“Quiet, on the beach and only place with free wifi.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ella's Place

Ella's Place
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pulau Tioman
Ella's Place
You added Ella's Place to your Saves list
Salang Beach, Pulau Tioman, Malaysia   |
Toronto
“Quiet, on the beach and only place with free wifi.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Ella's Chalet, an 8 minute walk left of the jetty is set along the cement partway at the quiet end of the beach. Its the second last group of chalets and easy to find.

The cabins, at RM60 per night which each have a porch, are basic, clean, mosquito net, fan and toilet paper, my shower head was only a truckle but I'm now used to a bucket and pail It's not the cheapest around but the only place with free wifi anywhere in Salang. Every where else you must pay, even if you are a guest or customer, which is very strange to me these days. Mind you, wifi is not reliable anywhere and sometimes off for a couple of days.
As a matter of principle I refused another place at RM50 and 40 because they would charge for their wifi. I'm sure when the owner travels he enjoys free wifi.

Ella's also offers breakfast. It's a simple menu but its the cheapest in town. The couple who run the place are local, very cool, relaxed and helpful. The outdoor kitchen could use a fresh coat of paint.

I stayed here 5 days while completing my PADI Open Water Scuba Diving Certification at DiveAsia which you will pass on the way to Ella's. I recommend Ella's.

• Stayed September 2013

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Our room was very clean, near the beach and cheap at 70 ringit a night. Unfortunately we had to move as they had no AC rooms left and it was too hot with just a fan, people who owned it were friendly and helpful

• Stayed July 2013
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The best place I found on Salang beach & I checked a lot of places - most places were absolutely filthy! Ella's place was simple, but very clean. We had a chalet with a mosquito net, dressing table & attached bathroom (cold shower). We had a view of the ocean from our balcony, although the beach on Tioman is not nice, it's definitely all about the diving here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ella's Place? Share your experiences!