“Relaxing good time” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Port Dickson
Singapore, Singapore
“Relaxing good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Was here during the last New Year, so it was very busy. I think we would enjoy it more if it wasn't the holiday season. Prices were also exorbitant because of this, but its ok, we were newly weds lol. Still managed to relax plenty. Loved the adults only pool. Was in the premium water chalet and I guess it was worth the money as we had open sea view from the balcony, hence a bit more privacy. With the premium tag also came the lounge access at Avi Spa, which was awesome. The staff, particularly at the Avi lounge was really professional in the way they serve, absolutely loved them. Oh didn't hurt that the drinks and nibblies were really great as well. If you want to pamper yourself, definitely go for the Premiums. I bet the spa would be amazing too, but we didn't try. Hole in pockets anyone? The room was great but not 5 star quality, but hey, it's called a chalet for a reason lol. So I guess is it a 5 star chalet..hmm close. The partly outdoor shower area made the small miserable bathtub redundant imo lol. Buffet was big, I sooo wanted to try everything but sadly couldn't, mehs. The dishes I tried was a-ok, I especially loved the omellete section but apparently so did everybody else, the queue tested my patience. Loved the pastries also. Ok getting a bit too long winded, so yes, I would stay here again no worries.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
APDMQuay, General Manager at Avillion Port Dickson, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for finding the time to provide us with this review…

We have taken note of the comments provided and have channeled them to the necessary teams to assist improving our services to help serve you and our future guests better.

Looking forward to welcome you back again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our family had been to Avillion Port Dickson a number of times over the few years since 2009. It has always been a good and relaxing getaway from city life.

Overall, we felt that the service level for the staff has always been great. I recalled a visit back in 2009 that I was having sore throat and running nose at one point during my visit to avi spa, I had commented to a staff about the ginger tea they are serving as it seems to help with my aliment. She had explained that the ginger used to make the tea came from the garden in avillion though it isn't for purchase. Around closing time, the staff had brought over some of the tea to my room. Needless to say, my family was very impressed and touched by the kind gesture.

Even as we walk along the paths coming across staffs, there were friendly greetings and smiling faces from each of the staff. Granted that on one or two occasions, particularly at the counters during check-in time, the staffs were notably busy and could not attend to us as quickly as they could have.

Nevertheless, there's always the playground and children area where were spent our time till the room gets ready. On other occasions, we do spent time in the lounge to sip a drink or two just to pass some time.

In any case, I guess feedbacks from staff atitude varies from individual to individual, thought I just wanted to share mine as it has always been pretty good overall experience with avillion.

This trip, we are staying in the premium water chalet and had visited Avi Spa, gone for breakfast, pet farm, high tea etc. I noted that the level of service provided by the staff is consistently good as in our previous visits.

Anyway, the only downside I experienced so far, has been the wireless internet connection, which is pretty slow with spotty reception. I don't mind too much of that since it's a holiday getaway, though it would be nice if this could be improved.

Noting beats seating on a beach chair on the balcony of the premium water chalet, overlooking the ocean and sipping a drink while reading news/chatting with friends through internet. :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for finding the time to provide us with this review.

We are happy to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured that we have taken note of your unpleasant experience on the wireless connections

Should you decide to return for another stay, please do let us know and we will be very happy to accommodate and welcome you back for a return stay.
Selangor,Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Overall the place is fine but the room is full with mosquito. My baby's face was bitten alot... very pity ...When I complaint this to the receptionist they told me I can make a request for the mosquito repellent. But I was thinking they should prepare this to every room by default for guest convenience and not to wait for the guest to request.

Room abit old and dirty.

Also, when I checked in, total amount they charged is including the deposit. But I was not been informed until i check out my bill in the room. From my previous experience in other hotel the recpetionist will always notify the guest that they are going to charge x amount deposit and is refundable when check out. This is the very simple procedure but yet the receptionist in avillion fail to do so. And they dont even tell me what time the breakfast start and where is the restaurant located.

I really hope the service can be improved and make it a better hotel which worth for stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for finding the time to provide us with this review…

We are very sorry that overall your experience was not as positive as that of others on this site, but would once again like to thank you for sharing this with us and for highlighting areas where improvement may be found.

Please be assured that we have taken note of your unpleasant experience and we can provide mosquito net for your next stay

We hope that this one off incident has not marred your general impression of the resort as a whole for future visits.
MY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Clean and comfortable room with a day bed, the room can fit 3 pax esp. for those with a kid. Design and furniture is a bit old. Price is on the higher end. Has a big bathroom with bathtub and open rooftop rain shower.
The hotel is located near PD waterfront where there is Starbucks (drive-thru), MCD, and some other restaurants.
Hotel buffet breakfast is quite ok.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for choosing our resort..

