“Excellent, though a tad pricey” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lexis Port Dickson

Save Saved
You added Lexis Port Dickson to your Saves list
Lexis Port Dickson
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Batu 2, Jalan Seremban, Port Dickson 71000, Malaysia (Formerly Legend Water Chalets)   |
Special Rate
Ramadan Special
Ranked #7 of 33 hotels in Port Dickson
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent, though a tad pricey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Pros:
1. Awesome view and nicely designed rooms with balcony overlooking the sea (stayed in water chalet).
2. Excellent, prompt and cheerful service by all staff.
3. They've got all sorts of recreational activities here... good for short stays with family / friends.
4. Ample (and safe) parking space (multistory carpark within hotel itself)
5. Excellent breakfast and top notch service by staff!

Cons:
1. Rooms are a little run down. The blinds in the water chalet were not working properly and torn. They should have the budget to replace these old blinds.
2. Recreational activities were a little pricey, especially the spa which was daylight robbery. Do NOT visit the spa because you'll get a better pricing in other parts of Malaysia or if you tour the town.
3. The water in the pool was cloudy. Better not to bring your kids in here.

Room Tip: Bring your multi-plug. Not enough plugs in this room to go around if you're using different pho...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Recently I've checked into this hotel for 2D/1N. And my decision was right to stay only one night. I heard about the hotel from my good friends, and they told me for weekend check in 2D/1N or maximum 3D/2N should be ok, but not for long stay.

I've booked 2 rooms at Lexis for my family. Below is my personal opinion review.

GOOD
1. Room was spacious with 1 King and 1 Queen bed - Can fit 4 adults
2. Big bathroom with seperate toilet, shower and big bathtub - Kids will love this.
3. Balcony facing sea Straits Melacca - Nice sunset view from the balcony.
4. LCD TV
5. Breakfast was OK. I like the foods there, not WOW but ok and tasty.
6. Swimming pool with play area are good for family with kids.

BAD / NEED IMPROVEMENT
1. The beds was OK - the moment I walk into the room a bit dissapointed to see the bed look like bumpy here and there and not properly tied up.
2. I found small died cockroach at my parents room near the queen bed - OMG!
3. The toilet / bathroom / bathtub area - Need more clean up - The cleaner need to do their job properly.
4. There was no personal touch from the hotel staff - I guess they are busy due to I was checked in during X'mas eve : But the guard (not sure if the part of the hotel staff or security) at the enterence was friendly direct me to the parking area and gave some advice on the local restaurant.
5. Maintenance on their room's wooden floor need to be done.

Overall the hotel was only OK, and need to improve cleaning services, and also i think they need to maintain the furniture. Look a bit worn off and make the room environment a bit dull.

I personally recommand this hotel for short stay, not for the long one. If long one, you may want to go for Thistle Hotel or Avillion. I've stayed at Thistle and Avillion few times they are way better for long stay.

Next time I would like to try Grand Lexis - Again maybe for short stay :)

Room Tip: All rooms seem to face sea - straits of melacca. Mine was at level 813 and 813A. Very good view sea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
kuala lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stay at premium tower seaview room last week. The room is huge and look exactly like the picture. Everything seems perfect until we step into the room. The floor is dirty, full of dust like they didn't actually clean it at all. The hotel provides us 2 pairs of slipper, so we just wear it and didn't actually care about the floor for a while. Then we notice the room has 2 beds which are one king size bed and another queen side bed. We book for 2 person room, so another bed is totally wasted. Besides, I guess the queen size bed is just a decoration for the room cause it like never use before. The window beside the queen size bed is full of dust. The bath tub also had stain on it, and like previously got people use it before and haven't clean yet. The towel provided by the hotel also had stain on it. The air conditioner didn't function well and got a loud noise from the balcony which seriously disturb our sleep. The door of balcony also can't lock. The toilet can't flush. We call for housekeeping service while we go for dinner. However, the room seems like not much change after room service. The floor is slight clean a bit, besides that I can't see any different. We pay this much but I don't think this hotel worth it. This hotel do not have a private beach, so if you want a private beach, please search for other better hotel. The swimming pool is small and crowd, you can't really swim on it. The only thing good about our room is the sea view. I love the sea view from the balcony very much. The breakfast also not bad. However, I don't think this hotel worth the price. If the price of the room being reduce by 50%, I may consider to stay again next time.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Visit Port Dickson again after a long time, and stay in this Water Chalet in Lexis Port Dickson after we do some survey on the internet. The room is clean and comfy, hotel environment is good and we get a quick check in with helpful and friendly staff. Was welcomed and greet by hotel staff when we were in the hotel, feel comfortable to tour around the hotel. We would come back again when we need another short break from our busy city life.

kuala lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Been there with family for about two times as my father was on business trip there..Stay at different room; the first time at the building while the second was at the beach (chalet)..The rooms were so-so..I dont like the toilet..it did not feel clean..however the internet was good..

the most disappointed one is their service..it is very bad when the second time stayed there..they cleaned the room but they did not change the toiletries..(maybe the cleaner forgot to do that)..we at first did not realize that till the next morning when my sister was going to have a bath..then she called the housekeeping..she spoke very softly telling the housekeeper bout that..but do you know what the answer was? 'why dont you tell us yesterday? I am currently in the middle of writing my report..so theres nobody can send the toiletries to you..' OMG! is that how you speak to your customer? how the hell we are going to have a bath if theres no shower gel in the bathroom??? plus..why should we, the customer care of what shes doing at that specific point of time? was she the only one works at the housekeeping dept at lexis PD??we bet shes the supervisor at housekeeping dept since she was telling us that shes writing a report..if she really is, then thats really unprofessional attitude for a supervisor..

anyway, the stay was not cheap..n the service was pretty bad..if you want to stay at similar type of resort..you better go to avillion PD..cheaper with MUCH BETTER service..and they have private beach too..trust me!! really not worth staying here..plus..you have to pay for every activitiy you want to have there..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

With the price I paid, I expected more from this hotel.

Cons:
1) Internet: Very very horribly slow.
2) Bed: Was not properly made, there were "bumps" on the sheet, as if there were "creatures" hiding below it.
3) Day bed: Bedsheet was dirty & dusty, not sure if the sheet was ever changed?
4) Balcony: There was a used bait underneath the chairs!!! It made us really wonder how extensive the cleaning prior to our check-in was... We actually called Housekeeping and the guy was kind enough to re-sweep the floor for us and man oh man, was it dusty....
5) Bathtub tap wasn't really working.
6) Fridge & aircond were making so much noise that it disrupted our sleep.
7) TV kept blacking-out constantly
8) Phone wasn't functioning either. Every staff kept asking us to dial "5" for Reception (but the number actually went to the Spa) or "0" for operator, but dialing "0" actually led to nowhere.
9) Coffee house - It looked more like a nest for flies than an eatery. Everywhere you go, voila! Flies on your food, flies on your drinks! Flies! Flies! Flies!

Do I really need to go on? Come on.. For the price that Lexis is charging, don't the occupants deserve better facilities and service? At the first complaint of the bedsheet & bathroom's condition, we should've been offered another room.
But then again, perhaps all rooms have the same issues.

The only good things would be: They offer decent views, courteous staff and they actually provide complimentary birthday cake.

Sigh.
What a disappointment.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Expensive hotel yet lousy facility operation hour! Staff attitude are poor, not friendly....we paid for that much but we don't get the service....!!!

I think there's some other hotel with more reasonable charges in port Dickson are much much better..

Sorry to said that... I won't recommend..

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Lexis Port Dickson? Share your experiences!