I wouldn’t call it a resort, the accomodation is rather basic. The room was clean but bathroom was so and so.
The breakfast was good: toast, jam, eggs, fruits,…
The staff at the reception was helpful!
There was a lot of other staff around but most of them were just hanging out... not too busy! ;-)
The "resort" is in a beautiful setting and it really takes just a five minutes walk from the Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, if you are interested.
We arrived late at night and only stayed one night so perhaps the resort has more to offer but we didn't find out.
- Also Known As:
- Sepilok Jungle Hotel Sandakan
- Sepilok Jungle Hotel
- Sepilok Jungle Sandakan
- Sepilok Jungle Resort Sandakan, Sabah, Malaysia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5 minutes walk to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, Sepilok Jungle Resort offers comfortable lodging for visitors around the world to get close but un-intrusive glimpse of this nature paradise. It is enclosed within a tropical virgin Borneo Rainforest in Sandakan, Sabah (Borneo), Malaysia. Let its beautiful landscaped gardens and wide expanse of lush jungle transport you back in time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Sepilok Jungle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.