Stayed from 18 til 21 November 2012. Flew in from Singapore via Berjaya Air on a propeller plane. Old plane with cracks in between windows, but obviously made it safely. Return flight was a much better plane.
It is now the monsoon season, this is my third time in Tioman and all stays have been at the Berjaya over the years, twice in November, once in February, all during the monsoon season. This trip, rain fell in the middle of the night and the days were totally dry and scorching. No signs of any monsoon during the day.It was hardly gloomy. Same as my previous trips, rain hardly fell during the day, monsoon or not.
Previous 2 stays have been uneventful. Like the resort because it is sprawled out and you get some amount of privacy, not congested, especially during the monsoon season. Check in was fast, we were brought to our superior chalet in a buggy. Room was a comfortable size, we had the downstairs ( the superior comes in 2 levels, you get either upstairs or down). The aircon broke down on the last night, but we did not bother to call for service until check out as the weather was cooling and did not need the air con. We tried room service, food was brought within 20 minutes and it was nice. First night had the semi buffet at Sri Nelayan, food is okay. 2nd night at Coriander Seeds restaurant,which is Thai and Indian. Food and ambience is good here, as per other reviews. Very romantic too. They are closed on Tuesdays.
We did not use other facilities to comment. What disappointed us on the last day was during check out. We were told to be at the lobby at 9:30am to take a shuttle to the airport to catch the 11:20 am flight out. We called reception at 9:00 to arrange a buggy to help us with our luggage at 9:15am. They agreed, no issues. At 9:20am, no one shows up. We called reception again, they said would send someone down again. Still no show. At 9:30 we called reception again and asked if they could get the airport shuttle to wait for us as we were still waiting for them to get our luggage. This time, the receptionist told us that the shuttle already left! I told her that we had been waiting for them as agreed earlier on, and she repeated the shuttle left at 9:00 am. I repeated that we were told to be at the lobby by 9:30am and she just hung up rudely without saying anything else. No more confidence, we dragged 3 luggages, 3 knapsacks and our 6 year old to the lobby. By now, quite mad, we did the check out thing and told the receptionist the buggy never showed up and hoped they could arrange our airport transfer. The receptionist then said that there would be another shuttle about 10:00am to the airport. Well, she should have told us over the phone when we called earlier and not just hang up, then We would not get so panicky about missing our flight! Out of my 3 stays at this hotel, this experience was the worse, no assurance was given, and the lack of communication is disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tioman is an island befitting the stars. Whether you seek relaxation or adrenaline, we’ve got you covered. With miles of secluded palm-fringed beaches, clear turquoise waters, abundant marine life, misty mountains and lush greenery, savour each moment as you indulge in one of the world’s most beautiful islands where ‘Bali Hai’ was filmed in the Hollywood classic ‘South Pacific’, in addition to the recent Hong Kong TV Series ‘The Ultimate Goal’. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, AsiaRooms, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia Hotel Pulau Tioman
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Resort
- Berjaya Tioman Beach Hotel
- Tioman Hotel