“Attention to details” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Port Dickson
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Attention to details”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Just a 1 night stay. Was thinking wasn't the perfect one but at least can fully enjoy the 1 night stay with our wine and beer after long day at work. We have a chance to stay for complimentary but we pay for the upgrade. Just wanted a nice room with nice view to relax. Unfortunately. .. we cannoy enjoy the beer and wine that we brought along with us. Right after checked in we requested for an empty beer and wine glass. After 45 minutes later the waiter come with both glass but they are dirty and I can see all the thumb print on it. Not talking about inside the glasses. Not even apologies and been delivered a dirty glass to our room. It was my partner birthday and we just wanna have a toast for him. Not to make us more upset with the stay, we plan to walk out at the garden.. realized the in room safebox not working at all. We called the Duty Manager the front desk assistance answer the phone.Duty manager on the floor. Dont even have a courtesy to call back! Is it because I stay under complimentary night? Well forget it. Plan to eat at the restaurants cancelled immediately and we went out for dinner to celebrate my partner birthday. On our way out.. we explained to the front desk that the safe are not working and the glass are dirty. When we back to our room, the girl followed up the dirty glass but not the in room safe. Well thats ok. The staff not even apologize for what happened. The next day during check out. A few guests lining up and I am the 5th guest waiting. Only 1 front desk staff. .. that's ok. I think the senior staff come out to help.. God.. just smile and at least say sorry to us for waiting for u...anyway this is just a feed back. You has a nice place to stay. Just need to upgrade the staff mind set. Your place is doing ok.. when you have a fantastic staff you will doing it great.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was of the first impression that Avillion PD was a romantic escapade for honeymooners. The water chalets on stilts and candlelight dinner by the beach seemed to be the selling points propagated extensively. When I arrived with my family members (all adults), I was greeted with hilarious screams of children in the pool, parents feeding kids at restaurants, children chasing rabbits & chickens at the pet garden etc. Although the chalets set-up was meant to be serene and breathtaking, the environment there appeared more like a family paradise. Nevertheless, we still enjoyed our one night stay in the chalet. The room was fitted with 4-poster bed with a super large open-air bathroom. The rain shower was really cozy, much better than the bath tub. One could even sleep in the spacious bathroom, listening to the waves at night and kissed by the sea breeze. The chalets did not look new anymore but still in good conditions. Generous supply of toiletries from Avi Spa was nice. The setback was the very limited TV channels. There was not a single Chinese language channel at all! Our breakfast was served primarily the local delicacies with extensive spread of variety. The taste was somewhat average. The Pet Garden had several peacocks, rabbits, chickens, turtles, doves etc with designated feeding hours where kids could participate under supervision. There was a huge family swimming pool, a wading pool for kids and a slightly secluded adult pool. Further up to the private beach, there was a good space for private wedding function.Car park was a little inconvenient across the road, opposite the main lobby.
Overall, I find this place has transformed towards a family hotel, rather than a romantic escapade used to be widely advertised when it was first established. So, do re-align your expectation before you go.

Room Tip: Get a chalet as far out to the sea as possible if you wish to lose the noise of the crowd/kids.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was trip was meant to be a birthday getaway for boyfriend. We are both resort lovers and this is one place that we would recommend.

Thanks to the review by fellow Trip advisors, we decided to part with the money and book the Premier Water Chalets despite the costly room rates. It was money well spent and that made our getaway extremely memorable. Rooms are huge, but we figured that the room sizing is pretty much the same regardless of Garden Chalets or Water Chalets. But what makes Premium Chalets more worth the money is that it extends right out into the sea. Regardless of high or low tide, it sits permanently above the seawater. Water Chalet on the other hand sits on the shallow start of the seabed and at low tide, it's dry underneath. Once in s while, you do see people walking underneath the Water Chalet. Also, with the collection of chalets, sea views of Water Chalets are blocked. What I don't like of the Garden Chalets and Water Chalets is that there is minimal privacy at it's balcony due to the walkways connecting the cluster chalets.

Try to ask for rooms in the 700+, 800+ or 900+ if you are keen on privacy. The rooms faces the sea, away from public eyes.

