Interesting varied dives, friendly dive staff, lots of experienced International divers to meet. Accommodation was lovely and comfortable, large individual bures with balcony overlooking ocean and close to restaurant. Food was mostly buffet style and eating times were flexible. Very relaxing restaurant area for predinner drinks. We were lucky to see turtles hatching and released by the rangers. Would recommend to other divers and families, a great place to relax and get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel like tiny island in the Sulu Sea, an hour and a half boat rides north of Sandakan; Lankayan has been declared part of an immense Marine Protected Area to adopt the eco-tourism concept. Unpopulated and covered by thick tropical island vegetation on its topside, this peaceful, untouched little bit of paradise is ringed by an endless pure of white sandy beach, offering simply elegant and exquisite accommodation. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lankayan Island Dive Hotel Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Resort Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia