Spent the day hiking to the Sepilok Jungle Resort and went for dinner at 6:30. The place was less than 1/4 full and we were the first people in (group of16). After all the tables had eaten and were leaving, our table of 8 still did not have food. When asked, all we got were blank stares. Obviously they lost the order. At 8:00 we finally got food. The manager, when asked, said they were 'busy' and couldn't handle the load. If your place is less than1/4 full and you can't handle it, it might be time to do something else. Especially when you know how many rooms are booked and EXACTLY how many people will be coming. With more and more choices here, I would say to go elsewhere - period! After all that, the food was mediocre at best.
- Also Known As:
- Sepilok Jungle Hotel Sandakan
- Sepilok Jungle Hotel
- Sepilok Jungle Sandakan
- Sepilok Jungle Resort Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5 minutes walk to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, Sepilok Jungle Resort offers comfortable lodging for visitors around the world to get close but un-intrusive glimpse of this nature paradise. It is enclosed within a tropical virgin Borneo Rainforest in Sandakan, Sabah (Borneo), Malaysia. Let its beautiful landscaped gardens and wide expanse of lush jungle transport you back in time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Sepilok Jungle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.