I have been a frequent visitor to this hotel since the day they were called Regency Hotel till they change to a new management and changed its name to Selesa Beach Hotel.
I normally will try not to go to this hotel if I visit Port Dickson but due to last minute booking unavailability of other hotels/resort, I therefore have no choice but to stay at this hotel. Not surprising to find out that they still have room available on the day that I wanted to stay with my family when I called at 4pm on the same day.
Looks like they have painted the hotel with different paint color but to a much worst color choice and reduced the look and feel into looking like a budget hotel. The rooms are basic and still doesn’t look impressive even after refresh job done. I can see that they have change the room color, curtain and bed head board, that’s it. The rest looks the same.
Paid RM260 for 2 single bed room for one night with breakfast for 2 which I consider reasonable. The food served for breakfast was decent for Malaysian food choices. They normaly charge RM15r per adult for breakfast.
Few things that I like about the hotel;
1. The location – near to the pasar malam and happening place
2. Nice beach and sand area
3. Near to eating place by the beach – just next door
4. Nice and clean surrounding
Few things that I don’t like about this hotel;
1. Old looking hotel
2. Looks like a budget hotel
3. Limited parking
4. Slow room service
5. Not so friendly staff
The hotel is no longer in my list of hotel that I want to stay when I visit Port Dickson due to the drop in its standard. I notice the following during my recent visit:
- They do not provide pool towel as they keep saying that all the towels are taken and most of it has been sent to laundry. However, I didn’t see anyone at the pool with hotel towels at all.
- No life guard even after few incidents where small children have lost their life in the pool
- ALLOWING GUEST TO SWIM WITH FULL ATTIRE.. You will see guests wearing polo shirt, 3qtr pants and long sleeve shirt in the pool. Btw, I stepped on a tudung brooch which was at the bottom of the pool.
Sad to see a good hotel with good reputation over 5 yrs ago is going downward in becoming a budget hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Selesa Beach Resort is nestled on a stretch of white sandy beach on Malaysia's West Coast. With a scenic view of the Malacca Straits, Selesa Beach Resort is an ideal retreat for a getaway or convention venue. Easily accessible via the North South Expressway, it is just an hour away from the ever bustling city of Kuala Lumpur and historical Malacca and 45 minutes drive from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). Selesa Beach Resort welcomes you with a truly Malaysian Hospitality. With 213 elegantly appointed guests rooms and suites, the resort offers a comfortable Four Star hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Selesa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selesa Beach Hotel Port Dickson