Idyllic resort on Tioman Island, beautiful surrounds, private beachside resort, beautifully kept and maintained gardens, crisp clean pool in which there was plenty of lounge chairs and a well stocked pool bar (which was VERY unusual for Malaysia).
The Long Green Mile: noun: Long Bitumen drive which runs the length of Berjaya Resort. Accommodation/ beach on one side, gorgeous gardens and golf course on the other. (As nicknamed by myself and friends I travelled with). It was a VERY long walk up to the security gates and the heat radiating from bitumen at the most doubled the temperature. Would have been fantastic if Golf Buggy shuttles up and down the long green mile were provided.
I had a Standard chalet (out the back at the end of the long green mile)... Clean, fresh sheets and towels each day, large well appointed room, shower and bath, maybe a little tired furniture wise but definitely comfortable and well maintained. Nicely private too. My friends had Superior Rooms nearer the pool area, rooms were same as mine but newer fittings and furniture, same tho very nicely decorated, although they were situated in a more densely populated area of the resort which made it a little less private and more people noise.
We stayed 4 nights which was absolutely plenty as there is not a lot to do at the resort. I did enjoy the evening entertainment at the Beach Bar. We also rented scooters from the security gates (hence us walking the green mile 2+ time a day), they proved a great investment in getting around and seeing a little more of the island. In saying that, there is only one road into Teket Township, airport and to other end of bay (which stops at a stairway path 10min walk to another bay which is worth visiting), and we braved the only other mountainous roadway to other side of island - this road is NOT for the weak hearted so, be aware. Locals were amazed and in awe of the fact that myself as a single female rider made the trip there and back on my own scooter.
We bused from KL to Mersing (5.5hrs), and ferried to Teket (2hrs)... Hustle and bustle since we were just following our noses and the language barrier proved a little daunting at times, it was a very rewarding way to see a lot of Malaysia and their jungles. We were going return via this route but decided the 1hr plane trip back to KL was a far more sensible option... Well, that was til we saw the plane and having 2people in our group who don't like to fly took a little convincing. Don't let the propeller DHC-7 planes put you off flying to Tioman... A little noisy, but efficient planes built for this perfect location and short runway.
A brilliant destination a Great short break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tioman is an island befitting the stars. Whether you seek relaxation or adrenaline, we’ve got you covered. With miles of secluded palm-fringed beaches, clear turquoise waters, abundant marine life, misty mountains and lush greenery, savour each moment as you indulge in one of the world’s most beautiful islands where ‘Bali Hai’ was filmed in the Hollywood classic ‘South Pacific’, in addition to the recent Hong Kong TV Series ‘The Ultimate Goal’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Agoda, AsiaRooms, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Hotel
- Tioman Hotel