“Awesome Surrounding, Terrible Room.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Corus Paradise Resort

You added Corus Paradise Resort to your Saves list
Corus Paradise Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3.5km, Jalan Pantai, Port Dickson 71000, Malaysia (Formerly Paradise Lagoon)   |
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Port Dickson
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Awesome Surrounding, Terrible Room.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Good :

Beautiful Decoration on Hotels.
Nice View for sea lovers.
Friendly staff - quick services.
Delicious food.

Bad :

Old fashion Room ( Not equal as their 4 star hotel standard )
The Bathroom is dirty.
The Aircond is leaking.
The TV is too old and channel not clear.
the floor is wet.
New Towel contain stains.

Overal 2/5 :

I really love the hotel surrounding , the staff, the food. But please do something on you room. What a shame 4 star hotel with 2 star standard. Please do something.

I will return again if they can change their room and improve their services.

Room Tip: Jelebu room is quite nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The management should research what a paradise resort means. What they are doing is worse than the pits!!! We arrived at 5.00pm for check-in & had 4 room changes!! So we hardly slept for the night.

The first room we were given had a broken & soiled toilet seat. We sent for the manager & housekeeping staff to assess & they agreed they would not accept the condition. The bedsheets were soiled & stained & when the housekeeping staff rang the housekeeping supervisor, she was told not to disturb as the supervisor was sleeping. After 20 minutes, we were given another room. We checked everything & found that the water in the hand basin did not drain. We picked up the phone to ring & found that the phone was so ancient, we could not detect the instructions & numbers on the phone. After sometime, we were moved to the 3rd room - everything seemed alright & we accepted it.

We then went downstairs for the dinner buffet & were excited with the food array. We were seated in the dining room with poor air conditioning. This was about 7.00 pm & there were so many flies swarming around that we had to cover our glasses of water with serviettes. Food displayed at the buffet were also smothered with flies. Thus we avoided the cooked & uncovered foods & instead opted for hot, cooked foods, eg satay. However, this ran out very quickly & none of the other foods were replenished. That was 45 ringgit per head for eating nothing!!

By 10.00pm, we retired to our room No. 3 for a good night's sleep. At about midnight, I woke up to find that my feet and the bottom of the bed were wet. Water was dripping from the ceiling & the mattress was soaked. Another call to reception for a room change..................that was not until 1.30am!!! By then, this is room 4 for 1 night stay.

Breakfast the next morning was another saga.............more flies, cold food, food not replenished.

This is a joke.............calling this a paradise resort when the condition of the dismal, old, dirty rooms are similar to prison cells. They should be ashamed charging 180 ringgit per night. 5 years ago, we stayed at the Corus Kuala Lumpur & we experienced the same filthy, aged & dated conditions. It seems the management of the Corus chain have not learnt - they deserve to be made redundant. Sell the chain to someone else who can manage & operate hotels better. Brush up or move out!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I was stayed in the hotel for a night on 4th August 2012.At first,I was impressed by the deluxe view when I was at the lobby to check-in.However,I just felt disappointed right after I entered the room.The room is very spacious with two queen size bed,but I think I've never stayed in any hotel which was without floor carpet in the room.Moreover,the furnitures inside all looked old and the design is outdated.The cushion of the chair was stained.Then,the temperature of the hot water in the bathroom is just same like cold water.So I was forced to take a "chilling" bath during midnight.
Anyway,the most horrible things only happened on the next morning.As mentioned by the receptionist earlier,breakfast was included and opened until 10.30a.m.When the time I reached the coffee house was only 8a.m plus but the food seems like not much left and the choices were very limited.After I have taken my food,I was shocked by what I've seen in front.The dining area was "attacked" by numerous of flies.The waitress there was just standing there and looking at the flies flying around without taking any action.The food was another horrible story.I can't even finish 2 sausages because they were too chewy.The porridge was tasteless too.By looking at the flies,I was so eager to check out after that.But never expected that even a lift also not working so ended up I have to climb up to the 5th floor by using the staircase.

I think the only plus points of the hotel are the deluxe sea view,hotel bed quality and also the location.It should be able to do better only if the management willing to manage the hotel in a better way.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I had buffet Ramadhan here.. The food was awesome especially the Oxtail Asam Pedas by Chef Boz and Sesame Seed Prawn by Chef Aiman.. To everyone out there, it is a must for you all to try the ramadhan buffet here...

• Stayed August 2012
Ipoh, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

i'm sorry to list out these comments. But, hope that the management can do something in future.
we were disappointed during our trip somewhere in may 2012 (school holidays). i just spent 2d1n in this hotel. no welcome greeting or smiles at the reception counter, i was waiting for them to ask me...but i finally asked them for a room. Room untidy, quite old furniture, really small for RM276/day. Dirty bathroom.noisy and NOT COOL Air conditioning sys. A serviceman came to repair the Aircond but nothing change until we checked out. only little variety of meal for breakfast n not delicious. flies everywhere in the restaurant. not enough lift. parking lot size too small. Nobody answer when call from room (asking for iron). dirty pool water. Hmm...that's all for the bad report. for the good reviews are the ocean scenery from the window, windy n cool, very near to the beach n easy to reach.

Room Tip: no tip if the hotel didn't do anything
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had a room whereby the air condition was leaking and they were helpful gave me another room and guess what it's happening again so we just gave up. The management team should review the situation of each and every room before they operate the business further. I think the whole building needs a revamp. I would highly advise the management team to consider a big renovation in the whole entire building inside and outside.

• Stayed July 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I've discovered this place when I'm on my way to Johore Bahru. I saw "Port Dickson" stated at the signboard along the highway from Kuala Lumpur. My heart said "take a rest with a beach sound". After I came out from toll, I realized that Port Dickson is quit far from the highway but its an easy road (straight) and no traffic jam. Its been too long since the last time I came to Port Dickson. There's a bigger road and a lot of development. its change a lot....Luckily I didnt lost.:)) I know that Avillion is quit expensive. Better not to spend a lot tonight as I have a long way to go tomorrow. Glory & Sunshine, I've tried before. just OK and price I guess more than RM100.
Corus paradise at my right hand side. When I want to park my car, an indian guy approach me and asked whether I need a room. I was so shocked but try not to by asking "how much". He said RM 80. It really cheap for Port Dickson rates. I think I should give a try as Im too tired. He brought me to the room, its not a room actually, its 2 bedrooms apartment. Kitchen with stove & fridge, living room with TV and facing the sea. Bedroom with aircon. but 1 bathroom outside the bedroom. He said he locked the other room as i only rent 1 room. I asked whether he will rent the room to others. He said NO. Great. I agreed. I paid RM80 and he informed to leave the key at the table when I check out tomorrow. He leaves his boss business card and his cellphone number. Balcony not so clean, but i dont bother as its just for 1 night. You still can see the nice view from the living room. Definitely no room service and free breakfast. It is consider you are renting a house from the owner.There is a karaoke place beside the car park area. You can drove down to the small town nearby to buy grocery or clothes or having dinner. There is a lot of restaurant and cafe along the road heading to Teluk Kemang. You can explore and give them a try.This is a budget apartment for a family trip as you can get 1 whole apartment for just RM160 per night. You can bargain if you want to and no extra charges for late check out.:))

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo