“We will never come back to this hotel...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Corus Paradise Resort

You added Corus Paradise Resort to your Saves list
Corus Paradise Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3.5km, Jalan Pantai, Port Dickson 71000, Malaysia (Formerly Paradise Lagoon)   |
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Port Dickson
Ipoh, Malaysia
“We will never come back to this hotel...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

i'm sorry to list out these comments. But, hope that the management can do something in future.
we were disappointed during our trip somewhere in may 2012 (school holidays). i just spent 2d1n in this hotel. no welcome greeting or smiles at the reception counter, i was waiting for them to ask me...but i finally asked them for a room. Room untidy, quite old furniture, really small for RM276/day. Dirty bathroom.noisy and NOT COOL Air conditioning sys. A serviceman came to repair the Aircond but nothing change until we checked out. only little variety of meal for breakfast n not delicious. flies everywhere in the restaurant. not enough lift. parking lot size too small. Nobody answer when call from room (asking for iron). dirty pool water. Hmm...that's all for the bad report. for the good reviews are the ocean scenery from the window, windy n cool, very near to the beach n easy to reach.

Room Tip: no tip if the hotel didn't do anything
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Indonesian first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I had a room whereby the air condition was leaking and they were helpful gave me another room and guess what it's happening again so we just gave up. The management team should review the situation of each and every room before they operate the business further. I think the whole building needs a revamp. I would highly advise the management team to consider a big renovation in the whole entire building inside and outside.

• Stayed July 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I've discovered this place when I'm on my way to Johore Bahru. I saw "Port Dickson" stated at the signboard along the highway from Kuala Lumpur. My heart said "take a rest with a beach sound". After I came out from toll, I realized that Port Dickson is quit far from the highway but its an easy road (straight) and no traffic jam. Its been too long since the last time I came to Port Dickson. There's a bigger road and a lot of development. its change a lot....Luckily I didnt lost.:)) I know that Avillion is quit expensive. Better not to spend a lot tonight as I have a long way to go tomorrow. Glory & Sunshine, I've tried before. just OK and price I guess more than RM100.
Corus paradise at my right hand side. When I want to park my car, an indian guy approach me and asked whether I need a room. I was so shocked but try not to by asking "how much". He said RM 80. It really cheap for Port Dickson rates. I think I should give a try as Im too tired. He brought me to the room, its not a room actually, its 2 bedrooms apartment. Kitchen with stove & fridge, living room with TV and facing the sea. Bedroom with aircon. but 1 bathroom outside the bedroom. He said he locked the other room as i only rent 1 room. I asked whether he will rent the room to others. He said NO. Great. I agreed. I paid RM80 and he informed to leave the key at the table when I check out tomorrow. He leaves his boss business card and his cellphone number. Balcony not so clean, but i dont bother as its just for 1 night. You still can see the nice view from the living room. Definitely no room service and free breakfast. It is consider you are renting a house from the owner.There is a karaoke place beside the car park area. You can drove down to the small town nearby to buy grocery or clothes or having dinner. There is a lot of restaurant and cafe along the road heading to Teluk Kemang. You can explore and give them a try.This is a budget apartment for a family trip as you can get 1 whole apartment for just RM160 per night. You can bargain if you want to and no extra charges for late check out.:))

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Not as good as the picture says...hotel was too full, over crowded, i guess some from the apartments. The pool was overly crowded and the water is murky. Very bad for the standard of Corus Hotel. Parking was horendous. You cannot take your car out as you will never get a parking space. The Management should think of getting more parking space. Never had this when i stay at Thistle.Good location, nice view. Rooms are ok only. Mattress need a change. TV did not have AV jacs, thats funny. And the PS3 room was always shut. Not a time that it was open...strange... Food at breakfast was good except that you need more people cooking the eggs. I mean the hotel is running 100% and you have a one person cooking eggs?? moreover he is a trainee!!!Fyi, my room number is 407..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I would just like to thank puan jamaliah specifically who made a birthday celebration as a surprise for my sons' 21st birthday .
A fantistic private lunch was served at the beach with 2 wonderful attendents who were very pleasant.The chef should not be forgotten for the tasty high tea and dinner.thank you chef.
I would also like to thank pn zaida who was very promt in replying my sms.
thank you for a wonderful set up at the gazebo.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Melaka, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I was there for a business workshop, so I don't not pay for the room rental. But for the sake of other future guest, I need to put a review somehow.
The location is good, the beach view is nice, but however the room is horrible, dirty, with the bedsheets got some dirt mark. The sliding door cannot be opened, it's stuck somewhere. thus I cannot enjoy the beach view from my room.Budget hotel is much better than this.

Room Tip: Do not take room number 401 - 410.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
KL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is the worst hotel ever that we had stayed in. In the internet rates, their so-called offer was from RM450 is reduced to RM200. However, the room is like budget hotel. The breakfast, we couldnt eat any food in Laguna Restaurant. The noodle is dry and tasteless. Worst of all, they expect us to eat cereal with dilluted condensed milk? Coffee is worst ever. The room is very small, with ugly and dimmed lighting. The room is not safe at all especially for young kids. Also very dirty. When we looked under the bed to find the kids' toys..we found a lot of stuff in there. We choose the hotel because from outside and internet, it looks nice. However very horrible inside. The staff are mostly indians, and unfriendly at all.

Room Tip: Forget about this hotel. You have much better choices out there.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Corus Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!