“Good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Miri Marriott Resort & Spa

You added Miri Marriott Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Miri Marriott Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Temenggong Datuk Oyong Lawai, Miri 98000, Malaysia   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
“Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've been to Miri many times before for business but this was the first time I stayed at the Marriott here. I usually prefer to stay in the city centre, but since I had an event to attend to nearby, I decided to try it out.

The location is not a strong point for this hotel as there's nothing to see or do near the area and it's a bit far from the city. When I say far, I mean it's not practical to walk to the city from the hotel. By car, the journey probably takes about 10 minutes. So for food and entertainment, I just took a cab to the city.

The strong point for this hotel is the service. Personally, it was a memorable experience because of the staff, who were always friendly, attentive and helpful.

The room I got was not bad. It was on the ground floor and had a balcony where I often relaxed and did some work, as well. The best thing about the room though was the bed. Very comfortable indeed.

Breakfast was OK. For me, the selection of fresh fruit juices stood out. Since there's limited options for meals in the area, I was glad my room booking included breakfast.

The hotel has a free form swimming pool, which looked nice and although I didn't go for a dip this time, I noticed a lot families were having fun there. As for the gym, it looked pretty decent and hotel guests are allowed to work out there for free any time, as it is open 24-hours a day. An option, which I appreciated greatly.

Basically, I enjoyed my stay this time but for future business trips I may opt for a hotel in the city as they offer greater convenience in terms of places to eat and shop.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Good beach hotel located few kilometers from town. There is regular shuttle to the town should one need to do some shopping. However the beach is not accessible due to rock barriers installed to orevent erosion. Breakfast serves local asian and western foods.

• Stayed April 2014
Kuala Belait, Brunei Darussalam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Being a westerner with all our sinful baggage can be quite restrictive living in Brunei so a trip accross the border to Miri is always welcomed.

My family and i have travelled to this resort a number of times and have always enjoyed it. My daughter especially loves the pools.

The service is always top notch. The food is good quality in the restaurant, especially the seafood!

We have stayed in different rooms around the hotel, all have been clean and spacious with good facilities.

We always look forward to staying here!

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

One of the most comfortable bed I've experience for a hotel at this standard. Service is excellent! Pool is often packed during weekends but there's enough room for everyone. The beach sucks big time and BEWARE of SANDFLIES! if you are planning to hangout at pool or beach area, advised to apply some insect repellent.

Food & Drink are overly price (5 Star Hotel), so with the price, you can get better offer elsewhere (that if you can move around miri town). If you want to look for a good deal, do ask for their Marriot membership programme. Its a good deal!

apart from that, thought if you choose to have a room closer to beach - you will have to walk a little bit far. So if you do not like to walk far - remember to request a room closer to parking area.

Room Tip: If you want to go to beach, beware of sandflies! overall all room are nice!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

stayed here after a busy holiday in KL, it was so nice just to sit by the pool or in the pool to cool off, nice and quiet and was no rushing, would definetley stay here again. the rooms are lovely and the staff are fab.

Room Tip: no tip take what there is
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Our older daughter had an unfortunate allergic reaction to the welcome drink. It wasn't something we or the staff would have picked for her to react to.

However from then on the food and beverage staff were fabulous in making sure that there was food safely cooked for her and myself who both have food allergies.

Anthony the chief who was on when we arrived made sure our room was tagged and that all his staff were aware of the allergies. He also went through the menus with me so we could choose safe food for everyone to eat. He checked in with us multiple times to see that everything was ok. The staff were awesome at making sure all food was safe and adapting things that weren't.

The managers also called and made sure our daughter was ok and checked in with us during our stay to check that everything was ok from then on. We can't fault them for the way they handled everything. We were also informed as we were checking out they have now put a sign to inform people of the allergens in the drink it's really good to see they are learning from us allergies can be such a tricky thing.

If you have dietary restrictions I highly suggest you let them know at check in and talk to the food and beverage staff so they can help you sort food out then and there. Much less stress that way as they kitchen are already aware of what is needed.

Room and pool as always were superb, staff are always friendly and helpful

We will be back

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have stayed on three different occasions over the last three months. I love the pool. The beach isn't all that great to look at and full of sandflies. The sandfly bites are annoying. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are decent but not what I would call a 5 star hotel. Food and Drink are very expensive. To avoid the over priced costs of food we eat off site. They have an all right points club with discount pricing. Overall I do enjoy staying there.

Room Tip: Second floor poolside rooms are the best. The garden rooms are a fair way from the pool. The good...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Miri Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!