“Please don't go there!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Corus Paradise Resort

Save Saved
You added Corus Paradise Resort to your Saves list
Corus Paradise Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3.5km, Jalan Pantai, Port Dickson 71000, Malaysia (Formerly Paradise Lagoon)   |
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Port Dickson
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Please don't go there!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Please do not be fooled by the pictures and descriptions shown in their website! It's indeed a horrible hotel. I don't think Corus Paradise deserved any star in their rating. What a waste with the strategic location and rooms with sea view.

The customer service was very bad, staff were putting on their sour face. The only smile we could see were on the badges the staff were wearing, stating SMILE. Facilities wise, internet access is chargeable at RM9 per hour ! TV and Fridge in the room were old. Air-cond (split unit type) made a lot of noise and we needed to wait for more than 5 minutes to get the hot water shower. Some of the light bulbs were burnt in their function rooms, sound system was not provided. Every time there was a request, the maintenance/ banquet staff would ask us to call someone else. The overall maintenance of the whole resort was very poor.

Cleanliness wise... Hmmmmm, besides "Oh My God", I did not know what should be the exact words to describe. The carpet in the lift was so smelly, and I gotta hold my breathe every time I used the lift. Towels, smelly with stains. Bathroom and toilet, I thought I was using a public toilet. Perhaps I should say the whole resort was having bad smell, right from the swimming pool to the rooms, function rooms and cafeteria.

Room Tip: Please don't waste your money staying there!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

1.Check in should be at 2.00 pm but i can get to my room by 3.00 pm and my room and bedroom was still with dust and dirt after i check in
2. No towel in my room,by 6.30 get a towel
3.small room 2 x queen bed,bad maintenance...aircond problem..small bath room(no bath tub) and you should paid 289nett for all this
4. Housekeeping staff come to my room at 12.15 day after and asked what time should i check out?rude....i said 12.00pm..you dont ever care about your late service and check in and force us to leave the room at 12.15 pm day after..
5.Breakfast..dont call it a hotel breakfast..worst than MAMAK nasi lemak
6.swimming pool and beach??hehehe...come here and find out..

i think most people come here for company family day and sponsored trip..gov function and seminar..if not,they will not come..at this rate,u can find more better hotel/resort in pd..1st and last...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We choose this hotel because we had such a great experience staying in the Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur, which we find later that we definitely make a terrible choice.

We called to inform that our room has no latches, and were inform that it will be fixed shortly. Shortly never came, so we checkout the next day although we have planned to stay here for two nite. No menu in the room although there have a room service.Ordered a room service but we were given the old menu provide by the staff, if it can be called one. The food service people who take order said we have the have the wrong menu, which were supplied by their staff. While we were having breakfast, a raven were having a breakfast as well, eating from a guest table.

It was definitely a mistake to stay here..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Putrajaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Corus paradise resort looks great from outside but once you get to the lobby and nearer to the reception you'll feel as if you are at a one star hotel. The decoration sucks. The front desk unkemp. The receptionist not so friendly. Luckily the scenery from the lobby looking out to the lagoon is superb. If they do a makeover of the front desk and the attire of the receptionist, I'm sure many guests would make a point to come back. Worst the room, looked a bit rundown. The resort has a big swimming pool but the water looks dirty. The activities on the beach somehow makeup for what's lacking in term of looks. We enjoyed our banana boat ride, the rubber boat ride (like riding a roller coaster, there's also canoeing and they said there's also parasailing though we didn't see any.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is the worst hotel we ever checked in and we checked out after 5 hours !
We booked Junior Suite at rate RM387++(RM449 nett) thru hotel website for 1 night on 8 Dec 2012 (All other hotels was fully booked, this is the only choice for us).
The room is located at 2nd floor and we have to pass thru the kitchen area before entering the room. Open Dining area was full of flies and unclean. Not all the lights along the walk way toward our room is functioning, it look dark and unsecure (My feeling was fear and uncomfortable) Renovation works is carrying out by end of the corridor and that area is dark. If you wish to experience the scene like GHOST MOVIE, you can try to book JUNIOR ROOM.
The room is not SEA VIEW room ! (They mentioned SEA VIEW in WEBSITE) , we only can see COCONUT TREE thru the window. Curtain must be closed all the while . The room is funished with Old furniture, one of the sofa with no cover and stained. Water come out under the basin when somebody use and the floor become wet like flood. This hotel provide "GREY" tower instead of white tower (Tower turned 'grey' after long time usage) After come back from dinner, we even unable to get a place to park our car ! We decided to check out on the spot !

There are too much DISAPPOINTMENT , complaint does not make any changes ! Sorry to say, we feel release and happy after checking out from "HELL" !!!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Me and my friends had a weekend getaway a couple of months back. We had a reasonable discounted rate for 2 days and one night. As expected the services and the amenities are just as good as the rate. Couldnt ask for much. If youre looking for something worth your getaway holidays maybe you ought to consider a lot of other options s well. But what got me interested to make a quick review here is their asian cuisine. certainly one of the lookout when you are in port dickson. Regardless for a quick stopover at the hotel or a getaway, their coffee house is a must drop-by for food lovers. A must!

• Stayed October 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Last 2 week I and my family came to Corus Paradise Resort to stay. I already done the payment at Kuala Lumpur Office but the front desk said no money can't check in without check at the computer or Kuala Lumpur Office. She speak vulgar words to my wife and very rude. I don't her name but I only know she is Black Indian Girl very rude and I very disappointed with the girl. I think the management never give proper training. I and my family will never go back to Corus Paradise Resort again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Corus Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!