We have communicated your suggestions to our team and will ensure it is taken into account for a better stay experience.
Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just got back from Avillion. Stayed there from Sunday till Tuesday (29 sept-1 oct). We booked the premium water chalet. The check-in went smoothly. The room is smaller than i expected but excellent. There was one king bed, and another double bed next to the window with sea view, a balcony, excellent outdoor shower. We enjoyed the petting animal farm, swimming pool with jacuzi; tried out the jet ski for the first time and husband was very very pleased that he got to kayak (rm10 per hour which was very very cheap). The restaurant service was a bit slow (many customers at the time) but i was really very pleased with my Nasi Goreng Kampung, delicious !! The lounge has really great view, took loads of picturesque photographs there. Breakfast was ok. Staffs are very friendly and helpful.

We are happy with everything and would love to come back to this place with other family members!! A really satisfying holiday. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us…

Your kind comments are most valued. Please be assured that we have taken note of your feedback especially the staff service at the Food & Beverage department.

Your continuous support will be appreciated and to receive high compliments for your return visit means a lot to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back...
Kajang, Selangor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

It was probably peaceful because we went on a weekday. We booked the garden chalet (ground floor) this time because of our active 2 year old. The room was smaller than I expected (it looked much bigger in the website photos). The furniture looked a little worn out but I can't complain because it was clean and beautiful. The room we booked was right beside the beach, so that was a plus point. Can't comment on the food because we hardly ever eat hotel food(too pricey and not worth it). We preferred the delicious variety of food in PD town. Pool was clean except for a few leaves that kept falling in the water from the walkway. The workers kept fishing out the leaves. Service was good. Staff were very polite with smiling faces. Don't expect the beach to be like the Maldives, in fact, expect the opposite. Overall, it was a nice, peaceful holiday.

Room Tip: If booking a garden chalet, ask for room 229. It's right beside the beach. You can hear the wave...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
APDMQuay, General Manager at Avillion Port Dickson, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for finding the time to provide us with this review…

While it is good to read that there were elements of your stay which you enjoyed and we apologise that we did not meet your overall expectation.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time review us.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

1) Bought this Water Chalet room from recent Matta Fair, the sales guy say APD is an unforgettable experience/holiday, and when we are there, we will never feel we are in Port Dickson. Sure enough, it is an unforgettable BAD holiday, and truly we never feel we are in a 5 star luxury resort. Not sure why APD won so many awards. Are those fakes?

2) 5 stars price, 3 stars basic hotel experience, 2 stars front desk service. That sums up APD. You pay for 5 stars price, but you get 2 stars service. Total thumbs down for APD, I will never return.

3) Front desk staffs needs to be more courteous and polite. One was quite of rude.

4) We reaches hotel at 1pm, but was told we can only check-in at 2pm, and rooms are only available after 3pm. asked them why that is so. They said there are corporate guests still not check-out yet, and they need time to clean/house-keep the room. We were told to wait at the lobby. Times are wasted. When we asked another time at about 1.30pm, another Front Desk Staff was telling that was not due to guests late check out, but it is their SOP that stated guests can only check in at 3pm even when there is room available!

5) Neither bell-boy nor staff to carry our luggage, and direct us to our room. We have to carry our luggage by ourselves, and try to find where our room is. I wonder why we pay service charge (10%) on top of the room. Don’t you think APD should pay us for the service instead, since we have to carry our luggage ourselves?

6) There were flies at the restaurant when we are having our breakfast. No staffs come to our aid, so we have to keep our hands busy trying to clear the flies.

7) When it was raining, no staffs come to help us to move our utensils and food inside the restaurant, instead, we have to carry the stuff ourselves. The staff can even ask us why we did not take our utensils inside. Hello?? You suppose to handle the utensils for us. We are the customer.

8) Poor breakfast service and management. When we went for our breakfast, we were told to go to another place for the breakfast. Mind you, the breakfast was included in the room package. We were told, the place is given to corporate guests. So other individual guests will have to take the stairs to the 1st and 2nd floor for breakfast. However, the breakfast spread was different.

9) Call room-dining for dinner, as we were too tired to go out. The operator is rude, when I order the Healthy Kuey Teow , i was told, there is no such food in the menu (How can that be, when the previous day, we order the same Healthy Kuey Teow?). Then she told us that there is Penang Fried Kuey Teow. So we order that. Guess what, when they deliver the food to us, the receipt shows Healthy Kuey Teow. I was wondering why the staff argue with me at the 1st place when the RECEIPT SHOWS Healthy Kuey Teow. Seriously, I think APD need to train their staffs; they don’t even know their own menu.

10) Different staff provides different information

11) Poor maintenance of the room and not as clean.

12) Swimming pool are not clean

13) Food is not up to the standard for the price they are charging.

14) The beach is not well-maintained.

15) TV channels limited. Basic channels which are free. If compare with even a 3 stars hotel, APD are worse.

16) wi-fi access is an excruciatingly frustrating experience

17) Mosquitos in the room. Probably came from the tank filled with water just outside our room.

Room Tip: None, unforgettable bad holiday, and 2 stars service
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback...
The Team sincerely apologise for the unpleasant experience and had taken remedial steps to improve on on all the matters.

We assure you that your comments will help us to improve in the areas mentioned and staffs will be retrained.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Avillion Port Dickson? Share your experiences!