“staff not friendly,bad service” 3 of 5 stars

Selesa Beach Resort
5th Mile, Jalan Pantai, Port Dickson 71050, Malaysia   |
Ranked #18 of 33 hotels in Port Dickson
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
“staff not friendly,bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

last month i stayed at selesa beach port dickson,,room is old and dirty..morning breakfast,i look a staff all a seriously face,,i think maybe a prosedure there,staff cannot to get smile with GUEST..bcoz the first day i at there i not take seriously problem.at evening,i go coffee house for order ala carte,nobody staff come take order until 10 minute i wait,when i call,come someone staff and look me like look enermy,,i think better manangment do something for good servis staff,

Room Tip: room on first level are noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I first visited this hotel in 2006 when it was still known as Regency Hotel. That time, I paid RM260 for the Seaview Room. Expensive it was but it was well kept and properly managed (except the long check-in and long check-out system).

This time, however, after 6.5 years, my visit back to this hotel (now known as Selesa Beach Resort) was very much a disappointment -- big disappointment. This time round, I paid RM190 nett for a Garden Room because this hotel was having a PROMO in Agoda.com. The "promo" wasn't really a promotion because they took out "breakfast for 2" from this room rate. If the breakfast was added back in, the price would probably have come up to RM240++. Anyway, coming back to topic.

My check in experience was super and fast (I was surprised!). The lady at the Front Office, Ms Renu, was very friendly, efficient and very quick. She didn't want to let me wait too long and handed me the keys almost immediately. I was happy. My boyfriend and I headed to our room and the minute the door was pushed open, my goodness! The room was shabby and old, the side cupboard where they placed the hot water kettle and tea/coffee making facilities were torn and tattered, ANTS swarmed the tray where the sugar and creamer were placed, the whole bathroom mirror had brown patches all over and the wooden tray that held the shampoo, soap and etc was almost the state of being rotten.

I had to run out of my room with the tray-with-ants to pass to the house keeping lady who was just next door. What did she do? Wipe the ants away and gave the tray back to me. I could have done that myself!

Balcony floor had bird's and bat's droppings all over, cigarette buds strewn all over the floor -- isn't this part of housekeeping? So whenever we wanted to sit at the balcony, we had to inconvenient ourselves to grab our slippers and to wear them when being at the balcony.

Air-conditioning system was weak. The room only got cold at night whereas during the day time, it felt like the air-cond didn't exist.

As for the surroundings in the hotel, the landscaping was still properly maintained, pool was OK but water was a bit murky and the beach was clean. The carpark area needs to be improved as there was hardly any carpark space for us to park when we came back to the hotel after dinner. My boyfriend had to get someone from the hotel to push away some bollards just so that we did not need to park on the main road, OUTSIDE the hotel.

Our verdict?

We reminded ourselves why, in the past 6.5 years, we have never came back to stay at this hotel. And....we won't ever stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Generally the location is good and with a beach right behind it,convenient. The management now does not allow seats on the beach.....so u cannot lay there and enjoy the sea breeze unless u bring yr own easy chair. A dissapointment.
Room is old and especially the bathroom mirror where u can see many black dots. Do not rent those near the road, very noisy.
Even new year eve they do not have activities there....and the bar by the pool is all closed without lifeguard.
Having a good location with a beach but very poor management. Imagine entering yr hotel room without being provided any bath towel in the room.

• Stayed December 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have been a frequent visitor to this hotel since the day they were called Regency Hotel till they change to a new management and changed its name to Selesa Beach Hotel.
I normally will try not to go to this hotel if I visit Port Dickson but due to last minute booking unavailability of other hotels/resort, I therefore have no choice but to stay at this hotel. Not surprising to find out that they still have room available on the day that I wanted to stay with my family when I called at 4pm on the same day.
Looks like they have painted the hotel with different paint color but to a much worst color choice and reduced the look and feel into looking like a budget hotel. The rooms are basic and still doesn’t look impressive even after refresh job done. I can see that they have change the room color, curtain and bed head board, that’s it. The rest looks the same.
Paid RM260 for 2 single bed room for one night with breakfast for 2 which I consider reasonable. The food served for breakfast was decent for Malaysian food choices. They normaly charge RM15r per adult for breakfast.
Few things that I like about the hotel;
1. The location – near to the pasar malam and happening place
2. Nice beach and sand area
3. Near to eating place by the beach – just next door
4. Nice and clean surrounding
Few things that I don’t like about this hotel;
1. Old looking hotel
2. Looks like a budget hotel
3. Limited parking
4. Slow room service
5. Not so friendly staff
The hotel is no longer in my list of hotel that I want to stay when I visit Port Dickson due to the drop in its standard. I notice the following during my recent visit:
- They do not provide pool towel as they keep saying that all the towels are taken and most of it has been sent to laundry. However, I didn’t see anyone at the pool with hotel towels at all.
- No life guard even after few incidents where small children have lost their life in the pool
- ALLOWING GUEST TO SWIM WITH FULL ATTIRE.. You will see guests wearing polo shirt, 3qtr pants and long sleeve shirt in the pool. Btw, I stepped on a tudung brooch which was at the bottom of the pool.

Sad to see a good hotel with good reputation over 5 yrs ago is going downward in becoming a budget hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I am here now when writing this review,(21/12/2012) doomsday :p.. i really like staying here,maybe i got a neat room compared to others.Yet, this is the best place so far in PD. But really.... there is a lot of room for improvements such as replacing the old furniture like the side bed table with chanel and volume control... man... that was the technology of the jurrasic era...hehe... probably a 32" tv would be better compared to current 19"@22" tv..thus that is good enough for me as i'm more to the beach. overall this is the nicest in pd so far for now that i visit.surely will come again... off the school holiday perhaps...

• Stayed December 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

The only thing bad about the place was the food spread breakfast, lunch and dinner were poor in variety and standard. The rooms were good clean and neat, the service of the check in and check know out staff was good. The beach was good great for kids shallow and hardly any waves.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just randomly picked a hotel from the net and i came across this beach resort in Port Dickson. Well..Port Dickson is not far from Kuala Lumpur but just for the sake of a brief getaway so i made my reservation.
OMG...the resort was just too average. I've booked a deluxe superior room. The room was spacious but everything was 'old' and shaggy. Have to remind myself next time not to pay more then i should. There was a blockage in the drain of the bathroom and i have to call for the maintenance in order to make sure that i would drown myself while in the tub. The LCD television or whatever it was have its own mind in controlling its volume. I have to lip read to know the conversations. Then it was time to go to bed.... and suddenly the air-conditioner tried to turn the room into an igloo... pacing here and there after trying meticulously adjusting the degree of coldness i went to sleep..the only thing that soothed me when i opened my eyes that morning was the pool. It looked inviting...

Room Tip: ask for the room overlooking the sea. it helps.. :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Selesa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!