“Badly” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Miri
Kuching, Malaysia
“Badly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I held my first event here in my department informed my friend. I book my first meeting at the hotel and a little disappointed with the service provided to the layout & environment the meeting room. Only a little boy was given to me to arrange re cent according to our tastes secretariat. I was surprised at the banquet chairs only gave us to carried out the state-level meeting to be attended by 40 heads of departments. I had to ask a more comfortable chair for the department director, as the meeting will be held here for 3 days and 2 nights. I also had to ask casing seats for all other seats because they are too poor seem to stem banqueat seats available. because staff was reluctant to provide casing seat, I had to say that I'm going to install myself if you trouble. A few minutes later the boy continues to bring a large plastic sheath containing the requested seats. after almost 3 hours in arranging our room. Our assumption fumble to relax before the meeting begins tonight at 8pm. Our dibilik aircond too hot. I still remember my room number is C806. after an hour's wait is not too cold and then the technician came in to see what the problem is. I informed the control panel is damaged. he is a good man and very polite. I think he would not work with this terrible hotel.

during the meeting informed us there is the internet. but wifi does not work until the end of the third day of the meeting. accommodation on the second day of the meeting, we were shocked by the loss of value by one of our meetings. item lost during cleaning rooms on the run. Our meetings secretariat met with female supervisors very shameful treatment of us. after the talk, and he informed staff he honest and probably our negligence. we made the decision threatened to Make a police report if he does not solve the problem he with his staff ... A few hours later he had to admit defeat and return the missing valuables .. anything thank you because he was afraid of the police.

The successful completion of our meeting and I do not want to comment in terms of food .. as may be worse if my rating in detail story.

Conclusion, if you want to do do not make your meeting here. very troublesome. (TO THE MANAGEMENT OF THIS, PLEASE TAKE BEFORE YOU INTERVIEW STAFF WORKING AND GIVE TRAINING ENTERTAIMENT GUEST)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brunei
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We checked into this hotel at 2.30 PM. The hotel had great surroundings and a lovely golf course for a relaxed weekend trip. We had booked the Deluxe chalet which is the costliest room in their site.
On entering our room, we found that the entire floor had lizard droppings and the bathroom was full of cobwebs. When I called up the reception, they said that as per their system, the room is clean! Anyway, they came soon to the room and vacuum cleaned the whole place. After that we settled down for a short nap. When we got up after 30 mins, we found the whole carpet floor fully wet. There was a massive leak in the Air Con. Again we called the front desk who promptly despatched a guy to check and they immediately changed our room.
On entering the new room we were faced with the same problem of lizard droppings and cobwebs. By now since we were getting late to go out, we entrusted the job of cleaning the room to the staff and went out. When we came back at 10 PM, the room looked clean. We decided to settle in for the night and removed the bedcovers. We were then shocked to see further lizard droppings on the mattress!!! We tried calling the reception but nobody answered the phones now. Quite frustrated by now, we changed the sheet by ourselves. Once that was done, we tried to put the TV on, but for some reason, the TV never came on. By now, we were too tired and frustrated to make any more complains and so went to sleep. The next day morning the first thing we did was to check out of the room and drive back to Brunei!
Regarding the cleanliness of the room, we were in a group of 3 families and all the 3 chalets had to be cleaned again after we checked in!!! So it was not a one off isolated incident.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

BThe long house we stay at E608 was good but the bathroom od the tap
Basin and the shower head was leaking. We made a complain but the
Maintaince came the next day and they did fix it but the problem still exist.
The management have to upkeep the premises with such a big of 280 acre
And golf club. The food in the cafe i would recommend is the food and the
Smoothies we order was cheap at RM7 and the fried rice cost RM11. Make used
Of the swimming pool, steam bath and enjoy the nature of birds singing. Is 10 mins
From the airport and 15min to MIRI TOWN.

