Do not hesitate to stay at Kapalai. Being here was how I imagine heaven to be like. It was wonderful and far and beyond our expectations. The resort is beautiful and well maintained and very luxurious. The bungalows are comfortable, romantic, well decorated and private. There is not much by way of entertainment so definitely recommended for rest and relaxation. The water is shallow and clear. Water sport facilities are excellent. The dining room is well maintained and catered. Food is not exactly gourmet but is well cooked, fresh and tasty with plenty of variety. The staff were wonderful and hardly let us lift a finger. It would be perfect for a destination wedding or honeymoon. Cannot wait to return to Kapalai!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few minutes by boat from the islands of Sipadan and Mabul but a full world away from it lays the exhilarating Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Resort, sitting on its sturdy stilts on the shallow sandbanks of Ligitan Reefs. Planned and built in full style as an airy, comfortable, sunny water village with no land in sight, it boasts a mile-long sandbank of powdery white sand where one can suntan at complete leisure while gazing out to the miles of brilliant turquoise stretching into the horizon offering the purest image of natural serenity. Dive spots, Sipadan and Mabul can be reached in just a few minutes by speedboat. Sipadan-Kapalai is an ideal destination for diver and non-diver alike seeking a great holiday experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sipadan-Kapalai Dive Hotel Pulau Sipadan
- Sipadan Kapalai Island Hotel
- Hotel Sipadan Kapalai Island