“Cleanliness Needs Further Improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Eagle Ranch Resort
Batu 14, Jalan Pantai, Port Dickson 71250, Malaysia   |
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Port Dickson
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Cleanliness Needs Further Improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed 2 nights with my son in the band-wagon. The beds were comfortable. The staff were generally friendly and the resort has several outdoor activities such as archery, horse-riding, go-carting, jungle-trekking. The pool was nice. The meals were average.
My only complaint is on the cleanliness of the place which could be improved further.
Firstly, the lower bathroom wall tiles were stained green and needed to be scrubbed.
Secondly, there was an unsightly rubbish dump in the nearby jungle on the way to the obstacle course.
Thirdly, the table cloth during lunch was strewn with bits of rice and bread crumbs left behind from breakfast.
These need to be addressed!

Room Tip: The log cabin has a large room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Johor, Johor, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

First of all, I'm attracted by the environment of the hotel. It was so different from other hotel. They have theme for all their rooms. A very "cow-boy" style resort with alot facilities inside. I did not try out their activities as it is abit expensive.

I stayed in the Bandwagon which made up of 2 storey of wagon with 4 rooms attached to it. So the room size was not very big but just nice. Due to the wagon is made from wood, so it is a bit smelly. The toilet is big enough with very basic amenities inside.

The room was not so clean as alot dust on the floor. My footpalm becomes dark after i enter the room without wearing my shoes. The toilet is full with ants. The room is a bit dark maybe they want to make it more romantics. :-)

The receptionist was not that friendly and they looks very blur when we check in that time. Other than that, they also did not show us where is our room. So it tooks sometimes for us to search around my room. Before we went there, we actually make a call to them but they are very rude in terms of replying phone call. Before I can continue with my next questions, the receptionist already hang up my call.

The breakfast that provided is very simple western style breakfast. Not much variety and I saw some flies in the buffet area. Hope they can improve on it.

However, I still recommend this resort for a short trip like one or two days. It's a very unique resort in Port Dickson with affordable price. Even the location of the resort is very far away from the town area and the beach.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed in the bandwagon, but it's average. for the price paid of RM99, I can't complaint much as they provide awesome outdoor activities, huge area, but the rooms are average in all terms. Far from the town as we need about 20-30 minutes to get to the main PD area. Distance to the nearest 7 Eleven is about 10-15 minutes.
Other than that it is pretty good already!

Room Tip: hmmmm... just bring mosquito repellent, and stock up before getting back to the place, as it is far...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I've make a booking through email. I've call to the hotel for 2 days they said my booking is confirm and need to make payment before guest check in. I've ask them to send me the email together with invoice and they said will send. When I waited another day for the email, they didnt not reply and i called back they say im making noise. They said already fax over to me. Are they stupid or what dont know how to differentiate what is email and fax??? Even so, I still didnt get any fax over from them as well. If you want to fax just reply an email said you already fax over to my fax please check. This standard procedure also dont know dont work in service line lah. Dont even know how to reply email better close up and sell the property. SUCKS!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

i stayed here with my freinds and i would suggest to others whom wish to be here is actually the best choice if you are looking for something different . You can feel the difference to moment you check in. . Everything is woody and you feel like you in a cowboy town . Saying this , the woody concept is perfectly balanced with the goodness of actitivity too . we had good time walking around the resort and also enjoyed watching people playing games. Most of others who were here were people that came in group for team building . Quite lucky i was not any kind of that people .hahaha . I enjoyed watching them shouting and racing amongst each other. It was a like a show for me . hehehehe.
Emmm.. here is something that i would like really hilight about this place is which it really make me to have the best time . In the night .. to my biggest suprise ..there was a party hosted by a very good dj . It was awsome . the music was fantastic and the envoirement was so nice and colorful . The dj played all kind of music and made me and my freinds partying all nite long . It was the best part throughout my holiday and i felt during the day i had fun and in the night it lived up my senses with more fun and excitement . i will strongly recommened for anyone who want to escape to a paradise which has everything under one roof .
Special thanks to the staffs and dj in the resort for making my stay a complete one !!!! . :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Kindly take note on the following should you now considering this place;
1. This place is entirely away from others, takes 25 minutes at normal drive speed (not slow speed) to reach the town.
* You may have difficulties to find a lunch and dinner place, do some shopping, get a beach view and feel like in Port Dickson - got to drive out and in few times (and far) for those.

