“Review of Fauna Beach Chalet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fauna Beach Chalet

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Fauna Beach Chalet
You added Fauna Beach Chalet to your Saves list
Pulau Perhentian Besar, Malaysia   |
Kuranda, Australia
“Review of Fauna Beach Chalet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

I rated this accommodation as 'Very Good' because it suited our needs perfectly. It was very basic - most definitely not 5 star. I loved the simple bungalow style right on the beach and the price per night for our family worked out to be about US$20. The restaurant also was good. We particularly liked the Malaysian dishes and they were only about US$3 a meal.

Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

Hımmm.. I rated it as "average" because it is very difficult to review this place because it depends on the person if it is wonderful or terrible:)

Wonderful because: The island itself is a paradise on earth and the beach where Fauna Beach Chalet is, is one of the best beaches of the island. Not great for swimming, because only morning time the sea is high but afternoon impossible to swim as the sea is very low, but the view and the athmosphere is the best on the island. Because there is only 3 other resorts on this beach: Flora which is just next door, Arwana at the one end of the beach, and Everfresh I guess is on the other end. So great privacy, and very calm and quiet, a real island athmosphere. But if you want to party, you want night life, or any kind of attraction, it is absolutely wrong place for you. You should be on the Long Beach. BUt again you can go to any other beach with water taxi whenever you want.

WE especially wanted a place really primitif and really basic, just in the heart of the nature. We asked for a place without swimming pool, without bar etc, because we really wanted to feel that we are really in a tropical island. If you think like us, this is the perfect place for you. So for me, it was the best days of my life and wanted to stay there forever.

I should tell that I am normally a very difficult person who wants everything to be perfectly clean, a little bit crazy about hygiene etc but there I forgot everything and became happy with what I have on the hand! The island made a magical touch to me:) Everything that would drive me crazy in normal life, made me feel in nature there and made me happy, and I said: "hımm, this is the island life:)" This is important, because you should ask yourself if you can change like that or no.

If no, ithis place is terrible for you because: The bungalows are really really very primitif, very basic, some of them don't even have hot water and aircondition, some of them have not even electric plug sockets to charge your batteries etc. The bathroom is terrible, no shower cabin, not even a curtain, so everytime you take a shower, everywhere is wet, etc... Not very clean (because you are literlly on the beach!), not hygenic etc... If you want any kind of luxury, you should directly run away from here! YOu can hate every minute you will pass there! There are much more civilised and luxury places on this island on the other beaches.

But for me, I would prefer to stay there again, after seeing all the other beaches and resorts on the island because of its location and its feeling of primitif, tropical island. So its really up to you to decide is it a paradise or a nightmare for you. I added lots of photo also to help you to decide.

If you decide to stay there, you should absolutely ask for a room in the first row which is directly facing the sea, then it woths to everything. (You can see on my photos.) And try to ask for a room with aircondition: Aircondition is not important to me but these rooms are a little bit higher in standarts: they have hot water, a small fridge and plugs:)

And before finishing I should tell that the Restaurant of Fauna is the best on the beach, everybody from other hotels are coming there, because whatever they make, they make it very tasty and yummy:) But again primitif tables, primitif chairs etc. (see pictures) and a terrible service: you should wait for at least 1 hour when you order a meal but again smile: this is the island life:)

I hope all these info will be helpfull, because before going there I searched desperately any review about this place. And now after coming back, I am happy even while looking to photos and already started to dream about going there again:)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Fauna Beach Chalet? Share your experiences!