“Nice standard hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Miri
Jakarta
“Nice standard hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Drove to Miri from Brunei and stayed a night on the 31st of Dec 2012. A convenient place to stay, as there was a night club right next to it. Hotel was clean, pleasant and very comfortable. No complains except for the food and baverages served at breakfast. It was pretty ordinary, coffee was very very weak. What they called 'mango', 'orange' and 'kiwi' juices tasted like a drop of cordial in a gallon of water.
But for a short stay, i supposed its not a too bad of a place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed there for 4 days and 3 nights with my family. We occupied 2 rooms, checked in on the 29th December 2012, my sister checked out on the 31st December 2012 while myself and my mother extended for another night and checked out on the 1st January 2013. To my disappointment, the receptionist thought that we checked out on the same day as my sister, we already informed them that we wanted to extend 1 room for another night. How can they assumed that we checked out on the 31st when they gave my mother 2 breakfast vouchers until 1st January 2013? One more thing, about parking space. It was really difficult to find a nice parking spot when they only provide limited parking space at the basement. I've wasted a lot of my times to find a space to park my car there. Very disappointing.

• Stayed December 2012
Bandar Seri Begawan, null, Brunei
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Went to Miri for short vacation before heading to Bintulu. Managed to stay for two nights. I love the room as it was spacious, clean & in tip-top condition. But the aircon was too cold (at 30 degree). We don't even use the aircon during those nights. The breakfast also superb (many options, delicious)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuching, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed there for two nights in Dec 2012. Upon checked in, went up to the room number as written on the key card. Couldn't open the door! There was no house phone on each floor, so had to go all the down to reception to enquire. They wrote down the wrong room number! The air conditioner control was too high up for me to change the temperature. On the second day, after a tired day outside, again the door couldn't be opened! Had to go all the way down to reception again. The receptionist informed that I was booked for one night and had to extend another night whereas I had booked for two nights and they had even given me breakfast coupons for two days when they checked me in on the first day. When I pointed this out, the receptionist told me she was not the one checking me in on the first day and passed me to another man who gave me the same excuse and told me to fill out the customer survey form if I was not happy about it. I did so after I checked out the next day. Until today, there was no acknowledgement from the management. I wonder whether the form went into the waste paper basket!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed in Imperial hotel for one night in Dec 2012.

It is pretty secure, given that your need access card to enter your floor and your room and you have security box in your room. So no concern about security.

The room is comfortable, with all the basic things that you need. They also provide free wifi in the room, thus this is good for business traveler. If you don't know the password, just dial hotel operator to ask for it.

One funny thing is that they created fake garden outside the window, with some fake (i think so) plant and room light. This is a bit weird. But it is OK as i am not staying here for the whole day. It is just for sleep.

Only disappointment in the room is the airconditioner. It seems that the thermostat is not working well. Even after I adjust it to 30d it is still blowing out cold air. If you can't take the coldness, you can just shut down the aircon, which is done by one of my friend travelling together. Another disappointment is that there's no hair dryer in the room. You have to bring your own.

Having breakfast in the hotel restaurant downstairs the second day. It is just OK. You can fill your stomach. Note that this is a halah restaurant thus you shouldn't expect any pork products.

Given its cheap day rate, overall it is OK. But if you tell me it is a four star hotel i will be jaw dropping.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The flight was delayed and I was very tired for the long journey. Upon arriving at the airport, my principal is already waiting to send me to the hotel.

I just came to Miri a week before and this is my second trip here in two weeks. I was informed that the hotel I stayed before was full. So they are checking me in Imperial Palace Hotel which is located slightly in the middle of the town.

Arriving at the hotel I was impressed with the spacious lobby. There are a few sofas for you to relax while waiting for the room key to be issued. The restaurant is located next to the lobby as well. If you fancy freshly brewed coffee there is a gourmet cafe just outside the hotel entrance.

The room key is a smart card and they issued two cards for you since my room comes with King size bed. Entering the room, it is nicely furnished with modern furniture. It is not as big as the room booked for me during my previous visit at another hotel but sufficient for a couple with one kid.

There is a flat screen TV with selective satellite channels, a spacious working table (I loved the working table), complimentary mineral water and coffee makin facilities. It is even better when they also provide you with iron and ironing board. If you have valuables with you there is an electronic safe in the closet. For the Muslim you will appreciate the given prayer times for the month as reference together with prayer mat. And there is the bible for reading as well.

I stayed there for four nights and it was a pleasant stay. Breakfast is provided at the coffee house and their selection of international and local food is reasonably good. Those who prefers to eat dinner can use their room service or enjoy their offerings at the coffee house. I did try their seafood chowder and really like it!

Patrons who are health concious can use the in house gym with professional trainer to assist you. They also have a small sauna room separated for men and women together with a jacuzzi pool that is 30 metre long.

Since the hotel is situated in the busier area of Miri, you can find a lot of entertainment outlet within five minutes walking. There is also a supermarket located nearby and a number of local banks as well.

I stayed there for four nights and it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is my second time I stayed at this hotel yesterday (11.11.12). As usual all the thing exceeded my expectation but only one matter. I was arrived at hotel and would like to enquiry about a few thing to one of the staff Janice. She treat me well. But in a sudden, one of the staff, cant recall her name (tall and short haired woman) intefere with my conversation and raised her voice toward me. I was very unpleasent with this kind of attitude. If she had problems previously please dont bring up the problem on your work place and released her angee ro rhe customer. Sorry to bring up this matter because i dont want this matter happen to other customer. Cheers.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Imperial Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!