I've been to Miri many times before for business but this was the first time I stayed at the Marriott here. I usually prefer to stay in the city centre, but since I had an event to attend to nearby, I decided to try it out.
The location is not a strong point for this hotel as there's nothing to see or do near the area and it's a bit far from the city. When I say far, I mean it's not practical to walk to the city from the hotel. By car, the journey probably takes about 10 minutes. So for food and entertainment, I just took a cab to the city.
The strong point for this hotel is the service. Personally, it was a memorable experience because of the staff, who were always friendly, attentive and helpful.
The room I got was not bad. It was on the ground floor and had a balcony where I often relaxed and did some work, as well. The best thing about the room though was the bed. Very comfortable indeed.
Breakfast was OK. For me, the selection of fresh fruit juices stood out. Since there's limited options for meals in the area, I was glad my room booking included breakfast.
The hotel has a free form swimming pool, which looked nice and although I didn't go for a dip this time, I noticed a lot families were having fun there. As for the gym, it looked pretty decent and hotel guests are allowed to work out there for free any time, as it is open 24-hours a day. An option, which I appreciated greatly.
Basically, I enjoyed my stay this time but for future business trips I may opt for a hotel in the city as they offer greater convenience in terms of places to eat and shop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Incredible sunsets, lush tropical gardens and soft breezes from the South China Sea await you at the Miri Marriott Resort & Spa. Award-winning 5-star Sarawak resort and one of the best resorts and hotels in Malaysia. Located near the city centre and airport, our resort features rooms with breathtaking views, broadband Internet (chargeable if not a Marriott Rewards member), luxury bedding and other choice amenities. Our top restaurant offers best international buffet and live entertainment at the lounge while our delicatessen is known for the finest breads and cakes. To relax and rejuvenate, visit our Mandara Spa or enjoy other recreational facilities including the fitness centre, Sarawak's largest free-form pool, and resort activities for all ages. Our 9 meeting venues include a Ballroom accommodating up to 600 guests. When planning a holiday, conference or honeymoon, there's no better choice than our Borneo resort near shopping, nightlife and national parks showcasing Sarawak's natural wonder. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline and Marriott so you can book your Miri Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miri Marriott Resort And Spa
- Miri Marriott Hotel Miri
- Marriott Miri Hotel
- Miri Marriott Resort & Spa Sarawak