“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Pulau Tioman
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Good: near to beach, there are restaurants n shops nearby, nice landscape.
Cons: lots of mosquitoes, dated n tired, dirty at the pond, behind the hotel and beach, no wifi in the room, slow wifi at the lobby n restaurant.
Breakfast is just normal, should include eggs,sausage as the standard breakfast.
Staffs are friendly.
The resort needs some upgrades n renovations.
Compare to Thailand, Malaysia hotelier still far behind.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed 2 nights at Paya Beach in the superior chalets. Price was decent, RM220+ for a quad room with breakfast. Our room (801) was facing a dirty pond and 2 steps away from the pool. Behind our room was a swamp (hence the name Paya?) Quite a lot of mosquitos, so bring some repellent.
Reception is friendly, check in was swift. The door alarm to our room was beeping non stop when we reached our room and the maintenance guy came almost immediately to fix it. But his attitude.. hmm.. how should I put it, stop treating guests as children? Manners could do some good here.
Anyhow, we were overall satisfied. Breakfast is plain, nothing to shout about. There's no need to take the full board package as food is readily available and cheap there.
No wifi though, in a way it's good with no technology for a few days.

Will definitely come back in future.

Room Tip: The beachfront chalets are good.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
PayaBeachResort, General Manager at Paya Beach Spa and Dive Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Erein_Nic,

Greetings from Paya Beach Spa and Dive Resort, Tioman Island,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the overall services of our resort.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Been there for 2 night and it was best place to stay. i truly enjoy my short stay at the resort and had a great time.Thanks a lot to all staff especially GM Mr Zuresh ,Lily, Norlia and Kima for excellent service.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Paya Beach Spa and Dive Resort, Tioman Island,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was a fun experience with me and my friends, My room was 19A , it's a standard chalet. Everything was great, Cleanliness was above average & the service i received from the staff is awesome. I would recommend my friends and families to visit "PAYA beach spa and dive resort" for their getaway at TIOMAN.

Dear Kenson_Leocadio,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Upon checking in I was greeted by a very rude indian women. She not even explain any info regarding the room or any other things that related to us. I did try to ask her about the room types but she rather be a HITLER than being a good listener to the resort guest. Highly dissapointed with the service of receptionist.
She not even smile or say thankyou to the guest. Other staff are very friendly and helpful but I think only her got mentally ill problem, Im sorry to say that. Rooms are very satisfactory. Thank you for the service given here. I wish that you can improve your services.

Room Tip: Deluxe Chalet Beach Front
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
PayaBeachResort, General Manager at Paya Beach Spa and Dive Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Nor I

Greetings from Paya Beach Spa and Dive Resort, Tioman Island

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. As a resort operator we are thankful and value to guest who stay with us.

Never less the resort has a zero tolerance to for its staff to abused vice versa whether in public or in any social media.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm sorry to write this bad review but I would like to share with other travellers about my experience.
My paid package is on standard room but I upgrade by paying rm82/night for a superior beach front. We are only on a couple trip why would we need two queen size beds in the room? No bath towels have to request for 3 times. No fridge, no hair dryer. It's quite alright but my ultimate disappointment is the "included free breakfast" yes indeed the trays are free of food! Chicken curry left gravy. Only left fried bee hoon, sausages, bread and coffee. My partner and I decided to skip the free breakfast and went to get our food at the stalls nearby. It was only 840am that morning. Breakfast time is till 10am. Mattress spring left a "deep sinking in the middle" even without anyone lying on it. I would not imagine gg back in the near future.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Singapore River, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed in this resort between 11-13 April . Generally the rooms were clean but bedsheets were stained and not cleaned well. I was staying in room 114 and there were 5 of us in a room but the reception staff refused to give us one extra key stating it was hotel policy. I feel this could be improved as there were 5 people sharing a room. Toilets were generally okay but could see that housekeeping were not cleaning stains well. We took a full board package and had most of our meals there , food was generally okay . Things i loved were the beaches ane the road side food outside the hotel. I hope certain things would be improved would like to go back.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear hellosia,

Greetings from Paya Beach Spa and Dive Resort, Tioman Island

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. Your feedback on certain department on improvements and suggestions have been forwarded to the department head concern for rectification.

We will be honored to host you on your next visit again. I am reachable through my email zuresh@payabeach.com.

Zuresh Singh

Been to Paya Beach Spa and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!