2. They might tell you that they have walking distance beach (this was happen to me when I called them prior to the visit) - actually no, they don’t.
Upon check in, I have reconfirm this with the concierge, he confirmed that there is nearby beach but suggested me to drive through hotel’s outside perimeter as I may be attacked by monkeys should I choose to walk through hotel’s back gate. However, once I reached, the beach isn’t suitable to swim, dirty and spooky.
* My advice: Leave no choice, you have to drive to nearest public beach which I think about 10minutes away for sea-water activities.

3. The breakfast is very basic, yes, very basic.
* My advice: You may one to pay the room without breakfast rate, and make some food available for breakfast in your own room. You will save some money this way too, anyway.

4. I have stayed in Tepee type of room, the room itself is very unique, nice, safe and memorable. However, it may get too quiet if you travel in small group. It was 4 of us, stayed in 2 separate Tepee room next to each other while all other Tepees were vacant - our feeling? was like having camp in the middle of a thick jungle.
* You may feel the same too if you choose other room’s type, it is purely the matter of group’s size should you choose to stay here. You will be absolutely fine if you are a camp, jungle tracker and adventurous person.

5. There are so many exciting activities in this place, paint ball, team building, horse riding and everything about being away from city.
* My advice: Don’t go to this place for honeymoon, you are required to have minimum of 15 person per group to conduct each activity (mostly). Say for a family of 4 (2 adult + 2 kids), this is just the wrong place.

6. Did I already mention the breakfast is horrible? Err.. sorry, basic, very basic.

7. Swimming pool, is nice and clean. Girls; take note that they are very strict on the attire. No t-shirt, no tudung, no baju kurung no baju kebaya, and no track suit are allowed. The pool keeper is the king here.

8. Day time is very hot as you are like shined directly by sun, huge wide area with some flies keep following you while walking - just like cowboy town. Unless you are in the hotel’s room being on the bed with the air-cond running and the tv on. Holding a glass of chilled cola, with your favorite junk food in the other hand (you have the right to choose which hand). Don’t forget the ipod too.

9. For techy travelers; do not dream of enjoying wi-fi connection here. Some major local broadband service do not support at this area too.

I personally believe this place is meant for huge group of having team building exercise, could be from corporate, school or government. However, they will still accept FIT (a common term called for normal traveler just like us) as the side business to keep their revenue on par. Again, by saying that, couple traveler (just like me) will prefer to choose beach hotel should I visit this area again. Well, why are we in PD if not the beach aren’t we?

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Before I had even stayed there, I encountered incredibly rude sales staff! (whom are important to the service if you ask me).

I had called the sales staff as they seemed to be logically those who would tell you about packages and what not. However, when I called, they told me they had already replied my email and didnt want to explain to me what was in the package (which I knew was not in the email as it was about room rates and not packages). when I insisted and asked them, is it because you dont know what is in the package? she adamantly said YES I DO! and took 10 minutes (without even apologising for making me wait mind you) to sigh and groan and ruffle alot of papers around (i could hear it in the background distinctly - she probably purposely made alot of noise near the mouth piece to make it sound like she was soooo busy), then quoted me the details in a tired and begrudging manner.

However, it gets WORSE!

Then, when I ask to book, she says, you've got to call the resort then (which is in a different area apaprently) which is fine by me, but isnt that what sales and marketing people do too? you give some afterservice by at least telling me what dates are free and helping me put a booking into the system??

If you think, this is bad, it gets WORSE.

I questioned her and asked, if youre working for the resort and selling could you at least tell me if this particular room is available on such a date - and she says "call the resort", and just HANGS UP!

Needless to say, I'm not calling them back.

Room Tip: Call the RESORT directly! Dont bother with the sales people unless you need to get a package
Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Eagle Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!