We have just returned from a holiday to celebrate my 60th birthday. This included 10 days at Bagus Place Retreat. This resort is wonderful! It is hard to describe the mood it invokes, you really have to be there. We had arranged to meet our son & daughter-in-law, who live & work in Shanghai, both in pretty stressful jobs. At the end of their week at Bagus they didn't want to leave - ever! I must mention the staff, especially Anish & Krishna, (hope I've spelt their names correctly), who manage this paradise. They never failed to do all they could for their guests, working, what seemed like 24 hours per day. We stayed in Rock House - wonderful and built partially over the beach. No complaints and a view to die for. Food was great and with seemingly inexhaustible amounts available (unfortunately for our waistlines!) The snorkelling was top class - turtles, sharks, the lot. Walk (& ride back by boat) to/from the waterfall via a beautiful Malaysian village highly recommended as is an additional boat trip to snorkel around Ringis island. We even attempted the 'Twin-Peaks' trail & made it to (nearly) Check Point 6. That was quite an experience - 2 hours in virgin rain forest. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Bagus is a rare thing, a discrete, eco-aware, uncrowded, (there were never more that 16 guests), unspoilt and unbelievably beautiful place. I started by calling it a retreat. It's not! It is, or at least quickly becomes, a way of life. I must finally mention Claire - the person you contact re: booking etc. We have only ever communicated by e-mail but ...I think I'm in love!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bagus Place Retreat is nestled quietly on one of the most beautiful islands in the world called Tioman.A peaceful sanctuary of breathtaking natural beauty we invite you to rejuvenate body and mind and be enchanted by the sights and sounds of nature. Our guests will find luscious and unspoiled paradise. Clear waters and lush jungles provide plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities such as jungle trekking, snorkeling, kayaking and diving, and beach ball games. Outdoor activities not your thing? Pick up a book from our library try out our sun-loungers on the long secluded beach. Our activities are child friendly so your little ones will be occupied at all times. Our long wooden jetty provides for exciting walks and a fascinating look at coral fish and turtles. Snorkellers will be rewarded with views of the living tropics reefs of Tioman Island. Bagus Place aim to work in harmony with the environment and local community, offering a unique holiday experience to our guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Bagus Place Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bagus Place Retreat Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Bagus Place Retreat Pulau Tioman