Glad that our stay starts from Thursday night. At least we had our fair share of peace before the crowd comes in on Saturday. There's a wedding celebration on Saturday and the resort got pretty packed on Saturday right through to Sunday morning at breakfast.

Another perk for staying in a Premium Water Chalet is that you are entitled to a Privilege Card. While the awesome outdoor sitting area at Avi Lounge is accessible to all, privilege card holders are entitled to tasty snacks at 3pm - 4.30pm and 6pm - 7.30pm. If you are entitled to the card, be there early on Saturday and Sundays. Once the snacks run out, you are only left with drinks to accompany your stay at the lounge.

I really love the huge king bed and the day bed which is about the size of a queen size bed. You can easily sleep 4-5 people comfortaby in this huge room. The day bed is right beside the window and that gave an awesome view of the sea. The structure of the bathroom is quite unique. Its roof is partially open and the rain shower is sort of under the open sky. Really thoughtful of them to build a door for its toilet. When one is using the toilet, the other can still use the bathroom. Sadly, there's no bathrobe provided.

A little disappointment for our stay was that the villa beside our room was under renovation. The constant drilling can be a little annoying. Glad that it wasn't that bad when we closed the balcony door. While sunbathing, I felt a little insecure, with the thought that the workers next door may be watching.

Unlike some fellow advisors here, we did not have any unpleasant experience with the service staffs. I thought that there were quite friendly as most do nod and smile as we walk pass them.

Room Tip: Try to ask for rooms 700+ or 800+ is you like quiet rooms
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Avillion is an amazing resort! Beautiful resort with lots to do once you are there .
They have catered for families and and also for couples wanting to relax with 2 separate pools .
It has a very small private beach which is nice however the water is not clear and looks likes the Thames which should be due to the local industrial work going on in the region which isn't visible in the area.
The only criticism I would have is the variation of food there wasn't a massive variation and the sand flies at that time of year .
The staff were amazing and very helpful and most of them spoke good English .

Room Tip: Sea water cleanliness is my only real criticism. Overall great resort.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I made reservation and been promised all be exactly as I wish with payment,less than 5 hours I want cancel it and they said their TnC is 1 night charge. While my stay also only 1 nite then ok I will go then. The next few min. I find out they screw up with my credit card because they has no idea when my reservation date ( I reserved on Saturday for Monday while they think my arrival is on Saturday) and just swap my credit card for "cancellation" fee without checking or ask me and just said SORRY. The headache since its international credit card etc, I had to ring my bank etc. Thanks to ruins my holiday mood, if you cant afford to operate your hotel please just let your customer know and its really if I donate cash to you instead of you name it with holiday but for me its nothing than show your hotel rating....exactly suppose be on ground!!!

• Stayed February 2013
SG
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived at the hotel on a rainy Wednesday afternoon. No road signs were displayed along the road and we have search for the hotel. Porter service was terrible. I alighted the car with the baggage alone as my hubby went to park the car. No one came to help and no one guided my hubby on where to park. Receptionist was terrible. She did not inform me the directions to the chalet and I had to ask twice. As it was raining, i asked if the walkway is covered, she replied sternly NO and did not even offered an umbrella to us. We have to even asked for it. Tired and cold, we have to walk under a small umbrella and carrying our own baggage. What kind of service is this???? The water chalets were located near the far end, the surroundings were nice and clean. There were 2 pools; one for kids and 1 for adults only. Rooms were bit run down. Towels and bath mats wasnt provided, no bottles of drinking water. We practically have to call and ask for the simplest things. We took a walk around the garden chalets and find them better than the water chalets. I'm a very light sleeper and kept getting woken up by kids running up and down outside on the wooden planks. Sounds of waves lapping onto the beach also woke me few times. Probably the garden chalets will be quieter.
Breakfast were poor and crowded, there were queues. Although there were quite a variety but most of them were not nice. Pancakes were hard.

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were told the check in time is 3pm, we arrived on time but have to wait for another 45 minutes because our room wasnt ready. There is only two towels provided for 4 family members. The wood around the chalets and balcony is already rotted and loosen out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Avillion Port Dickson? Share your experiences!