“The Hostel and Tiraspol a great combo.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tiraspol Hostel

Tiraspol Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tiraspol
Tiraspol Hostel
You added Tiraspol Hostel to your Saves list
Ul. Poletskogo 4, Ap. 9, Tiraspol, Moldova   |
“The Hostel and Tiraspol a great combo.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I spent one night at the hostel first week of September and I really regret not having more time. Tim is a great host and has attracted a great group of guests. He makes you feel very welcome and does everything he can to make your stay a great time. The location is good, with his directions is easy to find and a reasonable walk from the train station. Pobedi Park is almost across the street and 25 October street is only a little further. There's a shop in the area that can take care of what ever supplies you need from good inexpensive vodka to almost anything else you might need.
You should make your way to Transnistria, very friendly, very safe, and the border crossings are a snap. Then stay at the Tiraspol Hostel. You'll love it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Families
Couples
Business
Chur, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The owner, Tim, picked me up from the railway station with a taxi. We dropped the bags at his hostel, which is in an old partly renovated house on the outskirts of the center of Tiraspol, and then Tim walked me all the way to the center, about a 20min walk through a big park, and showed me around the main sites in town. He's a really nice guy who likes to take good care of his guests. The room was okay, the shared bathrooms good and in just in case Tim left his mobile phone number, where I could call him anytime. He also organized a taxi back to the train station. I enjoyed staying at his place, and in Tiraspol. It's a really safe place by the way, I didn't have any problems, neither in town photographing everywhere nor at the border.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
gent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Forget everything what you have read about Transnistria and Tiraspol. Yust go to Tiraspol and you will see that it is a nice city, where you can swim in the Nistru yust 200 m. away from the statue of Lenin.
It was only because I had already other appointments in Chisinau that I didn't stayed for more them five nights in the Tiraspol Hostel. Timothy (and his wife) are great hosts, Tim showed me - slowly and relaxed, exactly as the life in Tiraspol is in summer - the hole city. And if you wish also Bender.
Tiraspol Hostel is a place where you want to stay for longer time because of the host and the nice people in Tiraspol/Transnistrie. Even at the border I had a nice conversation with the border police that ends with a warm, heartfeld handshake.
Simply check it out in Tims Tiraspol Hostel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I spent two nights at the Tiraspol hostel. Tim was very nice and took the time to show me around the city. Great accommodations and very friendly staff. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012
Prague
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at Timothy's place for one night. He picked me up readily on agreed place and walked me to his home. It is an old soviet-style building, nothing fancy. He gave me precious info about the town. His place is interesting as a sondage to life and homes of the locals, if you're with a fancy girlfriend just book a hotel:-) Come to Tiraspol with a charged cellphone because Tim uses a Moldovan number that is impossible to reach from the local phones (I tried with three various locals after my arrival before my cellphone miraculously woke up for a minute).

• Stayed August 2011
Hamburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

+ Timothy, an American from Nebraska, is a great host. He and his wife Natalia did everything to make me feel comfortable during my stay in Tiraspol. He showed me the whole town for free, offered me as much tea as I wanted, and in the evening I was invited to her family's private home.
+ There is a bus stop almost in front of the house, linking it with the train station and the city centre. As their place is not signposted he picked me up from there.
+ They are in the process of renovating a house to establish the hostel and expect to be ready before the 2011 season. My first impression is that it will become a very cosy place.
- In the meanwhile they put me into their private Soviet-style apartment which was a little tatty: wallpapers coming off everywhere, low water pressure in the bathtub etc. However this is life as the locals do and therefore OK nonetheless, especially given the price.
- They have some pets, so don't book if you are allergic.
+ The breakaway republic of Transnistria is a Soviet theme park, with Lenin statues, hammer and sickle on the coins and other absurdities. Visiting Transnistria seems to be much less of a hassle than it used to be. Taking the train from Chisinau, I was not seriously checked at the border.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Been to Tiraspol Hostel? Share your experiences!