Room Tip: B & A ROOMS are better as it is nearer to the lobby, need improvement on the service. Corner sui...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We booked x2 deluxe rooms for two occasions less thaN a week apart pre and post use of Miri airport. Location of the most expensive accomodation was rather strange?! Next door to nightclub at one end of the deluxe suites and a maintenance depot at the other. We emailed prior to our stay and were allocated the suites farthest away from the potential noise problem, however, we weren't disturbed because I don't think the karaoke was in use Afterall. We were disturbed however by the large lorries driving rapidly backwards and forwards to get to the maintenance shed on an early Saturday morning. What really lets this place down is the low standard of cleaning in rooms and the general lack of ongoing maintenance. Such a pity as this is so easy to correct. The sheets and duvet covers don't get ironed before a bed change and unfortunately i found a large black hair in the bed on looking under the duvet. Just hoping the linen had been changed between guests?! so Eastwood managers - employ a superviser to oversee the standards of cleaning currently being achieved. No matter how reasonable the cost, clean and hygienic standards should be maintained! The bathrooms in both suites were in need of a deeper clean and both handrails were actually a potential serious safety concern. They weren't attached to the walls correctly poor substandard workmanship! My mum had an accident and could have suffered a bad injury after holding onto the rail and it came off the wall.... We reported this, but unfortunately on returning to the same room some five days later, the rail had been shoved back into its original position but again wasn't secure!? Restaurant staff were lovely and food fairly good. High tea good value. Breakfast selection good with fresh omelettes and Asian selection aswell as usual cereals and fruits etc. mx up with collection from airport but reimbursed for taxi payment. Taxi voucher system at Miri airport costs 22 MYR to and from hotel. This hotel could really increase its business if they improve its standards of cleaning because the Miri Marriott is currently their nearest rivals.....i assume they survive because of the business it attracts because of the golfing and function room facilities. Please management team, listen to the comments on trip adviser and improve the housekeeping standards!

Room Tip: Research your room selection carefully.....
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sibu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I had recommended by my friend went to Eastwood on the December 2011 and i gt high expectation due to my friend gt good experience over there. After that i only gt a word to describe my feeling "disappointed"

1st situation: The standard check in time should be 2pm but i went to check in on 3pm something and gt inform by a male receptionist regarding my room still in dirty condition. I don't mind to wait 15-25 minutes but it take times around more than 2 hours to clean the room and all my family member were tired, need a proper rest and take a shower due to short of time for evening event.

2nd situation: Wait more than 2 hours for the lousy housekeeping attendant to clean up the room. I had requested to make up my room but they refuse to pay attention to me with a rude attitude. Should this kind of service i gt entertain seem that i had reserve more than 1 rooms. After long waiting for housekeeping clean the room and i found that they don't proper clean the room just change the bed sheet. Carpet, toilet all in dirty condition , curly hair everywhere and do not have any toilet linens and amenities provided for all rooms and all of us rushing on time. Then, one of my room gt a problem toilet facilities in the bathroom make us cannot bath properly due to shower head was damaged.

3rd Conditions: I had complaint this issue to the receptionist but ignore by them with a excuse wait n wait. While i'm rushing how can i wait and not free upgrade provided? Never provided a standard warming to the guest and isolated by them. A trip really with a bad experience.........

Room Tip: Never choose to stay in lower category of room because of the bad carpet smell and strong smoke insi...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Nice place, unfortunately, the service. God, so bad. We asked them to fix the shower as the shower heater didn't work. They didn't come to fix it or check it eventhough we called them like four times ! Four times calling them, and no one came. What a great service they had. When we checked out, we were hoping that they would apologise AT LEAST. Sadly, nope. They acted like nothing happened.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

The deluxe suites were the most expensive and newest they have...but for the price, we expected at least a clean room. We moved the couch to accommodate an extra bed - the back of the couch and wall was full of cobwebs and dust! Similarly for the bathroom. Spider webs and dead insects on the window ledge. Not a pleasant sight when it's in one's direct line of vision when taking a shower! Otherwise, the resort is a nice place to stay, away from the bustle of the city, and waking up to birds chirping in the trees. Took note of a fellow reviewer's comment of noise. We had to take one of the rooms near the karaoke/KTV as other rooms were full for the year-end holidays. Bring your ear-plugs! Or plug in earphones to your own soothing music on your MP3s/ipods to block out the loud music that goes on well after midnight!

Room Tip: Avoid deluxe rooms from 701 to 709 - the closest block to the KTV.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Eastwood Valley Golf & Country Club? Share your experiences!