seems a bit weird, hidden away in a tiny passage, but once you settle in, you won't mind.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Fantastic stay again beautiful terrace great hospitality and very helpful only let down which was not the owner but another guest I met suggested a italian restaurant outside of assilah in bruiache which was truly terrible should have listened to christina and stayed local tried garcia great dock 15 brilliant and terrace bistros great also the italian icecream palour which was lush but it was great chilling out at christinas with a glass of wine on the terrace. Room was spotless everything I needed was there see you next year

Room Tip: Try the hamman around the corner great to relax
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Aarhus, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had just arrived in Morocco and this was our first stop. Turned out to be the best place we stayed on our trip. The private room was clean and cozy (towels provided) and Christina, the Swedish landlady, was both easy-going and welcoming throughout our stay. Breakfast is provided and although simple it was satisfying and served with fresh watermelon juice. The roof terrace is the best bit, beautifully decorated (not in the typical kitsch Moroccan style, but with some stylish Scandinavian elements). The only tiny complaint would be the cold showers, but considering it was 28 degrees outside, it didn't matter too much. Not sure what Antonio S is complaining about regarding price, we thought it was really good value for a private room with breakfast. All in all, great little hostel, amazing landlady and roof terrace. If I'm ever back in Asilah I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Marrakesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My daughter and I were recommended Christina's by a friend as we were coming from Tangier to tour Morocco. It is a pleasant drive down from the seaport where we had landed from the ferry. We found it with a lot of assistance from the locals and Christina herself who came out on foot, after 3 phone calls to guide us in. There was a guarded carpark a short walk from the guest house. We had a ground floor room next to a kitchen which was very welcome as we could make a cup if (English) tea when the mood took us. The breakfast was the usual bread and jam with pancakes and honey with lovely coffee and fresh juice.
Christina has made a special effort to equip and decorate the whole house with authentic and beautiful artefacts and decoration. We liked the town although didn't see much of it - since it was dark when we arrived and we set off relatively early.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Montclair, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Christina's House was a welcome break from some of the more crowded hostels throughout Morocco. The bedrooms were extremely comfortable and spacious. The bathrooms were large and had fresh towels daily. The breakfast was fantastic!! It was a full spread of bread, swedish pancakes, jams, fresh fruit, fresh orange juice, and freshly brewed COFFEE. By far one of the best breakfasts I had in Morocco. The location was perfect- a bit tucked away from the noise and business of the main streets, but just a 5 minute walk to the beach. The sea breeze cooled you down a little at night, too. The service was solid, though sometimes Christina was a bit cranky or rude. I would definitely suggest Christina's to anyone who wants a comfortable vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Christina's House? Share your experiences!