“good view ok food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Corby, United Kingdom
“good view ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

we went here because it was close to our accommodation. food was ok. best stick to fish, seafood and chicken. red meat a bit tough. good price.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Best food, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Quality of the food was the best on this part of the island.

Service is very slow. A lot of food/drink items on the menu not available (maybe because of Ramadan?)

Visited July 2014
“Pretty Good Food, Pretty Bad Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Granted, the time that I visited was Ramadan, in which between the hours of 5:00 and 8:00, many of the restaurants are closed. However, I find the lack of reflective service inexcusable, as when 8:00 rolls over, it's absolute chaos.

It really doesn't matter when you sit down at WaterColours, because you do not receive your food in the order you sit down, but rather by the convenient location of your table. If you table is near a wait staff and they notice you, you'll be served. If not, happy waiting.

Around 7:30 PM, tables begin to gradually fill up, with those outside nearest to the water being those to go first. As 8:00 draws near, tables under the pavilion are the next to go.

In my case, I grabbed a table (the second table taken) under a pavilion of 13 around 7:45. There were a few workers walking around at this time, but no one was taking orders until 8:00. It wasn't until 8:25, when nearly all of the tables around me had already been served their food or had their orders taken, that I approached the receptionist and asked to speak to the manager. Although the manager was not there, I communicated my utter shock that orders were taken completely randomly and without chronological order. The wait staff seemed to have no set area of tables they were responsible for and there was no programatic nor logical way of serving their patrons. I had been sitting idly for 45 minutes and not a soul spoke a word to me, gave me a menu or offered me a drink, all the while other tables around me were randomly served during that time. I completely recognize that they are slammed with about 100 orders all at once (8:00), but it seems like there could be a more common sense approach to waiting on their patrons. I asked whether or not they were noting down which customers were sitting down in which section in order, but that seemed to abstract a concept to grasp.

The woman I spoke with at the reception was very sympathetic, apologetic and tried to expedite my order. However, the reason I chose to eat at WaterColours was due to the number of positive reviews by travelers. After a 45 minute episode of essentially being ignored at my table, in addition to advertised internet being non-existent over multiple days, I have to say that my experience at WaterCoulors was a big disappointment.

That being said, the food is pretty good, if you can tolerate the aloof (but kind and caring) service.

Perhaps WaterColours could write down which tables are sat at in which order. All the tables are clearly numbered. It seems it wouldn't take much to have someone note down who comes in to sit at 7:30, who at 7:45 and who at 8:15. The majority of the staff are not working at this point, but there are still sufficient number of workers walking around at this point to take notice so as to have a logical and common sense order to serving their customers.

Two days later, I returned to the restaurant well after the evening rush. At this point, less than half the tables were occupied. I sat down near the water in order to try to grab their attention, but that didn't work. I again sat unnoticed for 15 minutes while wait staff were attending to other patrons and cleaning up recently vacated tables. After 15 minutes, I realized I could probably end up sitting there for another hour with no one bringing me a menu, so I went and got one myself.

I put an order in for a pizza, but was told that it was now too late to order pizza. To be honest, I wasn't surprised. It seems fitting that would occur at WaterCoulors restaurant. Their wait staff is comprised of very young adults who aren't the best observationalists and have not been trained.

I ordered takeaway for the following day (because many restaurants were planning on being closed due to a holiday) and when I opened the bag, I found there was no silverware. I walked back to request a fork and they told me (after 10 minutes) that they did not have any plastic forks. I asked them for a metal fork so I could eat the food I ordered from them and told them I would bring it back in an hour. They told me that unless I was staying at WaterColours (which I was not) they would not give me a metal fork to eat with. I argued that if I'm going to be buying food from the least they could do would be to give me something to eat it with. I ended up taking one, cleaning it myself and bringing it back to my room to eat with. While there on this day, I met some fellow divers who told me that they had to wait an hour for a simple breakfast of eggs and toast. While I was trying to request permission for a fork, another woman walked up to the kitchen window and said she had been waiting an hour and twenty minutes for her eggs and toast.

To put the cherry on top, for my last night, I sat down at the restaurant at 9:35. I tried to give them a chance to make right what they had consistently made wrong, but again, I was not given a menu after 10 minutes of sitting at a table. I eventually got up, walked behind the counter to look for one myself, and was finally given one by a waiter who noticed me. I put in my order of noodles and vegetables and he was told by the kitchen staff that it was 10:00 PM and the kitchen was closed. It was not 10:00 PM; it was 9:45 and I sat down at 9:35.

I ate at WaterCoulors because their vegetarian food was better than the other places on this beach, but the service is SEVERELY lacking. If you choose to eat here, do yourself a favor. Grab a menu from the reception yourself and chase down a member of the wait staff to tell them where you are sitting and what you want. If you don't, you'll end up hungry and out of options. WaterCoulors is like a necessary evil for vegetarians, where it's hard to rationalize giving money to such an incompetent place, but lures you to do so because they have decent food. If you eat seafood, do yourself (and them) a favor and eat elsewhere, as the lack of service at WaterCoulors does not deserve your business.

WaterCoulors: strongly competing for worst restaurant service in SE Asia.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
copenhagen
“Perfect wiew, beautiful Perhentian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

OK food, good service, smiling waiters. Strong iced coffee.
I ordered chinese food and i didn't really like it, but the lady waitress warned me about the chinese cusine. But the wiew and locatin fullfilled my expectations

Visited July 2014
Melbourne
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We dined here a couple times during our stay and had BBQ fish/seafood, while the kids had pizza. It's an atmospheric place, and I highly recommend it.

The food was fresh, well prepared and tasty. The drinks were also great, and all served by friendly and efficient staff.

Visited June 2014